It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungarians protest en masse against new constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hungarians protest en masse against new constitution

BUDAPEST — Tens of thousands protested Monday against Hungary’s new constitution, which critics say curbs democracy, while the governing centre-right government celebrated the new law at a gala event.

The demonstration entitled: “There will be a Republic again”, was organised by civil groups which claimed nearly 100,000 people gathered on one of Budapest’s main avenues.

Critics say the new constitution, which entered into force on January 1, curbs constitutional court powers, threatens media pluralism and ends judicial independence.

More democracy and human rights being taken away in the new year, even more blatant that our own Pres. and supporting gov.
2012 is looking like the time for global revolution hopefully this stays peaceful but if things keep going on the same path as Libya and now Syria I fear more blood will be spilled.

2011 was only setting the stage now the actors are taking to the stage and going through their script are we all paying attention?

D-Day is here - 70 unions protest against the Hungarian goverment

this ATS thread by belsoember is informative and shows that from the start the people did not like what was going on in their country and rightly so look what is happening now.

The “Fundamental Law”, which renames “the Republic of Hungary” to simply “Hungary”, was adopted in April thanks to a two-thirds parliamentary majority that enables Orban’s government to change legislation at will.

like the thread says D-day is here not only for Hungary but the world. lets come together as people, Brothers and Sisters peacefully to make a change and gain a true freedom without control from the so called 1%
Eerily similar to Obama/Gov. and their growing power over the U.S. and the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
don't know too much about the situation, but I do like the jobbik party the more I hear about it.

join