It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the son of the one and only God, our creator.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Isn't that just another layer. Why does there always have to be someone to "go through" to get to god in religions?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

God is not unknown to everyone...

19Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Do not worhship false Gods, because God is a jealous God.

moses ordered the slaughter of thousands of Israelites after receiving the 10 commandments because they were worshipping an Idol.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I believe that dinasaurs were created to please Adam. yes they did coexist.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Mine was a multiple choice question (unanswered as of the writing of this reply)
One of your answers to the essay section was:

God is to holy for me to attempt to speak to him directly, because I am buried in sin sometimes.

So, I'm figuring you're leaning toward choice E....
until further notice, I'll take that as your answer.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

G

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

You cannot kill and ask for forgiveness then kill again expecting to go to heaven.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer

G

In my quiz, if you answer G, then you are to proceed to the second question.
Here's the second question, then:

this one is "fill in the blank":

"Who are you to be capable of answering the questions to the statement?" EDITED TO REPEAT THE FIRST Q.

edit on 2-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You asked me a question. I was capable of answering it and I did.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"Jesus gets far more attention then god does. Why? Because he was a human, therefore known. God is unknown yet spoke through him."

Adam was human also ? Adam was made with No Mother or Father ? Why is he not more special?

Jesus had a mother.?

Clearly adam is way more special then jesus . Why wouldn't i worship adam with that mentality ?

Adam was far better creatation then jesus?

Secondly i don't think god would send his son on a suicide mission for our sins...

"Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin." deu 24:16?

I don't need jesus for anything , nor did i ask him to take my sins , nor do i want to get to "god" through jesus ? Why am i being forced too ? What sort of backward logic is this

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If spiritual warfare has gone on since the time of Adam and Eve, would it not follow logically that this is part of the human condition? Hasn't it always been a fight between right and wrong? Light and darkness? Yin and yang?

The main problem I have with Christianity is their belief that, unless you accept Jesus as the Son of God, you will go to Hell. Explain to me how a God of Love would doom literally billions of people to hell, simply because they didn't hear about a certain religion in their lifetime.

I submit to you that there are as many paths to heaven as there are to hell. Christianity does not hold the only key and the rights to the only road up to the pearly gates.

Faith and love extorted from humans out of fear is worthless.

link   

Oh. Okay, fair enough. You did answer the one question. Is only ONE question permitted? (Now I've asked 3)

link   

"Who are you to be capable of answering the statement?"

and who are you to question someones faith?

who are you? Just another human.. in need of deliverance.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

"luke 19:27 Is a verse from a parable... It does not mean he wasn't the son of God."

Actually i was speaking in the sense that no man , son , or repsentitive of god would say such things.

Its easy to hide being parables , interpertations , metaphors etc . But that card can only be played so much before you can cherry pick what is what in the bible.

It says something bad , but don't worry we can make it sound sugar coated so its accepted .

Not with me

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Why do some even confuse jesus as god ? jesus is God.

OK, I understand incest relationships to a point (NOT that I approve....that stuff is WAY off balance)

But why is it the post is titled

"Jesus Christ is the son of the one and only God"

and YOUR post says jesus IS god??

The "aunt mom, and uncle dad" stuff I can see, but

Even considering incest....that seems impossible.
edit on 2-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

"Simply because it is through the mercy of Christ that we can approach His Father. Christ is the life line to our prayers."

Mercy should come from the source who dishes it out , You know the creator ? the master of the universe?

Sending your son on a suicide mission , yes suicide. God knew , Jesus knew he was going to die?

This is not needed for such a supreme being who can snap his fingers and erase everyones sins.

This is something alCiaDa would do . Not God.

Secondly why stop at one son ? When he could've kept sending sons on suicide missions for every generation of humanity ?

If he has no problem killing one ? whats 500?

If you were god , would you send your son on a suicide mission ? Or find another way like ...

sending down a rare unicorn ? that would make me believe far more then a son

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

We cannot question why God allowed things to happen the way they did, we can only accept them, because they are the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is there an option for late repentance, ie, post death? I know Satan's evil and all but surely if you're sincere enough even he would fax JC and arrange a transfer? I dunno if those guys are talking atm actually, I know they've had their fall outs in the past, is that all cool now? Tbh it all seems pretty childish to me, it's been what, 2000 years and still the massive family rift! G needs to call a family meeting and get it all ironed out. JC's lil bro will be here soon and it would be a shame for him to grow up in such a dysfunctional environment. Doesn't set a very good example for us mortals does it? The dawn of a new age and our supreme overlords can't convince their basement dwelling fallen angel to stop playing with the incinerator and get a real fricking angel job. Who else can you blame but the parents? I guess it's been tough for god being a single parent but maybe he should screw someone immortal next time.

Oh christ, I'm in one of these threads again

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Actually i was speaking in the sense that no man , son , or repsentitive of god would say such things.

Its easy to hide being parables , interpertations , metaphors etc . But that card can only be played so much before you can cherry pick what is what in the bible.

It says something bad , but don't worry we can make it sound sugar coated so its accepted .

Not with me

If you actually read the parable you might understand he wasn't even speaking of himself in any way....

Though since you are just cherrypicking anyways it really doesn't matter now does it.

It doesn't say something bad... its a spiritual lesson

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hold on a mnute there, TruthCqer.
You answered the first of my questions, a multiple choice question, with G, "none of the above" to answer the question of "Who are you to be capable of answering the questions to the statement?"

The STATEMENT is the title, and the first sentence of your post.

Now, let's try again.
The second question is (since you answered "none of the above") a fill-in-the-blank question:

Who are you to be capable of answering the questions to the statement SET FORTH IN YOUR TITLE AND THE OP?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join