It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronic nausea anyone? Causes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to see if anyone else has some of the same symptoms I have experienced for almost 20 years with no apparent cause.

I remember all of this starting when I was 8. It could have been earlier. I think 8 was when my mom took me to every doctor under the sun. So that's probably why I remember it starting around 8.
I am nauseous every single day. EVERY DAY. Especially after I eat. I have never vomited from the nausea, but have been close.
I've had so many tests ran.... scans and ultra sounds and cameras going in places they shouldn't, allergy tests, you name it. 20 years of testing. And the doctors can come up with nothing. I have been accused of having eating disorders, attention seeking behavior, hypochondria, etc.

A normal day for me is waking up STARVING. I usually drink about a half glass of room temperature water to reduce the hungry feeling. I sometimes scramble an egg and eat that with toast with some fruit or just have Eggo waffles. I love waffles and it's one of the few things that DON'T make me feel ill. Breakfast usually goes without incident and I'm able to take my vitamins at this time as well. I take all organic vitamins from whole food sources. Those don't make me feel ill either. You can supposedly take them on an empty stomach and be ok. I don't.

The rest of the day is hit and miss. I usually get my first hit of nausea mid-morning sometime. And it doesn't matter if I eat breakfast at 5am or 10am. Usually around 10 or 11, it starts.
I was taking Zofran for it and it helped tremendously. But I stopped because it's really expensive and not meant for long term use. I was taking it for FOUR years!
If I don't eat my meals on time, the nausea gets worse. Then if I go to eat, I can barely get anything down eventhough I'm ravenously hungry. I snack off and on throughout the day to keep my stomach from getting totally empty.
I thought maybe it was blood sugar related since it seems to get so much worse when I don't eat. And it seems I suffer symptoms of hypoglycemia. I get hot and shaky and dizzy if I don't eat on time. But my blood sugar was always within normal range.
I have tracked it for years and kept journals. It doesn't have anything to do with menstrual cycles or foods I eat or anything of outside influence. I can eat a bowl of cereal everyday for months and be fine. Then one day out of the blue, I will be close to vomiting if I eat it.
I didn't have any major traumas as a child that I know of. Grew up middle class, was a happy and good kid. Oddly enough I made it through 2 pregnancies without ever throwing up!
I am just at such a loss and I really don't know what to do about it. I hate not being able to go to a restaurant and have a relaxing time because I always feel like I am going to throw up after I eat. My whole world revolves around my digestive tract and it's becoming a source of anxiety.
I am curious if anyone has had symptoms that are similar and what was causing it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds like it should be a illness they should be able to diagnose... I get that feeling that even though i'm hungry when i'm hung over I cannot still eat. I doubt their related. But goodluck, I hate stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

The 5-HT3 receptor antagonists are the primary drugs used to treat and prevent chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV).

Are you undergoing chemotherapy?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

No. No other health issues. I also don't take any long term medications. I was taking the Zofran for the nausea, but am no longer.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Maybe Crohn's Disease?

I have a friend whose suffered Crohn's since early childhood. He's trying vitamin D 3 which seems to be working.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Could it be you are taking in too much food at one time
after being very hungry. Maybe try to divide your breakfast
into Breakfast 1 - wait an hour and then Breakfast 2.
Same with lunch and dinner. I know I can't tolerate a
lot of food at one time, I eat small portions thru out
the day. Could just be your metabolism. Might
want to give it a try. Hope this gets better for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezertdog

Maybe Crohn's Disease?

I have a friend whose suffered Crohn's since early childhood. He's trying vitamin D 3 which seems to be working.

Yes! That is what I have thought. And doctors have tossed the diagnosis around, but are reluctant to actually diagnose me with it since my symptoms aren't "typical". I don't vomit or have severe pain. Ugh. But I really feel like that is what it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The thing I thought of right off the bat is a possible gastric neuromuscular disorder. Please see: www.wakehealth.edu...

I had to do a great deal of research because my youngest daughter has a lot of problems with nausea and goes through cycles of horrible nausea and vomiting in the early morning hours. Turns out she has Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, related to migraines which run in both sides of her family. Most doctors tend to throw a lot of meds at you and hope you go away when you present with symptoms such as you describe. Do your own research, and lots of it.

The absolute best medicine for you cannot be recommended on this site as it violates the T&C rules.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I have heard of that. And I found it interesting as my son suffers from cyclic migraines.

Now that I pay more attention to my body as a whole, I definitely feel as though my stomach has periods of twitching so to speak! Like when you have muscle spasms or twitches in your legs or anywhere else.
More than anything, it's ANNOYING.

