It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - US Soldiers blow up Dog just for fun!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
In this video you'll see how US Soldiers in Iraq blow up a dog just for some giggles!!

*GRAPHIC*

Link
www.liveleak.com...

This is beyond disgusting!!

Job well done over there!!
The trillions $ are well spent.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

So you twisted something completely out of context just so you could trash American military members, huh?

It just makes some of you feel so good about yourself to jump on the anti-military bandwagon that you don’t even question the motive of such a video! You should be ashamed, and all of you that chimed in and condemned the military without any facts should be ashamed too.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by Destinyone

As i just stated i dont know. A solution is not going to be found by one person, with little education, on a website. The solution can be intiated by that person though, and with help maybe a solution can be found. Instead of just writing off a problem as unsolvable after a mere 15 mins pondering it, maybe thinking about how it can be achieved would be more beneficial.

I donated money to the group of volunteers who were collecting abandoned pets in Fukushima Japan, after the EQ and tsunami that ravaged that Country. I did so, because they were *pets* that people could not take with them when they had to evacuate their homes. A tsunami doesn't give you much time to gather things and run. Also, a lot of those *pets* lost their owners to death.

The reason I sent money to assist the effort is because...there were people lined up to take in those *pets*, and in a lot of cases they were reunited with their families.

Iraq is over run with feral animals. They are not *pets*....they are breeding and starving and carry deceases.

Humanely putting them down is the only solution for right now. jmoho
edit on 2-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thats not a solution. Thats great you send money. And someone at some point came up with the idea for that foundation. And had help from others to get it going. Now look at the good its doing. Doing the same for Iraq is hardly impossible.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

There are many stories similar to yours. Unfortunately, those uplifting and caring deeds are typically overlooked, especially when they do not fit the prevailing bias...
edit on 2-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thats not a solution. Thats great you send money. And someone at some point came up with the idea for that foundation. And had help from others to get it going. Now look at the good its doing. Doing the same for Iraq is hardly impossible.

It only worked in Japan...because they had homes for the dogs. Who do you know who will take in a feral dog.

Do you even know what feral means...

American Heritage Dictionary:
fe·ral
Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary
(fîr'əl, fĕr'-) pronunciation
adj.

Existing in a wild or untamed state.
Having returned to an untamed state from domestication.
Of or suggestive of a wild animal; savage: a feral grin.

[From Latin fera, wild animal, from ferus, wild.]

Read more: www.answers.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I like animals and have pets. But when terrorists do the same thing shown in this video to innocent people, people here show less outrage. Just my initial reaction.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Dogs can be trained. How are you not seeing this as possible? If you dont believe thats fine. People that dont believe can never achieve anything great.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
I like animals and have pets. But when terrorists do the same thing shown in this video to innocent people, people here show less outrage. Just my initial reaction.

Save your reaction for another time.

These hero's are coming home to you soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Dogs can be trained. How are you not seeing this as possible? If you dont believe thats fine. People that dont believe can never achieve anything great.

Then let's all pool our money together and send Caesar Milan to Iraq....

Hundreds of thousands of *feral* dogs to train. Just remember...you gotta catch them first. Then feed them, shelter them, provide vet care...all during that easy to do training you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't really see a problem with killing feral animals given the problems they cause, but this seems to be about more than that. The enjoyment they got out of it is the problem not the fact the dog died.

Its also not a very humane way to kill them, what if the explosion didn't kill the dog? It would lay there and burn to death? Shoot it in the head from a distance seems better.

Training them? That is ridiculous I can't believe someone suggested that. Training feral animals would be an extremely daunting task with as much if not more failure than success.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

In a word, NO. I will not "save " my opinion to gratify you. You have been here a week, know your station.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It appears they have made that choice - did you read the article? 1 million feral animals targeted, an Iraqi solution to an Iraqi problem, supported by the Iraqi people... I'm certain there are other sources, should you be interested in searching for them.

edit on 2-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I doubt using explosives is the safest option, in the video it is plainly seen that there are civilians in the area... Did the Americans blame the insurgents for the bomb that they planted?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Hellas

It was an IED being detonated and this video is old and has been rehashed over and over again to deface the U.S., just like how you're doing now.

Yes its cruel and uncalled for, even though dogs in Iraq are known to carry disease.

What a stupid, stupid reply. No matter how many times this video is posted it is still wrong and nothing will justify it. Rehashed or not, it IS wrong and it does deface the US military.

And yea, lets blow up everyone sick as well, going by that ugly logic of yours.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If a certain group of Muslims didnt blow up 3000 Americans, this dog may have lived. I never planted an IED. My dog never got blown up. Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The intention of that controled detonation was not to kill, or even maim a single living thing. It was a route clearance mission, and EOD was detonating a road side bomb, ie IED that was emplaced by AQIZ.

How do I know you wonder, because I was in Iraq and know those guys.
Also for the record, those dogs were horribly infested with mange and starving.I'm not condoning what occurred,but the timer had already been counted down and soldiers life one whom is willing to fight for stangers in another country is worth more than a slowly dieing animals.

If you feel otherwise, you go to Iraq and help rebuild schools bring food and clean water to them, because that's what we were doing.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Teams of veterinarians and police shooters have killed some 58,000 stray dogs in and around the Iraqi capital over the past three months as part of a campaign to curb an increasing number of strays blamed for attacks on residents.

The Baghdad provincial government said in a statement released Sunday that 20 teams have been moving around Baghdad and the outer-lying districts daily looking for and putting down the dogs. The operation, which was first announced in late 2008, only truly took off this April after funds were allocated for the project.

The surge in strays — estimated by provincial officials to number around 1.25 million — is ironically linked to what officials say is an improvement in some elements of daily life in Baghdad, a city that for seven years has been struggling to return to normalcy after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion to topple Saddam Hussein..

www.salon.com/2010/07/12/ml_iraq_stray_dogs/

I really hate american bashing threads

Why don't all of you animal activists adopt 70,000 dogs?

I have animals, but damn man.................

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good work America, your doing a great job at killing millions of innocents in Iraq and Afghanistan. Torturing poor people in Abu Ghraib and then smile while taking a photo over their mangled bodies. Good work with the kill teams and murdering innocents in their own homes. Oh those nasty 'terrorists' killed 3,000 of our people so we'll just go and kill 1.5 million of their people and we'll be even. The mass rape of Iraqi women and young girls. Killing of innocent men and children then putting weapons on their corpses and claiming they were 'terrorists'.
Thankyou America you make this world so much better, the illegal invasions were absolutely needed so as to keep everyone so much safer.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
edit on 1/2/12 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Um, okay, this post totally avenges the exploded dog. (which would be an excellent band name BTW
)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join