It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Pardon my lack of knowledge

page: 1

log in


posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
What are the steps to move to another country from start to finish? Be specific if you can.

Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
Where are you located now? Where do you want to go? I'm sure the policies differ from country to country it would help someone be able to help.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
I suppose it depends on the country you want to emigrate to. I would do internet research. I would also start by taking a vacation to that country, which requires a passport, and then decide first-hand if it was worth it. Some countries do not welcome immigrants unless they already are somewhat self-sufficient, because, unlike America, other countries prefer to keep what few jobs they have for their own citizens. If you have money, you can emigrate to anywhere.

If you're poor and plan on working in that country, better do your research first. You may not be welcome.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
in some countries if you arrive illegally on the back of a lorry, theyll give you a house and free money.
might be worth a try.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
reply to post by WarJohn

specific answers require specific countries of origin and destination , plus your citizen ship and many other details [ many countries evaluate you assets and professional qualifications ]

the generic answer :

select your destination country

obtain residency permit / green card /work permit / indefinate leave to stay [ as a foreign citizen ] or become a naturalised citizen of your destination country

buy or lease somewhere to live in the destination country

liquidate any assets you do not want to leave in the country you are departing and transfer them & the belongings you wish to take with you to the destination country



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
First you have to tell us where your from and what country you want to go to?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:26 PM
reply to post by lacrimosa

where ? i want a house and free money

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
reply to post by WarJohn


the shortest distance between two points is a geodesic, just go there.

if you have to ask permission though,
i imagine its much more complicated
edit on 2-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: two

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
If you've got money, or can make money online or otherwise out of the country, you are welcome anywhere. If you go PT or Permanent Tourist it is the way to go. Everyone loves tourists, they treat them better than their own citizens.

I would recommend living on a boat, PT. It's the life.

Check this out:
edit on 2-1-2012 by CaptChaos because: add link

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
reply to post by WarJohn

i have an idea for you

why don't you start with wwoofing in a country.

there is an age limit though i believe. usually people go for a one year working visa which can be extended by an other year. the wwoof organisation will explain and help.

and after two years.......... who knows............. you'll be much wiser in matters of migrating anyway

top topics


log in