It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journey Through an NDE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i love your idea of becoming a hermit . no more putting up with the mindless wanderings of the human race and their so called intelligence ,my personal observations . yea i know death changes us all especially when we are dragged back here kicking and screaming all the way because i didn`t want to come back here. but the knowledge and wisdom we all gained on the other side is quite phenomenal i crossed over in the 70`s due to a drunk driver in a car and me on my bike.3 times in the course of 3 days each time was 15 minutes .
the physic side of our selves also grows in huge leaps and bounds .
i came back being very hard and cynical of the human race ,unfeeling and unmoving ,as what they are doing is wrong and yet the whole of our species can`t see what they have done wrong as someone else will fix it for them or so they believe ,that will never happen ! we as a species are doomed to fail if we don`t smarten up and change everything that we believe in .& what we are doing.
it has been damn near 35 years since i left and i am still trying to unravel it all as the wisdom and knowledge was so much and so fast and intense that it is like circuit overload,let it cool down and restart it slowly .

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Thank you very much Valentine for your thoughts on motion sickness and NDEs.

For those who attribute the NDE to '___', I encourage you to watch the BBC documentary The Day I Died.

www.youtube.com...

The documentary explores both explanations.

From my perspective, it's a little tricky to explain away a blind woman who can see during the NDE's OBE phase, or a clinically dead woman undergoing brain surgery who can accurately describe the surgical instruments used, also during the NDE's OBE phase.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't know how I could have possibly missed this wonderful thread! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I especially enjoyed the pictures you posted, to give us more of an understanding of what you were seeing.

I wonder, have you - or have you considered - sharing your story with the Near Death Experience Research Foundation? (NDERF)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Given the story you tell is your genuine experience, I don't doubt your experience was spiritual. I've read several variations of these kinds of NDEs where someone engages with a higher being who they cannot identify as being either God or Satan or any other spirit being such as an angel or demon or whatever.

Just a question, at the moment this entity dropped those final few words to you ("You cannot return to where you were if you stay") do you feel you were confronted with a decision to either remain or return to your body and that this decision would be one that, should you have chosen to remain, would of sealed your eternal destination?

I note you said you were raised in a Christian household. Are you open to God being a very real entity? Now that you have on two occasions encountered a spiritual dimension, does it occur to you that humans are beings that have souls and that souls are a creation of God?

I'm just considering what may have happened to you (as others who report similar experiences) had you decided to remain in the position you were at during your NDE. As I read through your detailed experience, it appears to me you had very limited, if any, control of your directions, travels and destinations. It appears the environments you encountered were being created as you were thrust through spiritual dimensions. Though the environments had idyllic beauty to them, it appears there were surprises along the way. I just wonder what kind of surprise you may have encountered next should you had chosen to remain, rather than return to your body. I just wonder out of curiosity if these encounters could form part of a spiritual deception until one has chosen not to return before confronting one's true spiritual and eternal condition after death.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

those of us who have crossed over and returned usually take a very altered point of view as to the world we live in and how we think and what we believe in faith and everything that we were brought up to believe in. there are certain words most of us either do not use anymore or we no longer believe in them as we once did.
example;DEATH -DEAD DYING- most of us no longer accept these words to be what we were taught as to their meanings.most of us say i died and i went over to this place and i saw this and i was told this and i was shown these things -. the key word is [I]................I WAS NOT DEAD I WAS GONE FROM HERE.I REMEMBER ALL OF THIS. these 3- d words should be removed from all languages from this world.
I was still very much alive but i was not physical i was light as air is the best way to describe it for those who have never gone HOME is the word most of us use to describe it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I too, want to thank you for sharing. I've researched these for years and this is one of the most beautiful accounts I've read.

I am such an oddball christian - where others want to talk about doom & gloom or how something should be interpreted, I tend to focus on the love of God, which is proven through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I have looked high and low to find someone, anyone who has experienced what I have and what you have wrote is the closest by far.

I always try and talk about the high mysteries of God, but can't seem to find people who understand or even want to know/learn.. Everything is there in your experience even down to the infinty symbol (it's biblical if you kow what you are looking for)..... the difference is you had to die to learn it and I learned in the flesh.

