It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 'YOU' Should be careful with what Bible you get.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
reply to post by tinfoilman

Who said if you misinterpret Scripture you are damned? Only you,
not God. I'll comment on one of your paragraphs to be kind.

Oh I'm sorry. I guess you never said that. Well if you don't believe that then I don't even know why we're having this argument lol? If you can just misread all the scripture and there's no risk of going to Hell for following the wrong doctrine, well then I guess it's not that big of deal. So, who cares?

But my point still remains that if you are debating someone. You can't really use any Bible verses to prove it. They don't mean much without the Church's stamp of approval anyway. So, the Bible becomes kinda useless in a debate. Like when you guys try to use it to prove that you're the one true Church. I mean, yeah sure, maybe it's true. But I don't know if the Bible really says that or not. I mean, I just don't understand the thing ya know. Sorry about that.

I nor the faith, Catholicism have to prove anything.

Okay, well then I guess it's not a debate anymore. It's been fun.

EDIT:
Oh and one other thing. I already know I can't read scripture on my own without the Church. You already told me that. So, I don't know why you repeated that. I wasn't arguing that. I was just saying, since that's the case, and I can't read it. No point in posting it really. I don't understand it anyway. That way you don't have to do all that copy pasta.

edit on 6-1-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Who said if you misinterpret Scripture you are damned? Only you,
not God. I'll comment on one of your paragraphs to be kind.

Oh I'm sorry. I guess you never said that. Well if you don't believe that then I don't even know why we're having this argument lol? If you can just misread all the scripture and there's no risk of going to Hell for following the wrong doctrine, well then I guess it's not that big of deal. So, who cares?

But my point still remains that if you are debating someone. You can't really use any Bible verses to prove it. They don't mean much without the Church's stamp of approval anyway. So, the Bible becomes kinda useless in a debate. Like when you guys try to use it to prove that you're the one true Church. I mean, yeah sure, maybe it's true. But I don't know if the Bible really says that or not. I mean, I just don't understand the thing ya know. Sorry about that.

I nor the faith, Catholicism have to prove anything.

Okay, well then I guess it's not a debate anymore. It's been fun.

EDIT:
Oh and one other thing. I already know I can't read scripture on my own without the Church. You already told me that. So, I don't know why you repeated that. I wasn't arguing that. I was just saying, since that's the case, and I can't read it. No point in posting it really. I don't understand it anyway. That way you don't have to do all that copy pasta.

This thread is about which is the correct Bible. I shared the name of
the first Bible and since it is written in Latin, not everyone can read it.

I posted the name and the link to the English translation of the Latin
Vulgate called the Douay-Rheims Bible.

The Bible is only part of God's revelation to man.

www.drbo.org...

All I've stated, there is no need to argue or debate, it's history.

see you, take care,

colbe

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

I would be more careful about what money hungry power hungry greedy pastor or preacher you choose to believe.

Does not matter which bible you read..just read one.

It has not just started with the KJV in recent years.

Humans have been translating the bible wrong for about 1000 years now or longer.

if it sounds morally wrong to you..then it was most likely added later by foolish uneducated men.

All the popular church doctrines are false.Heaven and hell..the rapture..original sin..ect ect pretty much everything.
The bible is not that hard to understand....pretty basic logic and reason skills.Blind faith is dangerous.."search the scripture" hold on to what is Good" the rest is hogwash.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Matthew 23:9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Pretty sure the pope is called "father". So there for he does not follow Jesus and he should not be listened to.

simple as that.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why would Christians have issues with any so called transltations of the bible? Is is because the translatons tell them and everyone else that what they believe and how they act is against God and the truth? They just think they can hide behind the translation they claim is correct, but will they be judged by the very one they claim to follow after?

By the way, not everyone on the planet reads english and no where in the bible does it say you have to read an english version to be saved. Nor does the bible say God only authorized the KJV.

As far as that goes nothing in the bible even says you need to become a Christian to be saved either does it? Believing and following after the bible does not make you a Christian. Only following after one of many Christian doctrines makes you a Christian.

All of the religions seem more like corporations with fanciful mission statements that are nothing but a cover for stealing from the poor, killing the innocent, and deceiving the gullable.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Riley Family
Why would Christians have issues with any so called transltations of the bible? Is is because the translatons tell them and everyone else that what they believe and how they act is against God and the truth? They just think they can hide behind the translation they claim is correct, but will they be judged by the very one they claim to follow after? By the way, not everyone on the planet reads english and no where in the bible does it say you have to read an english version to be saved. Nor does the bible say God only authorized the KJV.

Did I say that it was the only bible that was authorised??? Did I mention anywhere that it was the only bible authorised by God???

As far as that goes nothing in the bible even says you need to become a Christian to be saved either does it? Believing and following after the bible does not make you a Christian. Only following after one of many Christian doctrines makes you a Christian.

Your point?? This isn't a thread about what or what doesn't make you a Christian.

