It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster (NUCLEAR) Babies in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Did the US when invading Iraq, deploy nuclear weapons?

In addition to depleted Uranium being used in Iraq, there's increasing evidence that this was the case.

Le Monde report on birth defects in Falluja

In Falluja "monster babies" raise questions over US weapons used in 2004 “’Did the American army use nuclear weapons in Iraq?’ This is the surprising question raised by France Info on Friday June 10. In partnership with Paris-Match, Angélique Férat, radio correspondent for the area, returned to the city of Fallujah, about fifty kilometers from Baghdad.

The city, a stronghold of the Sunni insurrection, was attacked and partially destroyed by American forces in April 2004 and again in November the same year. Since then the city has seen a very high number of birth defects - so much so that, according to Angélique Férat, ‘almost every family has its own “monster baby” ‘. The Iraqi authorities refuse to consider the subject and there are no official statistics.”

More info

Conflict and Health report on birth defects in Falluja - Authors blame US Uranium weaponry

In 2010 the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health published a paper showing high rates of birth defects and cancer in Fallujah, Iraq after heavy fighting in 2004 which involved the suspected use of Uranium weaponry. (Outline results are below together with internet links.)

A new paper published in Conflict and Health has analysed hair samples from parents of children born with congenital malformations in Fallujah. The hair had high levels of Calcium, Magnesium, Strontium, Aluminium, Bismuth, Mercury and Uranium. Of these, only Uranium is associated with cancer and birth defects. Uranium levels were significantly higher than expected on the basis of published measurements of uncontaminated populations. The levels were highest in the distal ends of the longest hair, which would have been growing in 2005.

The paper discusses the anomalously high genotoxic effects of Uranium.

Isotopic ratios of the Uranium in the hair samples showed the presence of Enriched Uranium which has also been found in recent battlefield samples in other middle-east war zones. One of the authors says "What we have found makes it perfectly clear that, in addition to armour-piercing rounds containing Uranium, a new generation of Uranium-based anti-personnel weapons exists. These uses of Uranium cause shocking increases in cancer and congenital illness in innocent civilians and in soldiers on both sides of a conflict."

SOURCE

If there's any truth to this above and given that we all know that depleted Uranium has been used, then what sort of MONSTERS are running the US Military? What else are they capable of?

I wish there was a way to also monitor the returning servicemen & women deployed in Iraq, for cancers during the next couple of decades, as I have no doubt that they've also been exposed to radiation!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
How would you not know if someone is using nuclear bombs???

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I remember seeing a thread few month's ago from a member claiming nuclear weapons where being used. Now this...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

I was expecting something more like....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Your thread is very important, in my opinion. I have read several articles lately on this very subject and it's something that I would like to see addressed. I believe it to be true. Thank you for spreading awareness.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

OR it could be residual nuclear pollution left over from the "Extensive" Nuclear program Iraq had (because George Bush said it did)..................

Any takers?...................

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
From the wiki page:

The use of DU in munitions is controversial because of questions about potential long-term health effects.[5][6] Normal functioning of the kidney, brain, liver, heart, and numerous other systems can be affected by uranium exposure, because uranium is a toxic metal.[7] It is weakly radioactive and remains so because of its long physical half-life (4.468 billion years for uranium-238, 700 million years for uranium-235). The biological half-life (the average time it takes for the human body to eliminate half the amount in the body) for uranium is about 15 days.[8] The aerosol or spallation frangible powder produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites leading to possible inhalation by human beings.[9]

I think this means it use in munitions would take several years for humans to feel the effect, and that it doesnt cause "monster babies". Nice SCARE tactic with the title
en.wikipedia.org...

Nuclear weapons Depleted uranium is used as a tamper in fission bombs.

Most military use of depleted uranium has been as 30 mm caliber ordnance, primarily the 30 mm PGU-14/B armour-piercing incendiary round from the GAU-8 Avenger cannon of the A-10 Thunderbolt II used by the United States Air Force. 25 mm DU rounds have been used in the M242 gun mounted on the U.S. Army's Bradley Fighting Vehicle and Marine Corp'sLAV-25.

edit on 2-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I really don't want to comment much on this due to my families well being but after serving and coming home a year or so later I was diagnosed with liver cancer and I know of at least 5 others that are close friends of mine have the same thing. I'm not saying its from my deploy but what are the odds.... Oh and my mos is a fighter pilot raptors. Just my experience... Read betw----------------.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This is just one of many munitions that use DU.
There assault rifle rounds and id image tank and artillery.

I seen an article on it somewhere, might've been here infact. If i can find it ill link it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Thanks for your input...the photos are a stark reality and very frightening to know that this sort of thing is, what the Iraqi's are exchanging for Western style 'FREEDOM'!

I'm sure that we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg here.

Heaven help the Syrians and Iranians, when it's time to go in a 'liberate' those countries..

edit on 2-1-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

They've been using U-238 shells for quite a while (depleted uranium) and yeah i have no doubt they cause cancer. I heard some rumors several years ago that Blackwater was using them on unarmed citizens in Iraq for fun.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know people are going to cite official military literature that says DU is safe, but there is a TON of research that shows otherwise.

