It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - US Soldiers blow up Dog just for fun!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hammanderr

My point is the dog wasnt killed for food, it was killed for entertainment, can you not see the difference

Im saying that killing for entertainment, is to me a complete waste of a life, if some one blew up a sheep or a cow for no reason other than for a laugh i would be saying the same things.

Sorry u want me to harden up because i think the pointless killing of animals is wrong?? Im entitled to my opinion, if the dog was killing sheep or livestock theres a reason to kill it, but because you think its funny is not a real reason. Any way i better go grow that pair and go stomp on some kittens and strap some fire works to dogs

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Of course..

Abu Ghraib, raping little girls, killing families and detonating dogs just happened once, so everything is cool

You must hate Muslims then, with your logic.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not even surprised really. Been going on my American troops for a few years now, Humans also. Sick Bastards. America is going to fek this planet up. Come on Russia or China and put these assholes in charge of the USA in thier place. Sick, Sick Sick people. I am sure the 99% are ok. just the 1%

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Hellas

,even though dogs in Iraq are known to carry disease.

This part of your post i quite frankly despise.

Why? It is fact. There is an epidimic of dying and diseased dogs there....there are no vets to help them....and they are dangerous roaming the streets....the dogs need to be killed because they cannot be helped...it is humane for the healthy animals and for humans that live there.

Read....please:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

The two strays were among the thousands that roam the streets of Baghdad. Authorities have been killing them since November, trying to prevent the spread of disease and attacks on residents

edit on January 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

AWAY AND HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELF..YOU TRYING TO DEFEND THIS?
Or am I reading this wrong.

If this is the case, kill them more humanly than this.

OMG...........

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Those who find this amusing and funny should realize at a distance many of you are no more or less than dogs to one of these. If you think there are not people in our US Military who would blow you away just like this poor animal, just wait, it looks like Ron Paul will not be elected and the worst is still coming full steam ahead.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

No, honestly there is a shortage of veterinary personnel, supplies, and time to tranquilize every single dog. I would love for that to be doable, but it's not so dogs are often shot. This isn't a Michael Vick case involving drowning, hanging, or electrocution. A rocket blast would instantly kill the animal, so while it is very bloody the dog won't linger in pain. There have been several cases of those dogs attack people, and since they are feral they have never had shots and stand a good chance of carrying rabies. These aren't pets with the exception of some Sage Kuchi's that are kept specifically to be highly aggressive guard dogs. Most dogs are reviled as unclean so many live and act feral.
edit on 4/1/12 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Manhater
Not even watching the video. Poor thing.

I swear anybody who hurts a defenseless animal, should be put to sleep.
So furious that words can not express. I hate people who abuse animals.

Ugh, to those soldiers, like seriously, what did the animal do to you to deserve such a harsh cruel treatment?....

agh.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)
Like I say, these "people" are bred to kill, they've been warped and manipulated to use deadly force whenever they can, and they get off on it. They are sick and twisted people, but our military are run by sick and twisted people, so this should be no supprise.

Bred to kill? That's ludicrous. You cannot turn someone into a robot no matter how much you train them. Unless you're one of the small number of sociopaths in the world you cannot be trained to lose feeling. I was a Marine. I am also a pacifist and a vegetarian. Not exactly an optimal result when you're attempting to brainwash someone.

Most of you are hypocrites about this. Do you realize the suffering, fear, and all around torture animals endure to meet society's needs? After a filthy, cramped, and disease ridden raising period they are sent to slaughterhouses. Pigs and cows are often improperly stunned so that they are often conscious when their throat is cut. This isn't always done correctly, and so you can find many videos of those animals being rendered alive. By rendering I mean have limbs cut off, dipped in scalding tanks, and skinning.

Poultry do not have any protections against cruelty in slaughter. When they are born their beaks are sliced off so they don't peck each other to death from the stress of their confinement. They are rounded up into open air trucks with no shelter, food, or water. They are hung upside down on a kill line, and have their throats slit by a machine.

