It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Gotta Be Kidding Me: Occupier Faces Lynching Charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Kali74

[...] California Penal Code Section 405a:

The taking by means of a riot of any person from the lawful custody of any peace officer is a lynching.

Now, granted, that's not the commonly understood meaning for "lynching," but it seems like it would be appropriate here.

Would someone please explain to me what the commonly understood meaning for the term "riot" is in the US?
Because I think it means something different in the rest of the world.

reply to post by Kali74

Originally posted by Kali74
Chemical weapons failed.

What? I must have missed that... what was this about?
?
edit on 3-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It needs remembering that beat cops know jack about the laws they enforce. those far reaching charges are coming from the prosecutors and district attorneys and that on orders from higher still. No ordinary cop is SMART enough to manipulate an old statute so adroitly this is a response from the 1% who own the swine herds.At some point it will be realized these laws are all just degrees of "screw you people" and then the charges will be moot and the police made redundant by sheer numbers of those not willing to be so treated by "public servants"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The cops are really not holding back much anymore. The first time I was arrested as part of ows 15 other people and myself were locked in the back of a police van as well. Except we were only in there r 4 hours with no food or water, the oaklanders had to endure 8? I just hope some of them got steel cuffs and not those plastic abominations thats no joke people, serious psychological torture. (i apologize for spelling and grammar its real hard to type on a 3in screen)

Solidarity,
Jacktherer

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The last time I checked the PEOPLE paid for all those fancy buildings and nice sidewalks with their damn TAX DOLLARS. Anyone should be able to occupy a government building for as long as they damn well please. People should be allowed to congregate on side walks if they so choose. WE PAY FOR IT ALL TO BE BUILT, SERVICED and MAINTAINED!!!! The people need to start handing out pink slips.....

Oh and by the way... The Webster's Dictionary definition of the word lynch is: to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal sanction. Who did this woman hang???
edit on 3-1-2012 by DJDigitalGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I suggest that everyone email the Mayor of Oakland and express their displeasure with what's going on. The email address is [email protected]; I just sent my email!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Dear ColCurious,

I don't know how the rest of the United States defines "riot," but the California Penal Code Section 404 defines it thus:

(a) Any use of force or violence, disturbing the public peace,or any threat to use force or violence, if accompanied by immediate power of execution, by two or more persons acting together, and without authority of law, is a riot.

So, two or more persons acting together to disturb the peace, without authority, may be considered a riot.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I guess We should all go naked and with no jewelry - clothes and jewelry are "property," after all.

I hope these peaceful Citizens sue the F@$% out of the city!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Strange days..

An officer clearly states that they are arresting people for “having property in the plaza without a permiT

Do you neeed a permit now for having property? So every one with a yoga mat under their arm is a criminal ?

And nonviolent scenes are 'riots', keeping another person from being arrested is 'lynching'.

The real lynching was the killing of unarmed, handcuffed Oscar Grant.
An this was, surprise surprise only 'involuntary manslaughter' and the killercop is already out of prison again..

Sometimes i feel like i am in bizzaro world.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

That's a reference to the use of tear gas and pepper spray.

Thanks for the replies everyone, and yes it's beyond time to be outraged. Please just remember that being outraged is not justification for violence or stereotyping.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

And nonviolent scenes are 'riots', keeping another person from being arrested is 'lynching'.

Well when pizza is a vegetable...

Welcome to 1984, folks. Hope you enjoy your stay,

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

I suggest that everyone email the Mayor of Oakland and express their displeasure with what's going on. The email address is [email protected]; I just sent my email!

Don't bother. The Mayor isn't in charge of this and hasn't been entirely in control for weeks. This isn't any theory, it's been pretty openly reported with regard to Federal coordination out of Incident Coordination Centers in D.C.. I'm sure the cities maintain some discretion in Occupy matters...but I don't believe they have anything like full control if they'd like to continue seeing Federal help in any other area a city or police department needs these days.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Correcting Quote

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Wow... really?
According to this terminology there are riots in almost every city almost every day here in Germany.
Most riots involve heavy chemical warfare and sometimes even lynching... and I didn't even notice.
edit on 4-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyrc07
It is disguisting what these police officers will do for a paycheck, they are allowing themselves to be used as a instrument... Not even thinking that it could their family and friends in those crowds.

My view on the whole Occupy movement is that the reasons and views of the people are just and they are only trying to ensure America stays with its values of LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL, and the equal opportunity to feed and shelter you and your family... they are not saying we all want to drive BMW's, Drink the finest wines... we just want to afford a desent home, car and education for or children...
With that said i do believe the movement is being ran the wrong way, It needs a voice... every national media channel describes what they stand for differently just to dumb down the actuall agenda. There has never been a movement that lasted and actually acomplished anything Nationwide without major riots, panic, death's.

The last note: The movement is being suppurted by the same Big Bussiness's that have us in this situation and as long as that last nothing will be accomplished... I TRUELY BELIEVE THE ARE SHIFTING THE HATE AND ATTENTION TOWARDS THE POLICE TO BE ABLE TO IMPLIMENT NATIONWIDE MARTIAL LAW... If the police keep allowing themselves to be used, and abusing their power there will be riots, police and citizens hurt and killed... then in comes BIG BROTHER THE GOOD OLD US GOVERNMENT.

Actually no. All TPTB have to do is keep on pushing cops to act more outrageous and more criminal and the various state Governors via state legislatures can declare martial law to deal with "Police Insurrection".

As these "officers of the peace" are willfully violating the rule of law. Engaging in wanton violence, molestation and unlawful deprivation of peoples freedom.

You have to remember that Obama wants a "national police force". What better way to get that then pumping the local police with money, psychos and false promises. Then at a later date declare martial law and put them all before a firing squad for insurrection.

In fact, we should call all instances of police officers acting without lawful authority "Police Insurrections", instead of "Police brutality". Because that is what they are doing. They are revolting against the rule of law.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

yick the indoctrination of the innocents. Sickens me to the stomach.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

Originally posted by svetlana84

Well when pizza is a vegetable...

Welcome to 1984, folks. Hope you enjoy your stay,

sheesh they need to learn their food groups. Tomato is a fruit!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join