It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Documents? Forgery or Disinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I occured to me, what better way to make it so people think the Dems are trying to play dirty tricks, then to put out a few fake memos and have them debunked. This
1) Makes people who like bush or on the rope about this issue, say well there was nothing wrong and the Democrats had to make it up. Which makes them forget about or drop thinking about this issue.
2) Makes the Democrats look bad.

They mention the SubScript from a Word document in both memos that put s a small th

Lines, a document expert and fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, pointed to a superscript -- a smaller, raised "th" in "111th Fighter Interceptor Squadron" -- as evidence indicating forgery.

Definitly seems like a forgery, but would forgers be so stupid? Or was this supposed to be caught and debunked.

Any other thoughts?

Authenticity of Bush Guard memos questioned

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Questions are being raised about the authenticity of newly unearthed memos which asserted that George W. Bush ignored an order from a superior officer in the Texas Air National Guard and lost his status as a pilot because he failed to meet military performance standards and undergo a required physical exam.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
generation gap caused these forgeries.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
generation gap caused these forgeries.

Under what circumstances would you accept that these memos are genuine? A FOX news report? You seem to have made up your mind before all of the facts are in. What would it take for you to believe that the Bush administration faked these documents? What would it take? Where would you have to read it or see it, to believe it? Rush? O'Reily? I'm just curious as to what it would take for you to change your mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not only was the ability to create subscripts on a typewriter available at the time, but other documents released ealier by the white house ALSO included the same "th" subscript...

Friday afternoon, CBS News addressed one of the authenticity issues raised, whether typewriters in the 1960s had the "th" superscript key. "CBS News states with absolute certainty that the ability to produce the "th" superscript mentioned in reports about the documents did exist on typewriters as early as 1968, and in fact is in President Bush's official military records released by the White House, CBS said in a statement. The issue will be addressed in Friday's Evening News broadcast, 6:30 p.m. ET.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Republicans have cornered themselves to win only with the War on Terror issue...

Therefore, since they are ahead in the polls, all they have to do now is completely decimate Kerry's character, and even though Bush is a dumbass he can squeak by with a win.

Look...I don't need to see documents to know what type of person Bush is and was back then.

It is not difficult for me to imagine him getting wasted, doing lines all night long, and running around with his trust fund buddies.

Let's pretend Kerry lied about his medals, even so, he took the chance of being killed by volunteering for combat.

So no matter how you slice it, if the issue is who was a better person for a longer time..Bush loses, Kerry wins.

If the issue is about today...Bush loses, a Chimpanzee wins.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by cstyle226]

top topics

join