It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you are depressed or feel alone about your cross... * your sufferings *...don't be

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A message from Our Lord explains:

message to Fr. Melvin Doucette

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Flight to Egypt and the Return from Egypt

When the Magi had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him." Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed for Egypt. He stayed there until the death of Herod, that what the Lord had said through the prophet might be fulfilled, "Out of Egypt I called my son." ... When Herod had died, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child's life are dead." He rose, took the child and his mother, and went to the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus was ruling over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go back there. And because he had been warned in a dream, he departed for the region of Galilee. He went and dwelt in a town called Nazareth, so that what had been spoken through the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazorean." (Passage from the Gospel of St. Matthew 2:13-15,19-23)

"I love you, My brother Melvin and all My brothers and sisters living in every part of the world. Already when I was just a small child, King Herod wanted to kill Me and that is why the Father sent an angel to tell Joseph to flee with Me and My Mother to Egypt. We were there for some years. After King Herod died, the angel returned to Joseph in a dream and told him to return to Israel with us. He did so and because the son of King Herod was now on the throne, we went to live in Nazareth. This is where I grew up. I wish to remind you that we all have our crosses to bear. When I was on earth I had My cross from the moment I was born until I died. Each one of you has a cross to carry. This cross is all the problems you are faced with in your life. For some it is sickness, others it is persecution by their enemies, others it's trouble in their family; or it is lies by some people who want to destroy your reputation. Every one has something heavy to carry so what you have to do is to offer me this cross and I will help you and lighten your burden, and every day come and follow Me with your cross. I love you and I will give you the strength to carry that cross and one day it will be gone. I bless you all."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Wouldn't carrying a "litteral" cross be idol worship?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think the OP is talking about a christian concept, where the 'cross' is the burdens we are born with and the burdens we choose to carry when loving others and carrying out our purpose.

Idol worship is treating a statue as if it is alive; such as giving it food and drink, and praying to the statue. i saw this once at British Museum praying to Sekhmet.

Christians believe that Jesus is still alive, so that isn't idol worship. Wearing a cross is a symbol of your affiliation.
peace

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for your post. I needed to be reminded to let Him bear my cross for me. Sometimes a small bit of encouragement can mean alot to another person.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I always understood "pick up your cross" to mean die to self, die to the world. The cross is where the Lord died. That's been my take on the passage. Others may have a different application.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

No, then Christ would have sinned.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by colbe

No, then Christ would have sinned.

He did not carry a literal cross until the day of his death... and i believe the correct translation was "pole"

Carry your own cross means suffer like he did... it does not mean carry a little gold cross around your neck

edit on 3-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Carry your own cross means suffer like he did... it does not mean carry a little gold cross around your neck

Damn bro, do you really think I believe that? I already said what that verse means to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
that wasn't really directed at you actually... You just happen to be the recipiant... sorry

i did say carry a "litteral" cross...

I always understood "pick up your cross" to mean die to self, die to the world. The cross is where the Lord died. That's been my take on the passage. Others may have a different application.

This i agree with... when you die to the material world you actually live

but i didn't see that post when i replied to the other one

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Our Lord:

..."I wish to remind you that we all have our crosses to bear. When I was on earth I had My cross from the moment I was born until I died. Each one of you has a cross to carry. This cross is all the problems you are faced with in your life. For some it is sickness, others it is persecution by their enemies, others it's trouble in their family; or it is lies by some people who want to destroy your reputation. Every one has something heavy to carry so what you have to do is to offer me this cross and I will help you and lighten your burden, and every day come and follow Me with your cross. I love you and I will give you the strength to carry that cross and one day it will be gone. I bless you all."

God brings good out of our crosses, our sufferings. People turn to
God and not the world at these times. Suffering is redemptive, for your
soul and a cross offered to God in prayer, any suffering or cross, big or small helps save souls.

How wonderful God is...you don't have to be sad at all. If you think your
life is nothing but a "cross"...oh how blessed you are. The saints felt that
way, they followed Christ, offer your sufferings to God, He can use them
to bring conversion. Remember, God is perfectly just and perfectly loving.

We can help Him.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

that wasn't really directed at you actually... You just happen to be the recipiant... sorry

i did say carry a "litteral" cross...

This i agree with... when you die to the material world you actually live

but i didn't see that post when i replied to the other one

I'm sorry, I took it as your assumption I believed that possibly. Which I don't that would be silly.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

"Our Lord" said that?

Which book, chapter and verse is that from? I'm having trouble finding it in the scriptures.

edit on 3-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
reply to post by Akragon

I think the OP is talking about a christian concept, where the 'cross' is the burdens we are born with and the burdens we choose to carry when loving others and carrying out our purpose.

Idol worship is treating a statue as if it is alive; such as giving it food and drink, and praying to the statue. i saw this once at British Museum praying to Sekhmet.

Christians believe that Jesus is still alive, so that isn't idol worship. Wearing a cross is a symbol of your affiliation.
peace

well said... though i also believe Jesus is "still alive"... and so are many if not all of the people you've known and loved that have passed... they are alive and well...

Though don't Christians pray to a cross? Sometimes one with Jesus on it...

Not to mention some of the rituals i've heard of... Isn't there crosses and gold everywhere within such things?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

"Our Lord" said that?