Please watch this documentary, it deals specifically with the issues raised in this thread.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

DU is dangerous and DU rounds vaporize when they hit, leaving a ton of hot particles all spread around. There are vehicle graveyards in Iraq, where Iraqi and US vehicles that were hit by DU rounds are played in by children. There are buildings hit with DU that have really high radiation readings, even years after a shelling. DU is the real WMD in Iraq - and Saddam didn't bring it there.

Either the people that claim these weapons are safe are idiots, or they know better and refuse to tell us. In any case the future of Iraq is unclear - and if the negative effects of DU are ever found to have been known by the US military it could be argued that our invasion of Iraq was the beginning of a slow genocide. It seems the world's leaders learned much from the failed Third Reich.

DU rounds are safe to handle until they've been used. Once the DU round hits it's target and vaporizes it's a whole different story. Even army videos show engineers in full hazmat suits cleaning up DU rounds - yet they claim they are 100% safe.

edit on 2-1-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yet its only the beginning.
I can most likely say that they are still in use, maybe not at the moment but will be.

Heres another pic:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

From Hiroshima to Iraq, 61 years of uranium wars A suicidal, genocidal, omnicidal course

The conduct of secret nuclear wars since 1991, through the use of depleted uranium weaponry by the United States and Great Britain with their allies, has taken place in the Middle East, the former Yugoslavia, Afghanistan2 and Lebanon.3 It has been carried out for the express purpose of destroying the public health and mutilating the genetic future of vast populations in oil rich and/or pipeline regions. Carpet and grid bombing with depleted uranium weaponry in Iraq, Yugoslavia and Afghanistan has guaranteed permanent radioactive terrain contamination. The recent discovery that U.S. depleted uranium bombs dropped by Israel on Lebanon in 2006 contained enriched uranium4,5 suggests covert testing of fourth generation nuclear weapons. The United States and its allies are fully aware that this weaponry violates the Geneva and Hague Conventions and the 1925 Geneva Poison Gas Protocol.6 It meets the definition of WMD in the U.S. Code7 in two out of three categories. And its use violates U.S. military law.8 since the U.S. is a signatory to The Hague and Geneva Conventions. The blueprint for depleted uranium radioactive poison gas weaponry – dirty bombs, dirty missiles and dirty bullets – was contained in a declassified memorandum9 dated Oct. 30, 1943. It was addressed to Gen. Leslie Groves, who was head of the Manhattan Project, the U.S. effort to build atomic bombs in World War II. The recommendation for development of depleted uranium as kinetic energy penetrators was never mentioned in the Groves memo. It was specifically for depopulation. The Groves memo makes it clear that in 1943, U.S. scientists recommended using radioactive poison gas weapons in order to contaminate the air, water, soil, food, environment and the blood of exposed populations. The long-term contamination is permanent, since uranium-238 has a half-life of 4.5 billion years, making contaminated areas uninhabitable for eternity. For populations that must continue to live in contaminated areas, the long-term effects are lingering illnesses and mutilation of their DNA. Widespread depleted uranium contamination of DNA in populations results in the potential mutilation of future generations. Mutations induced in the DNA of a single egg or sperm which form a fertilized egg are expressed and repeated in every cell of the developing organism, and defects are passed on to all future generations11. Not only are U.S. and allied soldiers exposed and civilian populations genocidally targeted, but the depleted uranium pollution is now global. In reality, we are all Gulf War veterans.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have also come across information that directed energy or beam weapons were used in Iraq. It included eye-witness testimony and pictures of melted bodies, clothes still in tact, all their surroundings intact, but all bio-organic material was melted away. I'm sure Google can help find these images and information.

I am mentioning this because I think anyone interested in DU usage in Iraq/Afghanistan would almost certainly be interested in the other types of experimental weaponry used there.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I think this means it use in munitions would take several years for humans to feel the effect, and that it doesnt cause "monster babies". Nice SCARE tactic with the title en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for your input and there's no scare tactics with the title...it's just plain FACT that these 'MONSTER' babies are being born in increasing numbers.

Unfortunately you are pulling info about depleted munitions ONLY. In my OP I discuss that the cause for these deformed babies, is indicating that there's a possibility that say mini-nukes were used (maybe some sort of bunker buster).

The research done is finding higher levels of raditation in the people of a particular area, that was heavily bombarded in 2004 and it can't just be put down to depleted uranium munitions.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have an old thread on here that might be of interest...
More on DU
The impression I got from my research is that DU is pretty much evil incarnate, and given freely to munitions factories and other industries which of course is a hell of lot cheaper than dumping the stuff. Check the thread out, there's some great information there.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Take a look at Dr.Doug Rokke, an expert on DU. Go to Youtube or just Google him.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What kind of monsters are running everything ? That would be a better question.

That kind

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join