It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 People Who Gained Amazing Skills from Brain Injuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
www.fourwinds10.net...

Came across this interesting write up and wanted to share with the group. I have heard of people with severe head trauma begin to see things or do things others could not do. Be interesting to hear what everyone thinks about this or may even know someone who experienced something similar to these stories.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Kim Peek. The man who rain man was based on was born with part of his brain pushing into another part of his brain, and he became quite a genius. You should check his story out!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I like number 3's way of thinking...

He’s still got a ways to go before achieving his ultimate goal: Buying the government and having them dissolved. In acid.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
They stole this from cracked: www.cracked.com...

The Cracked article is from November 29 2011

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by solarstorm

I like number 3's way of thinking...

He’s still got a ways to go before achieving his ultimate goal: Buying the government and having them dissolved. In acid.

I 4got to mention ever since that........ I do not get sick at all and i've been in all types of weather conditions. its nice

LOL crazy cause thats the way I've been thinking...

I suffer from a traumatic brain injury with physical conditions and some mentally, ever since what happened to me i've been more aware and see life in a different view.....I regret the conditions that I have but what i've gain some little good things from it

its very interesting that I see this thread and from first hand experience, these things do changes people.... some in a good way and some in a bad way...
edit on 2-1-2012 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

He was reading before age 2. Frickin incredible.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
While reading this I found myself wondering where the damage in their brains where mostly occurring. I noticed in one story it said that the human brain will actually rewire itself away from accessing the injured part of the brain. That is truly incredible. The man who was struck by lightning and became a piano genius and the man who was beaten into a math/fractal artist where the stories I enjoyed the most.

edit on 2/1/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: center damm*t, why won't you center. )

edit on 2/1/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Great!

We need loonies to take us forward.

No inventor is normal.

Which is why I scream at parents medicating their difficult kids.

The world needs them!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
While reading this I found myself wondering where the damage in their brains where mostly occurring. I noticed in one story it said that the human brain will actually rewire itself away from accessing the injured part of the brain. That is truly incredible.

That is called neuroplasticity and I have seen it actually happen over time with stroke and brain injury patients. Very cool thing to see people progress with the correct type of rehab.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I noticed in one story it said that the human brain will actually rewire itself away from accessing the injured part of the brain..

that was just the doctors nice way of saying that he hasn't got a clue to what the f-ck happened to him.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hi solarstorm
Its amazing to know all that well it is some kind of miracle happen to those people.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
They stole this from cracked: www.cracked.com...

The Cracked article is from November 29 2011

In fairness, they did attribute it to author/site. However, when you see a list of 5, 6, 7, or 8 you can be guaranteed it started on cracked.com. that site is what I have been reading for the last month, as it is interesting AND funny.

new topics

top topics

join