It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Iowa Caucus Discussion Thread!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I didn't see a thread on this, so I decided I'd post it.

Use this thread to discuss all the latest developments in the Iowa Caucus for the rest of today and tomorrow. The latest poll has Ron Paul slightly leading but in a statistically tie with Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum. So, this could come down to turnout.

Here's hoping for a win for Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If I was voting in the Iowa caucus,
i'd be voting for Ron Paul.

One of the most intelligent, most pro-freedom candidate that is running
for president in the United States of America as of right now.

Although I have heard of Rick Santorum "surging" in the polls, I take that with a
grain of salt. This is most likely an attempt by the MSM at making Ron Paul
look less electable in my opinion.

As in, Hey, let's take someone who's polling behind like Ron Paul pick up pace a bit
and perhaps voters will think different and not be realize that Ron Paul is actually
doing much better than other candidates. Thus distracting that sources census
regarding Ron Paul's success and "electability".
[

edit on 1/2/2012 by UnholyBones because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/2/2012 by UnholyBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
whats this ive been hearing about how the vote counting is going to be done in an undisclosed secret location? If this is true... this has corruption written all over it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Wow Santorum is surging, what are these voters thinking?
They really want the guy that can´t even win an classroom argument with a student as president?

Can someone please explain why so much people suddenly jumped on his bandwagon?
edit on 2-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

Last word I heard was that it had been moved to Illinois because of some sit-in/disruption threat spawned - allegedly - of Anonymous.

I'd personally think having the police on call for any electoral disturbance and tallying in public with eyewitnesses to avoid allegations of vote fraud makes more sense, but come on, when has US politics ever let us down?

Right...?

edit on 1/2/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Sensible talk over at the Daily Paul pins it on him getting the former Gingrich and likely Bachmann supporters as per the apparent implosion of their campaigns due to negative advertising, and...well, Bachmann being her. The neoconservatives have to have a home in the anti-Romney vote, and everyone else already surged and crashed, so hey, why not Rick?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

About time you started this thread. I was hoping someone would.

I am amazed how the MSM is in a complete tizzy over the fact that Paul and Romney appear to be in a dead heat.

Thanks for giving the caucus a home thread...you done good

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Its going to be a close one between Paul, Romney, and Santorum. I think there's a small chance Gingrich may do a little bit better than expected, but thats still highly unlikely in my opinion. As for Perry and Bachmann...I think they're fighting to not finish last.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by NeoVain

Sensible talk over at the Daily Paul pins it on him getting the former Gingrich and likely Bachmann supporters as per the apparent implosion of their campaigns due to negative advertising, and...well, Bachmann being her. The neoconservatives have to have a home in the anti-Romney vote, and everyone else already surged and crashed, so hey, why not Rick?

Your post got me thinking. Is it just me, or does it seem like negative advertising (i.e. Romney did this and that) is having a negative effect this year? Like any time one politician runs an ad bashing another personally, it makes people dislike them?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I share an opinion similar to Mike Rivero...

edit on 2-1-2012 by ztruthseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Thanks, that would explain it i guess. Although it does not explain why they choose Rick Santorum over Ron Paul... I haven´t heard a good thing coming out of his mouth ever, searching youtube vids etc, anyone has a good one on this guy? He seems so stupid.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I've had the same kind of concerns for awhile now, but as long as the ads are researched, factual, and don't hit below the belt, they are (IMO) worth it and will do more good than harm to correct lack of information being presented to the people on records as compared to claims from the various candidates.

EDIT:
Speaking of attack ads, the Perry campaign was kind enough to recently put this one out on Mr. Santorum:

edit on 1/2/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Gotcha. It sorta helps to narrow down the candidates. Although, it can get incredibly annoying after a while.
edit on 2-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Thanks, that would explain it i guess. Although it does not explain why they choose Rick Santorum over Ron Paul... I haven´t heard a good thing coming out of his mouth ever, searching youtube vids etc, anyone has a good one on this guy? He seems so stupid.

Believe it or not...some people will vote for Santorum just because he younger than Ron Paul. He looks electable to them.

Sad but true....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

*ahem*

The neoconservatives have to have a home in the anti-Romney vote...

I won't speak ill of them because they've just bought a narrative they were sold in fear, but without more non-MSM education on their own parts, these are likely people who would not have supported Paul anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Agreed, friend. If we could see some more (actually) fair & balanced coverage from the media, I don't think it would be at all necessary. As far as fair & balanced coverage, can I recommend our good friend Ben Swann's segments on youtube?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Also, according to the latest Des Moines Register poll, 41 percent of voters are still "undecided". Im guessing a good chunk of the votes are going to be decided when the surrogates gives their speeches at the caucuses tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I was wondering the same thing. Apparently he's energized the evangelical voters and the Duggars (of "19 and counting" reality tv show (they're expecting their 20th child)) are or have come in to stump for him.

Gallup says this is the most volatile primary ever because of the large and ever-changing landscape of candidates. Now Donald Trump says he's ready to run, too.

Take a look at the Gallup Poll, which shows the trends there. Santorum took an upswing right at Christmas (when some of the politicians went home for the holidays.) Newt's fall has been dramatic. They don't have the current figures, but the trends are interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Its called media hype. I watched an ABC news piece titled "The Frontrunner" And then they interviewed Romney and talked about Sanatorium and finally Ron Paul. They were telling people Romney was the front runner and barely talked abut Ron Paul. I was actually surprised they even talked about Ron Paul. However in the interview with Romney he refused to say he was the front runner and said there are 3 of us that are within spitting distance of each other.

I hate to burst everyones bubble but it is likely they will steal this from Ron Paul. People are still very influenced by media and then there is of course fraud etc. I sincerely hope I am wrong though....

join