It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce's Interpretation on Book of Revelation

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you, like me, value Edgar Cayce as a Truth-Seeker, you might be interested in this article on his interpretation of the Book of Revelation.

Personally, I am not Religious. I do not attend church. But I am very spiritual and very much believe in one god for all people. Not the one god of any religion. Edgar Cayce came to this understanding, too, with his research.

So here are some excerpts from the article:

Through Cayce's otherworldly journeys, he learned the true interpretation of the Bible. According to Cayce, the Bible is the symbolic account of the fall and restoration of the human soul to its divine origins. Genesis is the symbolic testimony of humanity's fall from heaven and paradise lost. Revelation is the symbolic testimony of humanity's restoration to heaven and paradise found.

The Book of Revelation was written by a man named John (possibly John the Apostle) toward the end of his life. John records a vision he experiences, probably while dreaming or meditating. This vision contains a tremendous amount of symbolism; the same kind of symbolism one would see in a dream, a vision of the spirit world. In fact, the Book of Revelation contains the same symbolism found in the symbols in the Prophet Daniel's dream. All Biblical dreams, such as those of Joseph, Gideon, Daniel, Paul, and Peter, are very symbolic and therefore had a hidden spiritual meaning rather than a literal interpretation of the symbols. Such is the case with the Book of Revelation.

During several of Cayce's journeys into the spirit realms, he was able to unlock the secrets to the symbolism in the Book of Revelation. He gave a large amount of information specifically for the purpose of discovering the book's hidden meaning.

Cayce described the true nature between humanity and God. Cayce revealed that humans actually have three different dimensions of human awareness: the conscious mind (personality, the subconscious mind (soul) and the superconscious mind (spirit). An important goal in everyone's life is to awaken our superconscious mind to attain what Cayce called at-one-ment with God.

What was the final salvation of the bodily, mental, and spiritual forces described within John, now are shown to take place in collective humanity. When humanity recognizes the divinity within them as the controlling force in the world, and turns away from their own selfish pattern of living for self alone, the old pattern disappears and the Christ pattern emerges.

John is told that the merging of the evolved self with the divine superconscious, which has taken place in John, must also take place in all humanity (Rev. 19:7). The fulfilled pattern of evolved humanity, the Christ (i.e., superconscious mind), is now shown in a position of power (the so-called "second coming of Christ").

Now the archetype of humanity's continual rebellions, the self-willed intellect symbolized as the "devil", is confined for a time in the collective unconscious mind. During this period of one thousand years (the 1000 year reign of Christ), only the evolved souls will be permitted to incarnate the Earth (Rev. 20:4). At the end of this period, the remaining souls begin to incarnate, bringing with them their unsatisfied ambitions and desires. This, of course, brings about the former conditions of imbalance (wars and plagues). These conditions, all man-made, are now themselves eliminated and all mental forms and patterns not formed by divine will are purged (Rev. 20:14).

The "new heaven and new Earth" John sees is humanity's perfected state of consciousness and regenerated body. The human mind at this point is now one with the divine in the perfection of control and is free from outside limitations. The human conscious mind merges with the superconscious mind.

Edgar Cayce on the Book of Revelation

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Man, this is right up my alley these days.
I just picked up Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet --- haven't even opened it yet.
And then my already MAJOR interest in the stories of the Holy Bible, esp the Book of Revelation.
This is gonna be so cool for me to read up on. What a trip to run into!
Thanks a bunch angellicview!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

No problem! I certainly is interesting reading

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
delete
edit on 2-1-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The Prostitute of Babylon symbolizes humanity's desire lust for riches and gratification of the flesh. The beast it rides on are man-made ideas stemming from self-gratification. It is explained to John that these forces have taken control of the seven spiritual centers of the human body, thereby becoming possessed and ruled. However, as the highest forces of evolving humanity overcome the forces of self, even the ten basic urges of the body, symbolized by the ten horns, will in time fulfill the divine pattern. As the divine nature in humanity becomes less realized, society is destroyed by its own hand through self-gratification.

Yeeeaa, who didnt see that coming. The self-fulfilled prophecy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You arent religious and you believe in one god for all.....yet you put value on someones interpretation of a book in a book you dont believe in?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
You arent religious and you believe in one god for all.....yet you put value on someones interpretation of a book in a book you dont believe in?

