It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...Watch 2012 threads getting out of hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All these "whatever watch 2012" threads are starting to get out of hand if you ask me. So far ive seen

Hurricane watch 2012,
Tornado Watch 2012,
Volcano watch 2012,
Quake Watch 2012,
Flu watch 2012,
N5H1 watch 2012 ,
Sun Watch 2012
Solar Activity Watch 2012
Riot Watch 2012,
Bunker-watch 2012
Southern Hurricane/Cyclone/Typhoon Watch 2011-2012

and its only the Jan 2nd !

Seems like members are just trying to grab all the glory on each subject.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
watch how this site is going to explode after august with doom and gloom threads...all building up to the Dec 2012 event...its going to get really funny in here

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Dang it,all the good ones are taken.
Hey,wait,I didn't see one for near earth objects watch 2012,or NEO Watch 2012.
Got to go get it started before someone takes it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The first 4 on the list are recurring, yearly threads.

But, I do understand what you are getting at and I *Hope that the majority of the 2012 topics will continue to be confined to the 2012 forum, which can then be "hidden" if it becomes overwhelming. Cheers and Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

How about UFO watch 2012 , Politics watch 2012, Terrorist watch 2012 , Technology watch 2012 ,Hacking watch 2012 and Conspiracy watch 2012?

Then theres sure to be nothing left

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

The first 4 on the list are recurring, yearly threads.

But, I do understand what you are getting at and I *Hope that the majority of the 2012 topics will continue to be confined to the 2012 forum, which can then be "hidden" if it becomes overwhelming. Cheers and Happy New Year.

Sure but i noticed some of them started the 2012 versions in December just so no one else could take the spot.

Happy New Year to you.
edit on 2-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I think I am going to start a thread that watches all of the other threads.
It is a shallow way to get flags from people who actually think they have some value.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am planning a survivors party Dec 31st 2012

And if you run into anyone that truly believes the world will end... ask them if they have quit there jobs and sold their belongings

If they haven't ask them why not and you get to call them a hypocrite

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

exactly - if i was utterly convinced the world would end in dec 2012 - i would liquidate everything and go on my idea of a round the world extravaganza

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

yeah - its getting crazy - and its going to get worse

we need a swiss watch 2012 too
- no not a rolex [ though i would like one] , a thread monitoring the " infamous" ` gnomes of zurich` , keep an eye on those loittle buggers and all will be clear as mud - simples
[ as a rolex automatic movement ]

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What curious creatures we are...

We fear death, yet engage in as must risk as we can to skirt the edges of it.

We hate confrontation, yet do as much as we can to provoke wars, fights, divorce.

We don't want the apocalypse to happen, yet we'll do all we can to ensure this self-fulfilling prophecy happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
All these "whatever watch 2012" threads are starting to get out of hand if you ask me.

One to add to your list... the BEST one

2012 Count down to Doomsday
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

And if you run into anyone that truly believes the world will end... ask them if they have quit there jobs and sold their belongings

If they haven't ask them why not and you get to call them a hypocrite

Not sure what would be the gain in selling all your things, that would just leave you with money - of all the worthless things. If I were sure of an end-of-the-world scenario I think I would want to be comfortable up to the end. I too plan a big fiesta all through the 21 December time frame well on into 2013, in fact the party may never stop.

Of all I can tell of a globalist takeover there already has been a few deadlines crossed. Perhaps what is left now is to convince as many as possible that there is a coming cataclysm so they will quit their jobs - giving others a chance to take over their positions, sell all their assets - leaving them bare and ripe for a takeover, and put them on a spending spree of wild abandon. That would be sure to set them up for globalism, their assets now in cash and minerals which could be manipulated.

No, if one wants to capture the world's riches their best move would likely be to create 2012 threads and build up their stock of ATS flags and stars, the only thing likely to be of any value after TSHTF.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Roasting anything on a spit?

Because you'd have to ask them, thus they'd at least need to keep some kind of communication device or if indeed they must be met in person because they gave all that up, I suppose they'd need clothes that belong to them.

So, anyone that doesn't meet in person in the nude after 2012 is a hypocrite.

(Do tatoos count as posessions? Dental fillings? Eyeglasses? Penile implants?)

edit on 1/3/2012 by The1Prettiest1One because: Fixum da quotes

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Dang. was going to start;
Colon Watch 2012
GaGa Watch 2012
Ear Hair Watch 2012
and
Phlegm Watch 2012

I'm old.

So also add
Get Off My Damned Lawn Watch 2012

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
to be fair.....this is a conspiracy site......what do you expect.....
2012.....we are all going to be ok...or
2012.....all is well.....
we are all on a conspiracy site.....we revel in lies and truth.....truth hunting and truth hiding......how do you expect them to stay away from the subject.....or for that matter stick to any one version of things to come and not speak their own......some people come to this site especially for this 2012 stuff.....its normal

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

I dont think that these threads have anything to do with the 2012 "end of the world" prophecy. I think they are just attempts to grab all the attention on a certain subject for an entire year. Its just members trying to get large amounts of flags and stars with their self proclaimed 'official' threads.

Its not just been happening this year, some of these 'watch' threads have been running for a few years. The fact that this year is 2012 is just a coincidence.

edit on 3-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Truth be told it is only going to get worse until December 21st comes and goes.

You will see spikes when we are 6 months away, 1 month a way, 1 week away and the day before.

Not much can be done about these threads unless they violate the T&C.

Just wait for the day after.There will be a million threads that pop up with people saying "Haha it didn't happen".

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How about this one ?
(soon to be: RADIATION WATCH 2012)

RADIATION WATCH 2011

[color=Cyan]The total number of days between Friday, March 11, 2011 and Saturday, December 31, 2011 is 295 days.

[color=FDD017]The radiation poisoning of we, the people, our children, pets, food, water and our land
has continued unabated - 24/7/365
[color=Chartreuse]
- for 8 months, 29 days ... which is:

• 25,488,000 seconds
• 424,800 minutes
• 7,080 hours
• 42 weeks (rounded down)

One again, are we any closer to a solution to the Fukushima multiple melt-throughs disaster/fiasco spewing life-altering clouds of radiation 24/7/365

[color=00FFF]Have a blessed

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

new topics

join