All of the religions seem more like corporations with fanciful mission statements that are nothing but a cover for stealing from the poor, killing the innocent, and deceiving the gullable.

Christianity is against this,
" Thou shalt not murder"
" Thou shalt not steal"
" Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by H0n3yb33
Matthew 23:9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
Pretty sure the pope is called "father". So there for he does not follow Jesus and he should not be listened to.
simple as that.

Simple as that .. eh?
Gawd this gets old. Read and learn -

"Call No Man Father" - read all this

The New Testament is filled with examples of and references to spiritual father-son and father-child relationships. Many people are not aware just how common these are, so it is worth quoting some of them here.

Paul regularly referred to Timothy as his child: "Therefore I sent to you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ" (1 Cor. 4:17); "To Timothy, my true child in the faith: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord" (1 Tim. 1:2); "To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord" (2 Tim. 1:2).

He also referred to Timothy as his son: "This charge I commit to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophetic utterances which pointed to you, that inspired by them you may wage the good warfare" (1 Tim 1:18); "You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 2:1); "But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel" (Phil. 2:22).

Paul also referred to other of his converts in this way: "To Titus, my true child in a common faith: grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior" (Titus 1:4); "I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment" (Philem. 10). None of these men were Paul’s literal, biological sons. Rather, Paul is emphasizing his spiritual fatherhood with them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indenu

Originally posted by The Riley Family
Why would Christians have issues with any so called transltations of the bible? Is is because the translatons tell them and everyone else that what they believe and how they act is against God and the truth? They just think they can hide behind the translation they claim is correct, but will they be judged by the very one they claim to follow after? By the way, not everyone on the planet reads english and no where in the bible does it say you have to read an english version to be saved. Nor does the bible say God only authorized the KJV.

Did I say that it was the only bible that was authorised??? Did I mention anywhere that it was the only bible authorised by God???

Your point?? This isn't a thread about what or what doesn't make you a Christian.

Christianity is against this,
" Thou shalt not murder"
" Thou shalt not steal"
" Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour"

You're saying Christianity is against itself? Christian history is full of murder, stealing, and lying and that continues on to this day. They feel the bible is a justification for their behavior. For example Christian Priests molest little boys but say homosexuality is wrong?

The Israelites were against all those things but the law never stopped them from breaking it. That goes for any other religion as well. They try to use God's word to justify themselves, at least they think they are, it will eventualy become evident that it never did.

I have not read a bible version that was not against murder, stealing or lying but there are those who believe you should be careful what bible one gets. It seems they need to be more careful whether or not they follow after the empty way of life handed down to them by our forefathers.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

Keep up the good work
I'm glad someone else on here sees the stupidity of using another bible besides the Blessed King James Holy Bible.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Be careful. Your soul depends upon it.

But depends on what? Believing in Jesus or being Catholic?
edit on 4-1-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

Everyone since Christ, 33 A.D. is one way or another dependent on the
Roman Catholic Church. The "beliefs" of Christ have all come from
the RCC. You can't say you believe in Christ and at the same time deny His Church.

No, we are not dependent on the Roman Catholic Church. Some of us have delved deeply enough into early church history to know that there were several churches which pre-dated the RCC, and which were genuine, apostolic, and definitely Christian. Here are a few:

the British Church - predated Augustine by centuries; and the RCC supported its primacy (see footnote)

the Assyrian Orthodox Church - the true Eastern church

the Ethiopian Church

the Coptic Church

No, the "beliefs" of Christ have all come from Christ, not the RCC, and even you can not dispute that.

I believe in Christ, and deny the RCC - there, I said it, though you said I could not.

Where do you get this stuff? I'm sure it all makes sense from an RCC point of view, but to me it does not.

Footnote: If you know the history of the early British church, who the players are in the Book of Romans, and know that Constantine was British (!), it is not too far a reach to conclude that Rome was made Christian by the British, not the other way around. When Augustine arrived on the scene, the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and other pagan riff-raff had taken over most of Britain, and the British (now known as the Welsh) had been backed into the corners of the land, Wales, Cornwall, and Strathclyde. Augustine may not even have known they existed.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
tinfoilman sez: "This is also why so many cults have EXTRA Biblical material that they teach out of and almost never use the Bible. Like the writings of Ellen White. But what does the Bible say? It says DON'T ADD ANYTHING TO THE BIBLE and so forth."

Laz replies: Ellen White was honest enough to say, "If you had read your Bibles, you wouldn't need me."

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

Without bothering to read any of this I submit to you that God does not care which Bible you use. It's your faith He is interested in; not semantics.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Without bothering to read any of this I submit to you that God does not care which Bible you use. It's your faith He is interested in; not semantics.

Actually, if you really want to get right down to it.....God could not care less about YOU, or your FAITH. God is interested in one thing....His Son Jesus Christ. If you care about His Son, then God will care about you. God doesn't need your faith, your money, your time, your body, your "heart", or your life.