And yes to your last statement. There were periods of time where I NEVER felt hungry. When I was younger, I tried a tincture and felt hungry for the first time in 5 years. It was amazing!
I've been toying with that idea again.
Lucky for me, I live in Colorado!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I am so glad that you posted this! For about the last 3 months, my 18 year old son has been feeling nausea and feeling like he needs to throw up but then doesn't. It seems to be worse when he eats certain kinds of foods like spicy or greasy foods. Gall bladder was my first suspicion. We went to his doctor and they tested him for pretty much everything that it could possibly be, including gall bladder, and they said everything is fine. He has very little stress, doesn't work and is way ahead of where he needs to be in school so doesn't seem to be stressing over homework. I've talked to him and he says he's not been feeling depressed, anxious, or stressed. Once again, I appreciate your post and maybe we will both get some answers.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Get with your Doctor about the vitamin D3 therapy. Hope it works for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Psychological or not, your mind can solve it.
If you can't find a reason I would try to divide carbohydrates from proteins. There are pages about that. You may have some unknown problem with some enzyme release. Genetical maybe. Try digestive enzymes to exclude this possibility. Maybe GMO food is behind it. Who knows? Have you had some vaccination at that age? It could be neurological/auto-immune cause. I have become alergic after one nasty vaccination.
Have you tried to eat vegan food? Or just meat with vegetables. There are theories about blood groups and appropriate food. If you have 0 then carbs could cause problems they say.
There are also many herbs which can help. Mostly bitter herbs like bitter clover etc. After all those years I would propably tried every single herb available. If you consider using pot make sure you have enough CBD in it. That had to be said.
edit on 2/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i used to be same way. Pot used to help but you don't wanna rely on anything. Bodybuilding fixed me though.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I met a woman this past summer who has been constantly nauseous for two years. Her whole family got the flue one week two years ago. They were all vomiting. Everyone got better -- except her. She too has gone through batteries of tests to no avail.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
I met a woman this past summer who has been constantly nauseous for two years. Her whole family got the flue one week two years ago. They were all vomiting. Everyone got better -- except her. She too has gone through batteries of tests to no avail.

I swear it started after a particularly bad bout of the stomach flu when I was in 3rd grade. Every time I've had a stomach bug since, I've been down and out for at least a week.

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
Psychological or not, your mind can solve it.
If you can't find a reason I would try to divide carbohydrates from proteins. There are pages about that. You may have some unknown problem with some enzyme release. Genetical maybe. Try digestive enzymes to exclude this possibility. Maybe GMO food is behind it. Who knows? Have you had some vaccination at that age? It could be neurological/auto-immune cause. I have become alergic after one nasty vaccination.
Have you tried to eat vegan food? Or just meat with vegetables. There are theories about blood groups and appropriate food. If you have 0 then carbs could cause problems they say.
There are also many herbs which can help. Mostly bitter herbs like bitter clover etc. After all those years I would propably tried every single herb available. There is one herb known as very good nausea cure but it's not allowed to speak about it here. Maybe you know what I mean...

Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can get some bitter clover at a health food store. We live in a state where medical "herbs" that you speak of are not "approved"
so that's probably out for now. Plus I think my son would probably enjoy that too much.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea

That is so bizarre because my son stayed with a friend and some other guys for a few weeks when his friends parents went on vacation. When he first went their, his friend and another guy had the flu. My son never got it but within a week started feeling nauseous and it has never gone away. The doctor thought maybe pancreitis but tests have ruled that out. Sounds very similar to my sons case though.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
First few thoughts that came to mind...
Heart burn, could it be acid indigestion? Could your stomach not be emptying as it should? I'm sure you considered this but just a thought
Second, food allergies. I had a friend who stayed nauseated, eventually she cut all wheat and gluten from her diet and now she is doing fantastic.
Celiac Disease
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I personally haven't had this (lots of other stuff from birth though), I didn't even get morning sickness.

But I was researching how pH can have a detrimental effect on our metabolism and found this webpage.

www.relfe.com...

Try bicarbonate of soda to get your pH up to more alkaline.

My eldest was being sick every period but we have cut out Soya and now she is fine. What is weird, so are my periods and my youngest's too.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ive had this since 2006.Crete....didnt feel too good, was taken to hospital and discharged the same day...my flight home was leaving the next day...and the doc said he could extend my holiday if i wanted to lol. But, feeling so ill thousands of miles from my home...i decided id grin and bare it and get the flight home.

Ever since then ive had a nausea problem, im currently on Ondansetron (Zofran)...have been on them for just over 2 years now. I had exhausted all the other medication. Was sent to a psychiatrist, went for CBT....then i was told it wasnt my mind, it was physical. My docs dont like prescribing them, as they are expensive...but they are the only thing that kinda helps, they dont stop it completely.

So...sent for an endoscopy...found nothing. Blood tests....nothing.

Ive just been referred back to the gastro people for another endoscopy and one up the bum too (colonoscopy?), but ive refused to have these done, as last time they found nothing, and it can be dangerous having a pole with a camera inserted into you mouth and anus...it can tear the lining. The risks outweigh the benefits in my opinion.

Ive just accepted il have to live with my nausea...24 hours a day, 365 days a year! The docs are stumped, as am i.
I thought maybe it was a gas leak causing it, as natural gas BEFORE ignition can cause very similar symptoms. The chemical they use to make natural gas smell is normally the culprit if it is to do with gas. I spent weeks in contact with the manufacturers of this smell, finding out as much as i could.

But ive moved, and i still experience the same nausea. If i cough, i gag, if i yawn...i gag...i never throw up. Despite feeling sick all the time.

Ive just got a new doctor, so hopefully they will explore other reasons. Ive gave them plenty of reasons over the years, from food intolerance, to tropical diseases. Yet all they ever want to do is prescribe me anti depressants. As i explained to the docs, depression is a by product of the nausea, not the cause.

I have a friend who suffers from exactly the same thing...and like you and i...hasnt been diagnosed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join