It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human remains found at Queen's winter retreat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Update:

Police treating discovery of body on Queen's estate as murder

LONDON—British police say they are treating discovery of body on Queen's estate as murder.

The human remains on the Sandringham estate, a vast area in rural Norfolk where the royal family retreats for the holiday season, are from a single body, according to police.

Norfolk police will give more details later Tuesday about the remains, which were discovered by a member of the public on New Year’s Day in a woodland at Anmer, a tiny village 185 kilometres northeast of London.

Police have sealed off the area and are carrying out a search.

It's lunch time over there, perhaps we will hear the police announcement soon. Expect it to say that the royals had nothing to do with it. That will be their primary objective, whether it's true or not.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The human remains on the Sandringham estate, a vast area in rural Norfolk where the royal family retreats for the holiday season, are from a single body, according to police.

So we can assume the remains are in pieces? Interested to see how long it's been there.

At least they didn't take 6 months to declare they found this body!

edit on 3/1/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

We might actually have a worthy news story on our hands after all. Kind of makes me glad I took the day off and decided to work from home.

Gotta love a reptilian royal blood drinking scandal

BRB getting popcorn.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Another update, kind of.

More: Police are checking cold case records in an effort to identify the woman's body found on New Year's Day - Sky News

www.breakingnews.com...

It only makes sense that they do this, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Werewolves Of London?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
"A member of the public"....???
What is that suppose to infer? A non-blue blood servant?

The public doesn't have access to this property.

The public most certainly do have access to most of this land. My sister and her 3 boys live in the Sandringham estate village of West Newton. I too, when visiting, accompany her on pooch walks on Sandringham house grounds, as do many other villagers. The area is crisscrossed by many small roads and walking trails, as well as several small to medium sized villages.

And why is this being made public?

Why not. A body / remains are found on land owned by the Royal family does not imply anything at all. If a body were found on council owned land, would we all then assume that the local councilors must be held to account?

This sounds real freaky. I mean, above and beyond freaky even for Royalty. Something doesn't sound kosher.

Again, why is this freaky? Unless of course ol' Phil was out shooting peasants.... I mean, pheasants!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Anmer Village

The road running across the middle is Kings Avenue where the body was found - presumably amongst the trees either on the north side of the lane or towards the east, nearer the village, around field barn.

Anyway, a typical small English hamlet.

(Just for anyone who was interested)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Expect it to say that the royals had nothing to do with it. That will be their primary objective, whether it's true or not.

I think it's read that the Royals had nothing to do with it

But let me ask you: if a dead body were discovered in woodland 2 miles from your house, would we be right to initially assume you were resonsible and that it proved you were a blood sucking space alien?

Think about it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Expect it to say that the royals had nothing to do with it. That will be their primary objective, whether it's true or not.

I think it's read that the Royals had nothing to do with it

But let me ask you: if a dead body were discovered in woodland 2 miles from your house, would we be right to initially assume you were resonsible and that it proved you were a blood sucking space alien?

Think about it

It's actually happened.

It was the butler though

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
"A member of the public"....???
What is that suppose to infer? A non-blue blood servant?

The public doesn't have access to this property.

Yes, they do!

There are thousands of roads, paths and rambling stretches through this land, it's massive. Just because it is called a royal estate doesn't mean there's barbed wire and electric fences around it. We don't generally do things like that in the UK.

As the report states, a lot of the land is rented out and used. It's not kept for Royal use and "servant lodgings". This isn't the 18th Century here.

My guess is they'll be looking through the missing persons reports for that area. Perhaps this was a farmer who went missing on a wintry night back in 1965 on his way home from the pub?
Or maybe some farm hand was caught nicking from the farmer and got a spade around his head in the 1950's?

There are hundreds of potential scenarios. The Royal's being guilty of a murder is the LAST possible explanation!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here is another update that gives us some details I haven't seen yet.

A murder investigation has been launched after the discovery of a woman's body on the royal family's estate in Sandringham.

Norfolk police said they do not yet know the identity of the woman, whose remains were found in a small copse of trees between fields by a member of the public on New Year's Day.

Police have indicated the body had lain there for some time.

They are examining reports of missing persons.

The area has been sealed off as forensic officers carried out detailed examination of the area.

No indication has been given as to cause of death at this stage. The body is due to be removed later on Tuesday, and a postmortem is due to be carried out at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in King's Lynn.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I was thinking of a regular New Years suicide, but if it's been there for so long it rules out the New Years suicide, but it can easily be a suicide from an earlier time. Of course this is not automatically linked to the Royals so everyone don't get bent out of shape when people hint at some of the possibilities

Some people get so serious on here.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Probably some poor lady who was assaulted and murdered by a local crazy and dumped in the woods. That's the simplest explanation.

I know the whole "blood sucking alien" theme is attractive but the Royals would be a lot smarter in how they got rid of a body.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
given last years terrible weather it could of been someone trying to get home in the bad weather and they've only just just got fragrant enough to attract the dogs nose

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's 2012, and Great Britain is still harboring a royalty whose genes go back to Count Vlad from Transylvania.
These Brits love their slave masters.
I think it was Kant that said it best. There is nothing more pathetic to find a slave who thinks he is free.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's Princess Diana's body!!!!

She never did die in that car crash in Paris.... Charles did it then hid the body at Sandringham.......
edit on 3-1-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I thought it might be Elvis.

Or the real Saddam.

But it's a woman.

So who knows.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

But maybe Elvis was really a woman and she faked her death to prevent the truth being revealed, then fled to England, bought a small cottage in Norfolk and had a fatal heart attack whilst walking home from the church (where she arranged the flowers every Saturday) after hearing that her sister Saddam had died? She collapsed in the undergrowth and no-one realised she was missing because she'd given all her new friends a false name and address.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
LoL, after reading the comments you guys are too much.
Thanks for the laugh.

I personally, don't think the royals had anything to do with it, I don't think they are that stupid to place the body in their own backyard.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I know you were probably trolling me, but I still gave you a star

That was actually quite witty.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The 85-year-old year-old wore only a head scarf and the hood of her long blue waxed jacket for protection as she rode a chestnut coloured horse.

I am realing a bit from this sentence. I mean really, all she was wearing was "a head scarf and the hood of her long blue waxed jacket". Honestly I'm a little grossed out about that. What if her jacket blew open?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join