My question is:

Had you experienced in the flesh, every cell in your body exploding in ecstacy, would you have been able to stand while experiencing it or would you have fallen face down like accounts in the bible?
edit on 6-1-2012 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

I don't know how I could have possibly missed this wonderful thread! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I especially enjoyed the pictures you posted, to give us more of an understanding of what you were seeing.

I wonder, have you - or have you considered - sharing your story with the Near Death Experience Research Foundation? (NDERF)

I have reported it. Thank you for mentioning this site, it's incredible!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct[/i\]
My question is:

Had you experienced in the flesh, every cell in your body exploding in ecstacy, would you have been able to stand while experiencing it or would you have fallen face down like accounts in the bible?
edit on 6-1-2012 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

There is no way one could stand while experiencing that level of ecstacy. There was even a distinct feeling of falling during my experience...which account in the Bible are you speaking of? Just curious

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

When I experienced my baptism of fire and spirit (home alone), it was pure ecstacy and I wasn't able to stand. I fell face down and close to an hour passed before I could get up. So, I looked for other accounts in the Bible of people falling face down - it's usually when they are in the presence of the Lord. Daniel hit the ground, John in Revelations, Paul on the road to Damascus. It usually says something along the lines of "I fell at his feet as if dead."

Again beautiful telling of your story!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Great story! I was linked to it by another ATS member who posted in one of my threads. I did not die, but my experience to some degree (at least the part you describe about the "8" or infinity) is extremely similar. I was especially shocked at your description of life beginning on one end and ending on the other. That's exactly what I saw as well. You can read about it here and tell me if anything I wrote sounds familiar to you at all. Would be great to compare notes on it. Secrets of our Existence and Universe Unraveled I've been somewhat obsessed with this subject ever since the experience, because it made me see some things I never really considered about the Universe and life in general.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Great story! I was linked to it by another ATS member who posted in one of my threads. I did not die, but my experience to some degree (at least the part you describe about the "8" or infinity) is extremely similar. I was especially shocked at your description of life beginning on one end and ending on the other. That's exactly what I saw as well. You can read about it here and tell me if anything I wrote sounds familiar to you at all. Would be great to compare notes on it. Secrets of our Existence and Universe Unraveled I've been somewhat obsessed with this subject ever since the experience, because it made me see some things I never really considered about the Universe and life in general.

I really enjoyed reading your thread!! There are a lot of similarities indeed, I have to say, I was shocked
. I loved the illustration you have of the infinity symbol, it brings back warm memories of my experience. I also experienced a lot of 2-D existence in my experience. I seemed to shift back and forth from 2-d to 3-d. It felt entirely natural to "be" 2-D.

I felt myself slowly being separated from the room I was in. It was as if I had been a two-dimensional being all my life, and suddenly I had stepped off the screen into a more three-dimensional space.

I definitely experienced this exact thing, I could not figure out how to explain that properly but you did an incredible job. I try to explain this to close friends that know about my experience, and I tend to lose them at "Imagine yourself as a sheet of paper"

I wonder, are you more right brained or left? Do you see things artistically or scientifically? I am trying to wrap my head around why these experiences are so similar, yet very different. The image you posted in your post took me right back to my experience, yet that is not -exactly- what I saw. Very close.

Could it be that when we return to "the movie" (which I like to call life) that we are only able to describe the experience we had with whatever unique vision we (little portions of the whole) are privy to?

I also wonder if you experienced some feeling of "KNOWING". More so than what you have written, that you just can't put your finger on since you returned? I feel this and it drives me crazy. There is a piece to this puzzle I was shown but have forgotten. Maybe that piece is what keeps our fake little movie world a reality for us? I'm rambling...hope that makes sense.

I absolutely knew that God was All and All are God. One whole. Every single molecule...it's God. I explained this to everyone I knew at the time, one really great friend finally said "That sounds like Pantheism" and I was relieved to find a "religion" that so much mirrored my experience and the lessons learned from it.

Pantheism Wikipedia

Pantheism is the view that the Universe (Nature) and God (or divinity) are identical.[1] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal, anthropomorphic or creator god. The word derives from the Greek (pan) meaning "all" and the Greek (theos) meaning "God". As such, Pantheism denotes the idea that "God" is best seen as a process of relating to the Universe.[2] Although there are divergences within Pantheism, the central ideas found in almost all versions are the Cosmos as an all-encompassing unity and the sacredness of Nature.