Like I said, I am spiritual. There are a lot of great books out there. I put my faith in people. I believe there may be a lot of truths to the Bible, like a lot of other books. I also put my faith in my own discernment. That's right, I have to put faith in my self. So if something resonates with me, then I feel it's valuable to me. It may not be valuable to you or anyone it does not resonate with, and that's okay. But I posted it here in case someone else might find value in it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Great work on the thread angelic, S n F of course. I am pretty big into the Cayce readings as I find him to be incredibly legitimate. I think that his assertions are very accurate in this case. Just wanted to stop past and let you know I'm digging it (plus I may be a little while longer on that thread I mentioned, it's a big topic and lots of research has been taking place)

Peace and Love

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

There is a HUGE difference between being religious or subscribing to a particular religion and BEING spiritual.
You are what you are though you may not know what that is yet. That should not make sense to you either but it is a fact and one that holds true for most all of us. We are spiritual beings in a physical body. We are "manifestations" of spirit....hence the name "man."

If you had done any reading learning or study of Edgar Cayce you would not find this so unbelievable. He was quite remarkable and had connections to areas of existence most of us will never visit, see or even comprehend in this one life anyway.
Also you make the mistaken presumption the Bible is a literary piece by one author to be accepted or rejected in one piece as one publication. It is a historical piece written by many, with many POV's and many contributors. Belief is not required to learn anything from mans prior history as retold in the Bible.

And you can place a value on anything. You don't have to believe in it to place a value on it.
I value the Wizard of Oz as a film. I think it has many life lessons that are astutely realized and are truthful and yet I don't think it was a true story.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am a huge admirer of Cayce. His book, which I read years ago, titled "The Origin and Destiny of Man", literally changed my life about how I look at things of this world and things of the next.

Cayce professed to be a Christian, and so his intrepretation of the any part of the Bible that is not mainstream christian is very interesting, indeed.

Also, interesting is the fact that if the "disciuple John" wrote revelations with an intent to show theories that were not mainstream christianity, I bet he had to look long and hard at his decision to follow Christ.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i really like reading all his stuff too so,
thanks for this

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by angellicview

Great work on the thread angelic, S n F of course. I am pretty big into the Cayce readings as I find him to be incredibly legitimate. I think that his assertions are very accurate in this case. Just wanted to stop past and let you know I'm digging it (plus I may be a little while longer on that thread I mentioned, it's a big topic and lots of research has been taking place)

Peace and Love

Thanks Mr. Slide!

I am glad to hear you are working on your thread. It sounds like a doozy! (Uh, how do you spell that?) I'll be looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

There is a HUGE difference between being religious or subscribing to a particular religion and BEING spiritual.
You are what you are though you may not know what that is yet. That should not make sense to you either but it is a fact and one that holds true for most all of us. We are spiritual beings in a physical body. We are "manifestations" of spirit....hence the name "man."

If you had done any reading learning or study of Edgar Cayce you would not find this so unbelievable. He was quite remarkable and had connections to areas of existence most of us will never visit, see or even comprehend in this one life anyway.
Also you make the mistaken presumption the Bible is a literary piece by one author to be accepted or rejected in one piece as one publication. It is a historical piece written by many, with many POV's and many contributors. Belief is not required to learn anything from mans prior history as retold in the Bible.

And you can place a value on anything. You don't have to believe in it to place a value on it.
I value the Wizard of Oz as a film. I think it has many life lessons that are astutely realized and are truthful and yet I don't think it was a true story.

Thank you and very well said.

Really, I think value can be found in a lot of things that are out there. I take what resonates and leave the rest. That's why I don't call myself a Christian.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
this reminds me of the teachings of Michael Beckwith of Agape

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

The Prostitute of Babylon symbolizes humanity's desire lust for riches and gratification of the flesh. The beast it rides on are man-made ideas stemming from self-gratification. It is explained to John that these forces have taken control of the seven spiritual centers of the human body, thereby becoming possessed and ruled. However, as the highest forces of evolving humanity overcome the forces of self, even the ten basic urges of the body, symbolized by the ten horns, will in time fulfill the divine pattern. As the divine nature in humanity becomes less realized, society is destroyed by its own hand through self-gratification.

