It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Hedges : Brace yourself. The American empire is over...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And the descent is going to be horrifying.

Watch it all here on CSPAN

Chris Hedges is no fool.

Chris Hedges

Christopher Lynn Hedges (born September 18, 1956) is an American journalist, author, and war correspondent, specializing in American and Middle Eastern politics and societies.

Chris Hedges is currently a senior fellow at The Nation Institute in New York City.[6] He spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, the Middle East, Africa and the Balkans. He has reported from more than fifty countries, and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, The Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times,[1] where he was a foreign correspondent for fifteen years (1990–2005).

In 2002, Hedges was part of the team of reporters at The New York Times awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the paper's coverage of global terrorism. He also received in 2002 the Amnesty International Global Award for Human Rights Journalism. He has taught at Columbia University, New York University, Princeton University[1] and The University of Toronto. He writes a weekly column on Mondays for Truthdig and authored what the New York Times described as "a call to arms" for the first issue of The Occupied Wall Street Journal, the newspaper giving voice to The Occupy Wall Street protests in Zuccotti Park, New York City.

The guy have been around...

Anyway what he's talking about is well known on ATS... good to see that it's on CSPAN... even if nobody watches CSPAN...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just another mans loooooong drawn out opinion. Just jumping around through the video, didnt hear any revelations or anything that isnt already common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

sort of, a bit more than an opinion so far though. i'm only 30 mins into video

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

wow! it's surprising to see this type of response on ats! it only took you five minutes to decide what you thought about a three-hour video!
right at the beginning he begins to outline his experience with empire and how empires collapse. a person experienced in studying empire who is seeing signs of collapse in the united states is pretty revelatory.
hedges has also won a pulitzer prize for covering global terrorism.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can't pause the Rose Bowl to watch! Tell me what it says!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
am i the only one who closed that link after the woman said "The next 3 hours"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Uhm…this guy is a reporter. I heard a reporter a few months ago discuss how America should be more like CHINA, a country with one of the worst poverty problems on the planet!

I should take this guy’s word that the American empire is over??

Pffft….Nah!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
then again this guy is stating facts the American Empire is really crumbling bit by bit

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There used to be a member here , haven`t seen it it awhile , who had as his signature an expression that went

something like this;

The last act of a dying empire, is too loot the treasurey.

Sound familiar to anyone else..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]All you have to do is look around at the state of things to know that we are on a downward spiral. I don't have to watch a three hour video to tell me that.

Who even has time to watch a video that long? I know I don't....

edit on 2-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

I clearly said in my post that I did not sit through it but rather jumped around, and responded with my opinion. Funny, did you watch it yet? It hasnt even been posted three hours yet

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

I clearly said in my post that I did not sit through it but rather jumped around, and responded with my opinion. Funny, did you watch it yet? It hasnt even been posted three hours yet

i'm actually a fan of hedges and have seen the film. whether or not you stated that you skipped around in the video, i still don't believe you could formulate any worthwhile opinion in five minutes. what good is your opinion after five minutes of watching a three-hour video? maybe if you were talking about the clothes he was wearing or the sound of his voice you would be able to assess the video in five minutes.

do you really think you are contributing to a conversation when you watch five minutes of a three-hour video and then grace us with your informed opinion?

i mean, more power to you and all but commenting on something you know nothing about seems like an ignorant thing to do.

too lazy to intake an OP's message but desperate to post your opinion about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Very interesting video. I am only 1/3 in at this point but this information is of a much higher quality than that of the usual stuff on ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yeah just watched the whole thing.

This guy is spot-on, lucid and erudite.

I shall be visiting the website mentioned to read his columns from now on.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

it only took you five minutes to decide what you thought about a three-hour video!

Thats the problem, it is a 3 hour video.................

I have to work in the morning and the kids are driving me nuts..........

I did'nt need to watch the video,,,,this says it all.

Chris Hedges : Brace yourself. The American empire is over...

People on ATS, and some bots
wish it would happen already...................

I say, see you next year and the same old crap will still be talked about

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

This wouldn't mean the end of America, just the end of America as a superpower/first-world nation

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

This wouldn't mean the end of America, just the end of America as a superpower/first-world nation

You know this for a fact?

What if they announce a North American Union or something?

Then what do we do?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Well I suggest you just watch the first 15 minutes or so, he lays it pretty much all in that little segment.

top topics

join