It's interesting reading.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wow, VW, that was beautifully depicted...and with images, yet. Loved it. I had an OBE years ago, but it was not very long...and I did not really want to come back but did.

That is not the reason I'm writing, though.

The swirling double loops pictured at the end are actually linked to the double loops of the number 8 and is otherwise known as the Lemniscate...or, the symbol of eternity/infinity. Its link to the number 8 is obvious, but few even know of this aspect: the number 8 is all about the material or Earth plane (lower loop -- which is usually larger than the upper, especially in old text), while the upper refers to the unseen, spiritual realms.

The lesson of the 8 (which is traditionally about control, success and materialism) is to achieve balance between the two 'worlds'...once this is achieved (or, should I say 'if'), true success is attained, for knowledge of the temporary nature of this 'reality' is understood and compassion for all (love) allows all that is good to flow to you, unrestricted.

I find this symbol appearing for you most intriguing...it connects quite well to the 'images' of your life playing on an on-going loop of film...

Namaste.
GI

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

I really enjoyed reading your thread!! There are a lot of similarities indeed, I have to say, I was shocked
. I loved the illustration you have of the infinity symbol, it brings back warm memories of my experience. I also experienced a lot of 2-D existence in my experience. I seemed to shift back and forth from 2-d to 3-d. It felt entirely natural to "be" 2-D.

It's weird, isn't it??? There is no way in the world to describe what that looks and feels like. It has to be experienced. It's looking at the world like you've never seen it before. Trying to imagine it is practically impossible, because it is not part of the every day (or even occasional) human experience.

I felt myself slowly being separated from the room I was in. It was as if I had been a two-dimensional being all my life, and suddenly I had stepped off the screen into a more three-dimensional space.

I definitely experienced this exact thing, I could not figure out how to explain that properly but you did an incredible job. I try to explain this to close friends that know about my experience, and I tend to lose them at "Imagine yourself as a sheet of paper"

It is frustrating to try to make someone understand who hasn't seen or experienced it. I'm glad you were able to appreciate my description. I didn't know how else to say it, but I too received some looks from people when I described it.

I wonder, are you more right brained or left? Do you see things artistically or scientifically? I am trying to wrap my head around why these experiences are so similar, yet very different. The image you posted in your post took me right back to my experience, yet that is not -exactly- what I saw. Very close.

I'm the artistic sort. Very visual.

Could it be that when we return to "the movie" (which I like to call life) that we are only able to describe the experience we had with whatever unique vision we (little portions of the whole) are privy to?

I think you may be partially right about that. I think that the information we get is the same, but the way it is presented to us is unique to our individual understanding. That way it is ensured that we all get the same message and as little as possible is misinterpreted by the viewer. It would make sense. If you show a picture of an apple to a million people and ask them to interpret it as a symbol, you're probably going to get many different answers. But.... if you give a million people the description of a message, they will find a million different ways to imagine/visualize that message. I don't know, my analogy is probably all screwed up, but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to get at.

I also wonder if you experienced some feeling of "KNOWING". More so than what you have written, that you just can't put your finger on since you returned? I feel this and it drives me crazy. There is a piece to this puzzle I was shown but have forgotten. Maybe that piece is what keeps our fake little movie world a reality for us? I'm rambling...hope that makes sense.

That's a good way to put it. I think that while we have this feeling of "knowing", doubt is probably there for a good reason once we come back. Sometimes I feel like I should spread the word around, but on the other hand I feel like I should keep it to myself in fear of confusing people.

I think many religions came from this confusion. I can't prove it by any means, but it seems like certain religions started when people had these experiences and tried to convey them to others. People who have never experienced it will try to understand as best as they can, but while you can give them descriptions and messages from this other world, they will never be able to FEEL that "knowing" until it's their time. They won't understand it the way it was meant to be understood. It's just a philosophy to them. It's like trying to describe the feeling of being in love to someone who's never been in love. You can say "well, it feels like you have butterflies in your stomach" and they'll just stare at you clueless, trying to imagine what that might be like. You also can't force yourself to feel it. It really is just a "KNOWING".... a strong/overwhelming feeling. Some people don't give much credit to feelings as evidence, but this knowing is a feeling on major steroids. When you're there, it's just a matter of FACT.