Once again, God cares about His Son primarily. So if you love His Son, then God will love you. Period. As for the Bible that you said God doesn't care about....well, you don't know God very well I am afraid. Read Ps 138:2. God magnified His WORDS (The Holy Bible) above even the name of His Son Jesus Christ. SO yes....what Bible you use is VERY important. Probably the second most important thing you do in your whole life....outside of accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior from Sin and Hell.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indenu
Firstly, I'd like to say if there is another thread like this, feel free to delete or whatever the Moderators like to do.

The NKJV ( New King James Version ) which is showned above is the ancient symbol for the pagan trinity, not the Christian Trinity. Use of number symbols ( like this 666 ) can be traced back to Pythagoras ( 582 B.C ), initiate into the Egyptian mysteries. The symbol was popularized again by satanist Aleister Crowley ( circa 1900 ) for the royal Arch ( Lucifer) for the 3rd degree of the York Order of Masonry the arms and feet, while repeating the names of the ancient pagan trinity. The NKJV's symbol can be seen on satanic rock group albums like Led Zepplin, as well as on New Age bestsellers like The Aquarian Conspiracy.Remember Acts 17:29 "[W]e ought not to think that the Godhead is like (anything)... graven by art..."

King James works for me. But isn't better to discern your own truth than what people lead you to believe?

I always preferred my own interpretation versus anyone else's? Still comes down to your own beliefs and thoughts...not a Church..Government or any single person? Your own judgement should dictate were you go with your religious beliefs..not anyone or anyting else.
The NKJV ( New King James Version ) which is showned above is the ancient symbol for the pagan trinity, not the Christian Trinity. Use of number symbols ( like this 666 ) can be traced back to Pythagoras ( 582 B.C ), initiate into the Egyptian mysteries. The symbol was popularized again by satanist Aleister Crowley ( circa 1900 ) for the royal Arch ( Lucifer) for the 3rd degree of the York Order of Masonry the arms and feet, while repeating the names of the ancient pagan trinity. The NKJV's symbol can be seen on satanic rock group albums like Led Zepplin, as well as on New Age bestsellers like The Aquarian Conspiracy.Remember Acts 17:29 "[W]e ought not to think that the Godhead is like (anything)... graven by art..."

King James works for me. But isn't better to discern your own truth than what people lead you to believe?

I always preferred my own interpretation versus anyone else's? Still comes down to your own beliefs and thoughts...not a Church..Government or any single person? Your own judgement should dictate were you go with your religious beliefs..not anyone or anyting else.

edit on 1/19/2012 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't really read bible stuff.

I mostly just follow my heart.

edit on 19-1-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
I don't really read bible stuff.

I mostly just follow my heart.

edit on 19-1-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

Fair enough

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

It has been said that history does change because the human heart does not change. Also, the Bible describes the human heart as "desperately wicked." If you follow your heart, I trust that it is an exceptionally good one.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The differences between the three Christian groups, the Orthodox,
the Protestants and the Catholics will be resolved "soon." Prophecy
has been saying that as long as I've been reading it.

We are closer every day to this prophecy being fulfilled.

Forget the modern translations, they've been changed, added to and taken away from both the Protestant and Catholic. Read the Douay-Rheims Bible, it is the English translation of the first Bible, the Latin Vulgate.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

I appreciate this post. I consider myself a Christian, but that is not an easy statement to make considering the negitive reactions I normally get from people online.
I question many things. I believe it is foolish not to.We live on a planet which is perverted by its occupants.

It is interesting to me to find this because I have a personal experience tied to this symbol and its ties to the occult. I am in my mid-30's and when I was around 20 I was an experimental spiritualist (for lack of a better description). I have always believed in God, and Jesus as the Son of God but I was searching for a deeper truth at this time in my life. I was fairly fluent in wicca and remember seeing a church next to the college I was attending, and on this brick church was this "trinity" symbol. It frightened me very much and if someone told me this was a church (that was the last thing I imagined this insitution to be) I would have not believed it. I think at some point I even thought it was a Satanic Church. I had not spoken to anyone about it for months. When I finally did I found out it was a completely socially accepted "normal church". This frightened me the most. After time went by I seen Bibles with this symbol, people I actually knew had these Bibles. I knew this symbol was something they never questioned, probably never gave a second thought to. I had no desire to open one of them so I am glad someone can share with me their contents. Again, Thank you. Btw I am weary of all symbols. I don't trust them.
I

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Indenu

Good job bud, keep up the good work. The new bible perversions are not worth the paper they are printed on. Glad to see others know this fact as well
S&F

Read in my post on Bible answers found in my signature for more Bible version discussion.

That may be the stupidest thread I have ever seen on ATS. You answer questions by either a) asking questions back, b) writing vague responses, or c) ignoring. FYI: claiming proof by quoting the source of very book that brings a question in the first place is NOT proof in any sense of the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join