It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - US Soldiers blow up Dog just for fun!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by LadySkadi

Hmm interesting seems even the animals didnt want ua there. Killing is not a solution, even though the government/military seem to thnk so. Has not solved anything yet.

What do you suggest? there are toooooooo many dangerous diseased dogs roaming around. The Iraqis will do NOTHING to help them. They are not pets there! there are no vets there to help these animals. The dogs are dangerous to humans and healthy animals!!

are you going to rescue them?

look, im a chic...i LOVE animals. i cry when i see them hurt. but the humane thing to do is to kill the ones who are diseased and a danger....which is the majority of them. otherwise they are starving and attacking kids and everyone one else!

what is the solution if you want to keep these animals alive and wander the streets?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Clisen33

Lol guess every human carrying a disease is fair game for being blown up :3 thanks for clarifying. Animals have more right to live then humans. They dont destroy anything and everything.

Problem is that there are no vets there to take care for the sick dogs with the needed antibiotics etc. I don't think you would take a chance with a mangy looking dog walking to you in an aggressively manner, just like you would to a human in he same condition. Look, I'm not condoning the laughing matter of the soldiers, it's very unprofessional.

I can link TONS of videos from liveleak showing worse things in Syria going on right now, but no one would care because the U.S. is not involved.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It looks like a controlled explosion by a team, and it's hard from that view to know exactly what happened to the dog. However the humour is sick no matter what. The video doesn't make the laughers look bad, they do that all on their own.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Cheers

Posted (six) on June-14-2008

www.justsick.../2008/explosions/animal-cruelty-in-iraq-as-soldiers-blow-up-a-dog/

or if you can't be arsed to mess around sorting that link

preview.tinyurl.com...
edit on 2-1-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Propaganda
edit on 2-1-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That is a fact and i admit that, however the part post Justified the Death of Animals in such a way that i found quite degrading given the Topic of the OP, a Downplay of the topic so to speak.

I agree with your response as well but the truth wasn't what a had a problem with

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If the Iraqi's were so behind the killing of dogs, why didnt they do it themselves? What was stopping them blowing up and shooting their own dogs?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
dog snout smelleth,
kenny seeketh,
find me.

i can win all wars with one mound of canine snout.
save me and yours is the kingdom.
ignore me and no snout shall findeth thine enemy, for they are quick to steal.
who amongst you is a king.
would you ever make a king of a theif that stole my brain.
yet one snout is my friend in this, my kingdom.
help me.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It appears they have made that choice - did you read the article? 1 million feral animals targeted, an Iraqi solution to an Iraqi problem, supported by the Iraqi people... I'm certain there are other sources, should you be interested in searching for them.

edit on 2-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

And in Tibet, i believe, there is a government program to neuter the dogs, to stop over population. Whats one more shot to help these animals? Maybe our government needs to start a program to put down americans with diseases. And maybe we can then move onto physical defects, then mental. Hell why dont we just put down everyone who doesnt have blonde hair and blue eyes
best part is our government can tell other countries this is what we want. Because we all know our government doesnt lie. Forgive me for being one sided on killing. Ill start thinking less and acting more, ill join your side.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

This about reality in Iraq for abandoned and/or feral animals who are potentially diseased and dangerous and the attitudes of the people living with this situation.

edit on 2-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

That is a fact and i admit that, however the part post Justified the Death of Animals in such a way that i found quite degrading given the Topic of the OP, a Downplay of the topic so to speak.

I agree with your response as well but the truth wasn't what a had a problem with

well, i could agree with that. there are probably better ways of disposing of these animals.

but fact is, they need to be disposed of. it is a very very sad reality. but here in america and other civilized countries, dogs are pets. there, they are not. and they are very dangerous because of this fact.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

And in Tibet, i believe, there is a government program to neuter the dogs, to stop over population. Whats one more shot to help these animals? Maybe our government needs to start a program to put down americans with diseases. And maybe we can then move onto physical defects, then mental. Hell why dont we just put down everyone who doesnt have blonde hair and blue eyes
best part is our government can tell other countries this is what we want. Because we all know our government doesnt lie. Forgive me for being one sided on killing. Ill start thinking less and acting more, ill join your side.

Better yet...you can join PETA...start your own chapter, go to Iraq, and deal with the problem of feral dogs yourself.

I'm sure PETA will give you the millions of dollars to accomplish that. No?????

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am sure more educated teams of people could find a solution. We are not stupid club carrying apes. We can find a solution. Sorry i dont have one because i havent put up much effort to help them because i have zero influence. Zero money. Maybe round them up? Maybe start a foundation. I dont know. I dont know the condition of Iraq. And i cant trust the american news about iraq, if i did then i would picture iraq as a desert full of terrorists. A solution. Instead of blowing up the country we can help better it. Spend nearly a trilion dollars to fix them up, make them not hate us. Thats the solution. But it wont happen because there is no profit.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I agree, Possibly a little bit more of a humane death if at all possible though ofc

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I am sure more educated teams of people could find a solution. We are not stupid club carrying apes. We can find a solution. Sorry i dont have one because i havent put up much effort to help them because i have zero influence. Zero money. Maybe round them up? Maybe start a foundation. I dont know. I dont know the condition of Iraq. And i cant trust the american news about iraq, if i did then i would picture iraq as a desert full of terrorists. A solution. Instead of blowing up the country we can help better it. Spend nearly a trilion dollars to fix them up, make them not hate us. Thats the solution. But it wont happen because there is no profit.

Then who do you think will be assigned the role of protecting you, and the people who would be rounding them up.

Who would provide the medical teams needed for these poor sick and starving animals. Who would pay for the food.

Do you see the insurmountable situation here. Now, do you see why the program that is in place now, is there.

They are doing the most cost effective, humane thing they can do, given the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

"civilized countries" most ignorant comment ive heard all day. Its sad when this site ia for open minded individuals, but god forbid someone go against the norm and everyone attacks them till they conform. Your right the way things are right now are perfect. There are no solutions to any of our problems. And lets shoot anyone who decides to brainstorm.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Playing the devil's advocate here, it seems the dudes with the camera in the humvee had nothing at all to do with the explosion. It would seem they were security for a bomb unit clearing an IED with explosives and the dog stumbled into the area. I don't condone going through with the explosion while the dog was there and I absolutely don't condone the sick humor the soldiers and the humvee got out of this. But it does not seem to me that this explosion was done "for fun". The sick #s in the humvee had fun, but they were secondary to the event
edit on 2-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

As i just stated i dont know. A solution is not going to be found by one person, with little education, on a website. The solution can be intiated by that person though, and with help maybe a solution can be found. Instead of just writing off a problem as unsolvable after a mere 15 mins pondering it, maybe thinking about how it can be achieved would be more beneficial.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
it's a known fact that this kind of behavior is psychopathic

in so called "civilized" countries this kind of behavior usually manifests in late childhood and early teens usually in the form of setting cats, dogs, and eventually homeless people on fire.

this has nothing at all to do with feral dogs or hygiene/eradication programs.

as the use of explosives clearly indicates

am amazed that some [usually more intelligent] posters would bring such a non-sequiter into the discussion,

as if implying this was okay because doggie was sick and local humans, unconcerned, with the diseases they are spreading, decide that doggie is okay with being put down, because it was a crappy life anyway, and humans know best.

still hung over i suppose

edit on 2-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As others have said, they run wild and are not domesticated there. This was a fairly common occurrence, but I never understood the fascination with killing them unless it was absolutely pertinent at the time.

If it makes anyone feel better, while occupying an outpost my unit "adopted" some puppies and took great care of them while we were there, here's one photo of said non blown up puppies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join