I absolutely knew that God was All and All are God. One whole. Every single molecule...it's God. I explained this to everyone I knew at the time, one really great friend finally said "That sounds like Pantheism" and I was relieved to find a "religion" that so much mirrored my experience and the lessons learned from it.

It's interesting reading.

Interesting about the pantheism! I'll look into that.
edit on 9-1-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Fantastic thread! Thanks for sharing. I am fascinated by NDE's thanks largely to this article:

www.ufoskeptic.org...

This case study parallels NDE's & UFO with science's inability to explain or accept these theories. It is a very scholarly & entertaining case study explaining multiple NDE's. Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks! Cant wait to read

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Great thread. BTW, here is a remarkable experience of a good friend of mine who was healed of stage 4 cancer resulting from her NDE..
anitamoorjani.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

This was very interesting to me. I have been studying metaphysical phenomenon like our souls and free will ever since I experienced a darkness purer than the blackest black that lasted for more than a year. I have discovered through my scientific research that we do, in fact, have free will and that we do, in fact, have a soul.

One other thing I have discovered in my research is the existence of super-space... a reality outside of our current one, where one could see a lifespan just as you described, and go to any point of it, just as you described.

In Hindu lore, Krishna tells Arjuna of the human condition. He says that every soul on earth, whether or not that soul remembers it, desires something that is impossible to manifest. This one desire acts as a fuel for all desires - every soul desires to be one with Krishna, even while remaining in the illusion we call life!

Clearly, no soul is capable of taking on this role, so to accommodate them, Krishna gives every sentient form the ability to focus and defocus possibility. Recognizing that each one will eventually see the futility inherent in this illusion of control, Krishna nevertheless allows each one to die and reincarnate over and over again, enabling the illusion to persist as long as each being remains enchanted by it.

Just today, I received a private message from an individual who had been impressed by my metaphysical knowledge in threads he had been reading. He wanted to know what happened in the afterlife. I told him that I had scientific proof of our soul, and of free will, but could only guess that the afterlife either had something to do with reincarnation, a spiritual space outside of the physical existence, or both.

Is it coincidence that we met today and that I read this thread of yours? I am leaning towards no. What you are describing actually fits into my model of our existence quite beautifully. On the surface, it answers some questions - although our soul is eternal, do we reincarnate as the same person over and over again, or assume different lives?

The most important thing it does, however, is give me a clear conceptual model of super-space, a life timeline and the choice we must make after we die.

For that, I thank you.
edit on 22-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

valentine you will find that your psychic ability`s will begin to manifest themselves as will your other senses they will heighten immensely .you will become incredibly aware of the area around you .if you were send back or brought back from the other side as they call it ,we call it going home you were probably shown or told a lot more than you have said here so keep it to yourself until you begin to unravel and understand what truly went on .the wisdom and knowledge given to us is very immense and it takes time to come to grips with it ,as for me it was 1975 and i`m still learning to get a grip on it all .
you will find that most of us do not remain in the churches of the world when we come back,as their doctrine is false and we all know this instinctively we all wander of into all other faiths believe systems even other religions so that we can better understand our own selves on levels most of the human race will never reach nor will they obtain,as their minds are as closed to what you will begin to understand as the cosmic truths & laws which really have nothing to do with us the human race and yet it is far more important to the survival of our species as a whole.
we are being send back to help as new world leaders or those who work behind the scenes ,not to destroy anything but the begin to initiate changes and corrections before it is to late for us as a species ,we don`t have much time before the damage we are doing is irreversible ,but there is time so take your time . p.s. we don`t mark time by the clock anymore .enjoy the journey of self and those who are needed to help you will be there when you need them .

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I haven't even finished your first post OP but I had to tell you that I just love the way you describe such an indescribable event. I enjoy reading many nde's and you are really good at putting it in terms that I kind of understand. Great post, thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I still get the chills when I read about others accounts and how they parallel mine .. THX !

Do you get to talk to other NDEr's much ?

My NDE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join