Let me paraphrase that.
'greed and power lusting is bad'

What happened with this though? You can't show boobies on TV , but you can show violence.
Greed is admired, the rich man garners way more respect that a mere ordinary person. Yes, we worship those who serve to self satisfy, we see in them what we want to be. They are our heroes.
Gratification of the flesh means sex only to those who don't see, to those who can see it means greed and looking out for your own desires, putting yourself above all others, the meaning became perverted, the human body must be covered up!

As far as myself, I just need enough to keep life from getting uncomfortable, I don't need riches, I need security.

OK, back on topic, please keep in mind that Cayce's interpretation of his readings is tainted by his beliefs and may or may not be messages from god. Just as if someone believed in alien robots sending messages of prophecy, it would come from them.
I would bet Edgar knew just as much about the existence of god, or not, than the rest of us.
Where did his knowledge come from? Of course Edgar would say god got in touch with him, where else would the info come from, according to him?

So where does prophecy come from? Aliens with time machines or expert foreknowledge of event trends?
The ability of these aliens to guess educatingly about where our behaviour traits will eventually get us.
Our ancient survival instincts which brought us to this point are no longer working, it is not terribly hard to predict that some of us will acquire way more necessities of survival than they need, stuffing their faces and filling bank accounts while lording over the serfs who do their bidding.

Sometimes prophecy is not rocket science, you can make vague predictions just by paying attention to your current environment and putting together pieces of the trending puzzle pieces.

Those are my thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
I am a huge admirer of Cayce. His book, which I read years ago, titled "The Origin and Destiny of Man", literally changed my life about how I look at things of this world and things of the next.

Cayce professed to be a Christian, and so his intrepretation of the any part of the Bible that is not mainstream christian is very interesting, indeed.

Also, interesting is the fact that if the "disciuple John" wrote revelations with an intent to show theories that were not mainstream christianity, I bet he had to look long and hard at his decision to follow Christ.

Or it could be that John's theories were exactly the lessons which Jesus Christ was trying to teach...What is "Mainstream Christianity" today, just from my understanding of the Bible alone, is very dissimilar to what Christ was teaching. Unfortunately, it has been misinterpreted by the uninitiated for years.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Nana2

Or it could be that John's theories were exactly the lessons which Jesus Christ was trying to teach...What is "Mainstream Christianity" today, just from my understanding of the Bible alone, is very dissimilar to what Christ was teaching. Unfortunately, it has been misinterpreted by the uninitiated for years.

Jesu Christ never taught any of the stuff that John reportedly wrote in Revelations.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

Let me paraphrase that.
'greed and power lusting is bad'

What happened with this though? You can't show boobies on TV , but you can show violence.
Greed is admired, the rich man garners way more respect that a mere ordinary person. Yes, we worship those who serve to self satisfy, we see in them what we want to be. They are our heroes.
Gratification of the flesh means sex only to those who don't see, to those who can see it means greed and looking out for your own desires, putting yourself above all others, the meaning became perverted, the human body must be covered up!

As far as myself, I just need enough to keep life from getting uncomfortable, I don't need riches, I need security.

OK, back on topic, please keep in mind that Cayce's interpretation of his readings is tainted by his beliefs and may or may not be messages from god. Just as if someone believed in alien robots sending messages of prophecy, it would come from them.
I would bet Edgar knew just as much about the existence of god, or not, than the rest of us.
Where did his knowledge come from? Of course Edgar would say god got in touch with him, where else would the info come from, according to him?

So where does prophecy come from? Aliens with time machines or expert foreknowledge of event trends?
The ability of these aliens to guess educatingly about where our behaviour traits will eventually get us.
Our ancient survival instincts which brought us to this point are no longer working, it is not terribly hard to predict that some of us will acquire way more necessities of survival than they need, stuffing their faces and filling bank accounts while lording over the serfs who do their bidding.

Sometimes prophecy is not rocket science, you can make vague predictions just by paying attention to your current environment and putting together pieces of the trending puzzle pieces.

Those are my thoughts on this.

Just last night I watched this documentary on Edgar Cayce from the History Channel. I thought it was very interesting and wanted to share it here, for all those who may be interested in it. If I remember correctly, he said that he got his information from "the ether" and from the "Akashic Records". What was surprising to me was that there are volumes and volumes of material, as shown in this documentary. I didn't know that there was that much information!

top topics

join