It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if there was a pill...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
that made you not desire human intimacy? not that it made you a robot...you could still have friends and have fun.

but that pit in the heart that makes you feel alone...like you need love...like you need a "mate"...what if there was a pill that made that go away? what if there was a pill that made you content and happy with being alone?

you could still have a sex life...still have friends...still live a normal life...you just wouldn't feel the need for a mate.

would you take it?
edit on 1/2/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've already taken it, its called divorce.

2nd for fun.

Regards,
W.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't even think of taking it, and this is coming from a person who has horrible luck in that department. Why wouldn't I then? because if i did take that pill and it made me miss a chance for a short time of happiness with someone (or long term, but luck is more along the short end of it lol) id regret missing that chance, however long it may of lasted. because through all the pain being single causes, sometimes memories are just enough to get by on, least in my experience...

Edit: damn that sounds pathetic now that i typed it out haha oh well....
edit on 2-1-2012 by roaland because: add

edit on 2-1-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How's that saying go? Better to love and lose, then to never have loved?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
if you don't have the desire for a mate why would you have the desire for sex, doesn't make sense to me honestly
it sounds like you wanna have your cake and eat it to .

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
if you don't have the desire for a mate why would you have the desire for sex, doesn't make sense to me honestly
it sounds like you wanna have your cake and eat it to .

This has happened to me, and is still the case today. I do not have the a strong desire for a mate
and finding one is not my most important objective as of now. Yet, I still desire the feeling of sex. Why?
Because sex is one of the most basic human instincts.
edit on 1/2/2012 by UnholyBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I have taken such a pill,it's called being a teenager with raging testosterone.
Ah,those were the days,partying all the time,having sex with as many women I could with no attachment.
Friends with benefits.
Booty calls.
My heart was full with experiencing life,no need to share it with someone on a permanent basis.
Not until later in life,a wife and kids.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
nope, having a mate is just too much fun to pass up on

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
I've already taken it, its called divorce.

2nd for fun.

Regards,
W.

Same here. You took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well a Mate isn't necessarily to find your purpose, and most now a days only have sex lifes and are forever single

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Ha Ha Ha...

There is a pill for everything.

Seriously, there is a pill to make a girlfriend cheat on her boyfriend...There surely is a pill for what you want.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am a walking drain of energy. Constantly, every day, love is bottled up in my soul and is taken from me. No matter how happy you are, if someone takes you love from your maliciously then you can't feel a happiness at the time they take it. When is the world going to figure out that love means happiness and that happiness is peace? When is the world going to learn that they are good things instead of arguing what good really is?

They are malicious. They crave to steal love from individuals. It pleases them to steal love from a person's soul. It makes them happy to put someone down. Thank you, for making me crazy. Thank you for making me feel that the world doesn't want me. It's not darn true.

So when my love is taken from me and my soul is filled with grief, how can I not want to be loved? How can I not need someone's touch from within my soul. If you are suggesting taking a pill that cancels out emotions, than you have been mistaken that mood stablizers are common, you are mistaken that people do not understand emotions and they don't understand psychology.

That is why the world is the way it is today. When I step out that door in 5 minutes I am going to be thinking to show the people out there that I am seperate, focused, and different. For one thing I am not scared to talk to them. I have to show you because too many people simply have it wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
We don't need a pill for this. This happens after you like someone for a really long time and they fall in love with someone else and they get a boyfriend and you have trouble accepting it. It is the feeling that makes your heart feel as if it is cursed with anguish. When you fall in love with someone again and you like someone else it feels really good but when all is said and done if it doesn't work out you're left crushed.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Without the desire for such intimacy, you'd never know the joy of those times when it DOES work.

new topics

top topics

join