It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts particles and unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi to all ATSers or readers of this thread,

I recently started playing a game on the console Xbox 360 called Mass Effect 2. I am referring to it because there is a concept which sounded really interesting to me. On a certain moment of the game you learn the way to communicate from a spaceship to another location is possible through the use of particles.

It is said (and it is hypothetical as I lack enough knowledge on this subject) that two sub-atomic particles are created through fusion. According to Wikipedia :

In physics or chemistry, subatomic particles are the smaller particles composing nucleons and atoms. There are two types of subatomic particles: elementary particles, which are not made of other particles, and composite particles. Particle physics and nuclear physics study these particles and how they interact.

I will not get deeper in subatomic topic as this is getting more and more complicated but will still put my theory for the ones who might understand it.

Funny chart of subatomic particles

So, in the game, it is said one of these particles is in the ship and the other is in another location. It is believed there is an existing link between the two particles such as affecting one will affect the other. If the first one is in a certain state, the second one, its homologous, will become in an opposite state. This being said, it is believed it then becomes possible to have communication between the two in a unit called "Cubits" which is interpreted by an I.A., in Mass Effect 2.

Now what is a Cubit? Again from Wikipedia:

The cubit is a traditional unit of length, based on the length of the forearm. Cubits of various lengths were employed in many parts of the world in Antiquity, in the Middle Ages and into Early Modern Times. The Egyptian hieroglyph for the cubit shows the symbol of a forearm. The Egyptian cubit was subdivided into 7 palms of 4 digits each; surviving cubit rods are between 52.3 and 52.9 cm in length. Over time, various cubits and variations on the cubit have measured: 6 palms, or 24 digits 7 palms, or 28 digits.

I do not know if this is possible but I really enjoyed the concept of using particles to do communication. I am no pro although on this topic, sub-atomic particles, cubits, etc. Further knowledge from you ATSers who are in the known of would be appreciated.

Then how do it all relates to unity will you tell me? Well, ... I mentioned earlier two important concepts earlier which relates to it.

The first one was fusion.

A great chart, but small from C.P.E.P. about fusion in physic.

The second one was how two opposites particles are related to each other.

Small picture of particles.

Well, the link is simpler than it seems. If one particles gets affected in a way it modify the state of its homologous one, then these two particles are interacting to each other. Of course, they are homologous so it is sure they will interact... yes, this is true, although it is a nice to see even on a subatomic scale that everything is interrelated to a certain extent.

If we consider the proverb " as above, so below", I think it gives a great example of how the world goes on. We are all linked in a way we do not necessarily see nor understand all the time, but it still is this way in my opinion. I could go further with the Chaos theory and it's "Butterfly effect", but this is a whole other thread in itself.

Just to make you think a bit, eh eh

To end this thread in an original way, I will give you a great chart I stumbled upon while doing research for this thread which is interesting for the ones liking physics and particles, a great piece of information in my opinion.

Here it is:

Hope it was clear and understandable,

Thruthseek3r

edit on 2-1-2012 by thruthseek3r because: small revision

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Funny how all those particles look just like objects that we can view with the naked eye in the universe.

I think I have heard this theory before, not sure if it was another user here or maybe a published journal I came across. If I knew where to begin I would post it. Either way it sounds legit.

Kind of like the studies they do on twins:

Conclusions. Frequent communication between identical but not fraternal twin partners, and both level of exercise and prevalence of smoking, distributed more beneficially in terms of longevity for identical compared with fraternal twins, are explanatory for the greater longevity of identical than fraternal twins.

biomedgerontology.oxfordjournals.org...

On a side note: I keep being told to play mass effect 1 and 2 and I keep playing it off and recently ME2 is popping up everywhere in the most odd places. Maybe the universe is trying to communicate to me, which is ironic because of this thread...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's funny how it's in a computer game...but I think you have a good grasp on the whole concept....you'll need to move to the next level however or lose lifeforce...LOL...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
It's funny how it's in a computer game...but I think you have a good grasp on the whole concept....you'll need to move to the next level however or lose lifeforce...LOL...

Move or loose lifeforce... OH NOOOOOOOOO! Please don't!

Thank you on a more serious note for your thought though.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Thank you for your response. I went to the link you put in the previous post and the concept is interesting. Seeing a 1.5 year more or less between fraternal and identical twin was unexpected but not that much a big difference. Some datas to read on although, I thank you for that too.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Since you didn't mention it directly, the effect that would allow communication between two particles is called Entanglement . You basically described it, just left out the proper term.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Since you didn't mention it directly, the effect that would allow communication between two particles is called Entanglement . You basically described it, just left out the proper term.

Thank you for this hint. It is well appreciated from you to have clarified this. I will remember this concept, a very interesting one to be honest.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
When looking into the design of this entanglement, we can start to see on a spiritual level, how individualism is really an illusion for the most part.

If entangled, one object cannot be fully described without considering the other(s). They remain in a quantum superposition and share a single quantum state until a measurement is made.

Think about how we all constantly and consistently, are weighing/measuring life around us and us in this life. We naturally judge and react to things others do and things we do. We often observe ourselves and our own actions as something that is separate from others when really, everything we do, affects another and the world around us. None of us could be what we are, without the many many others that have influenced us. None of us are what we are, all due to our own accord. We really can not fully describe our own state of being or existence without considering all others. As well, to me, entanglement, shows us that we all are in this together far beyond the bounds of the flesh, that we dont have the choice to leave or to jump ship....because we are tied, entangled, together.

People want to worry about if them as a self, a individual, will ascend or make it to heaven....when the real answer may be that none can become without the all becoming as well. We will all keep playing parts in each others lives to hold the mirrors up to each others face for them to keep looking at the things that need to change or become for our natural harmonic nature to emanate forth.

Its a truth many cant accept just yet....that we all are in this together, that we all are united far beyond what we can imagine.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
When looking into the design of this entanglement, we can start to see on a spiritual level, how individualism is really an illusion for the most part.

If entangled, one object cannot be fully described without considering the other(s). They remain in a quantum superposition and share a single quantum state until a measurement is made.

Think about how we all constantly and consistently, are weighing/measuring life around us and us in this life. We naturally judge and react to things others do and things we do. We often observe ourselves and our own actions as something that is separate from others when really, everything we do, affects another and the world around us. None of us could be what we are, without the many many others that have influenced us. None of us are what we are, all due to our own accord. We really can not fully describe our own state of being or existence without considering all others. As well, to me, entanglement, shows us that we all are in this together far beyond the bounds of the flesh, that we dont have the choice to leave or to jump ship....because we are tied, entangled, together.

People want to worry about if them as a self, a individual, will ascend or make it to heaven....when the real answer may be that none can become without the all becoming as well. We will all keep playing parts in each others lives to hold the mirrors up to each others face for them to keep looking at the things that need to change or become for our natural harmonic nature to emanate forth.

Its a truth many cant accept just yet....that we all are in this together, that we all are united far beyond what we can imagine.

I really enjoyed reading this post to be honest with you. It is great to see how spirituality can relate to science this easily and so evidently. It is true we are all on the path of unity and the more time goes by, the more and more out of the many here on earth are realizing it.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

join