Which book, chapter and verse is that from? I'm having trouble finding it in the scriptures.

LOL!!

perhaps your "lords" do not know each other?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! That would be idolatry, Christ is neither on that cross still, nor are we to pray to anyone other than God. Did you mean to say "Catholics"? Paul makes the argument that if Christ isn't risen from the dead then our faith is in vain.

Christ is not on that cross still.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

"Our Lord" said that?

LOL!!

I don't even think that's in the Gnostic books. Is it?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

"Our Lord" said that?

LOL!!

Give your problems to God so "you can help him"?

That isn't gnostic...

Im not sure what that is actually... Catholic?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! That would be idolatry, Christ is neither on that cross still, nor are we to pray to anyone other than God. Did you mean to say "Catholics"? Paul makes the argument that if Christ isn't risen from the dead then our faith is in vain.

Christ is not on that cross still.

Arn't Catholics Christian?

LOL..

Sorry i love to tickle the beast...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

"Our Lord" said that?

LOL!!

Hi,

Redemptive suffering is not known to you? I'll find Scripture (Bible alone) to help. Jesus redeemed us by the cross. We offer Him our crosses,
to help Him, Jesus who is God, save souls.

Do you understand about God being perfectly just? You've heard and I am sure do the same. Prayer saves souls...

So does offering our daily crosses and sufferings to Jesus.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
* Suffering *

Nothing unholy enters Heaven, suffering is purification for your soul too.

Look at the Church teaching on these verses. Jesus said the same in
the Message from Heaven (OP).

Matt. 10:38 - Jesus said, "he who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me." Jesus defines discipleship as one's willingness to suffer with Him. Being a disciple of Jesus not only means having faith in Him, but offering our sufferings to the Father as He did.

Matt. 16:24; Mark 8:34 - Jesus said, "if any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Jesus wants us to empty ourselves so that God can fill us. When we suffer, we can choose to seek consolation in God and become closer to Jesus.

Luke 9:23 - Jesus says we must take up this cross daily. He requires us to join our daily temporal sacrifices (pain, inconvenience, worry) with His eternal sacrifice.

Luke 14:27 - Jesus said, "whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple." If we reject God because we suffer, we fail to apply the graces that Jesus won for us by His suffering.

John 7:39 - Jesus was first glorified on the cross, not just the resurrection. This text refers to John 19:34, when Jesus was pierced on the cross by the soldier's lance.

John 12:24 - unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone and bears no fruit. Jesus is teaching that suffering and death are part of every human life, and it is only through suffering and death that we obtain the glory of resurrection.

Rom. 5:2-3 - Paul says that more than rejoicing in our hope, we rejoice in our sufferings which produces endurance, character and hope. Through faith, suffering brings about hope in God and, through endurance, salvation.

Rom. 8:17 - Paul says that we are heirs with Christ, but only if we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with Him. Paul is teaching that suffering must be embraced in order to obtain the glory that the Father has bestowed upon Jesus.

Rom. 8:18 - the sufferings of the present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. We thus have hope that any sufferings we or others endure, no matter how difficult, will pale in comparison to the life of eternal bliss that awaits us.

1 Cor. 1:23- Paul preaches a Christ crucified, not just risen. Catholic spirituality focuses on the sacrifice of Christ which is the only means to the resurrection.

1 Cor. 2:2 - Paul preaches Jesus Christ and Him crucified. While the cross was the scandal of scandals, and is viewed by the non-Christian eye as defeat, Catholic spirituality has always exalted the paradox of the cross as the true tree of life and our means to salvation.

2 Cor. 1:5-7- if we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort as well. If we unite our sufferings with His, we will be comforted by Him.

2 Cor. 4:10 – Paul writes that we always carry in the body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. Christ has allowed room in His Body for our sufferings, and our sufferings allow room for Christ to bring us to life.

2 Cor. 4:11 - while we live we are always being given up to death for Jesus' sake so that His life may be manifested in our flesh. This proves the Catholic position that our sufferings on earth are united with Jesus in order to bring about Jesus' life in us.

2 Cor. 12:9-10 - Jesus' grace is sufficient, for His power is made perfect in weakness. If we are weak, we are strong in Christ. Our self-sufficiency decreases, so Christ in us can increase.

Eph. 3:13 - Do not to lose heart over my sufferings for your glory. Our suffering also benefits others in the mystical body of Christ.

Phil. 1:29 - for the sake of Christ we are not only to believe in Him but also to suffer for His sake. Growing in holiness requires more than having faith in God and accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. We must also willfully embrace the suffering that befalls us as part of God's plan. Thus, Christ does not want our faith alone, but our faith in action which includes faith in suffering.

Phil. 3:10 - Paul desires to share in Christ's sufferings in order to obtain the resurrection. Paul recognizes the efficacy of suffering as a means of obtaining holiness which leads to resurrection and eternal life. There is no Easter Sunday without Good Friday.

Col. 1:24 - Paul rejoices in his sufferings and completes what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of His body. This proves the Catholic position regarding the efficacy of suffering. Is there something lacking in Christ's sufferings? Of course not. But because Jesus loves us so much, He allows us to participate in His redemptive suffering by leaving room in His mystical body for our own suf

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join