The cows we mostly use for leather are predominately raised and processed in India. They face what is essentially a death march, are beaten and tortured to keep moving when they collapse from exhaustion, and suffer painful slaughter. Dairy cows are bred to have unmanageably large udders to it is painful to move. They don't do much of that anyway, and spend their entire milking years chained in confined and filthy space. They are rebred so often that they wear out after 4-6 years, and are sent to slaughter.

The commercial fishing industry not only depletes fisheries, but also kills countless unusable animals such a dolphins.

Purebred dogs are notoriously unhealthy due to rampant inbreeding, and seeking physically harmful standards. Bulldogs can't breed or birth normally, and are at risk for suffocation when put under stress because their face is so flab. Dalmations are riddled with blindness, deafness, and neurosis. Great Danes are at a incredibly high risk for intestinal complications because their frames are too big for their insides. Dachshunds have severe back problems, and many have subpar bladder control.

99% of meat production utilizes factory farming. This contributes to world hunger since so much growing space is taken up for animal feed. The majority of corn and soybeans produced in America do not go to human consumption, and instead are given to livestock. The confined space makes waste removal difficult so there are often toxic animal waste pools near farms that are a mixture of all manner of noxious chemicals. The North Carolina hog industry has damage many lakes and rivers when hurricanes either raise the water above the levee or collapse it altogether. The can end up in the ocean and cause massive algae blooms, and collapses ecosystems.

I think if I had a choice to either be blown up by a rocket or live the lives of production animals I would gladly request the RPG. Clearly most of the posters here are as guilty as that soldier, but at least the soldier can face what he's done (and also vouch form minimal suffering.) The average consumer cannot.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL

Originally posted by milkyway12
Actually this video was an IED being detonated. You dont go out there and remove the dog. You also cant let a Dog hold you up ... the longer you sit still the more dangerous it gets. They also can not shoot at the dog to force him to move because of Fire Discipline ..... not a whole lot that could have been done.

Sorry Animal rights people. Humans come first. Not a whole lot could have been done for that dog.

These dogs are disease HQs ... very rarely will you see a dog like here in America over there.

We could gtfo and they wouldn't be placing Ied's in the first place..Just saying..

U

Then organize to vote someone in who will take us out of there. Most of the military are between the ages of 17-22, and most have never even been able to vote before they enlisted. The military does not make public policy, nor does it choose to go to war. That rests firmly on the politicians who write the orders, and by extension the citizens who elected them. If you asked those guys where they'd rather be they would tell you 'home' in a heartbeat. They are deployed because that is what the citizenry wants since it elected officials who sent/keep us there.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alythea
reply to post by dadgad

I completely agree. I am not trying to say that all men and women who serve are this way, but the majority that I have seen are basically playing a real life video game over there. Its insane to think that most of the soldiers from WWII were younger than these tools.

The soldiers in WWII did the exact same thing, but in those days nobody had camera phones or YouTube to make videos. The propaganda officials ensured nothing negative ever made it out of the battlefield. That mentality is something all soldiers experience. There is fear and hesitation of course, and most of the guys experience that nowadays as well. There has to be a cognitive dissonance in combat in order for you to function effectively. Gallows humor is a large part of this. Nurses, firemen, morticians, EMTs, etc all do the same thing. It's a natural human reaction to living in difficult circumstances.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spokaneman1983
reply to post by Clisen33

Regardless of the fact that the dog situation may be a problem, is it fiscally responsible to spend the amount of money an IED costs the American taxpayers to kill a dog? If that is the case, then why are we not bombing racoons here in the USA?

Wouldn't it be just as economically feasible (considering the amount we spend to blow a dog up) to set up a office for animal control? Put the dogs to sleep or even a bullet would be cheap. Financially I don't see how blowing them up makes much sense.

They weren't targeting the dog, the dog wandering into the lethal zone after the fire sequence was initiated. And tbh I think it definitely had to have bothered those guys. People like animals, and soldiers are no exception. This becomes apparent when you look at all the different strays that have been adopted by different units when deployed. Whenever the Marine doghandlers exercised their security, bomb sniffing, or drug sniffing dogs there was always a line to play with them.

Many of those animals have been sent back to the States at the soldier's own expense, and at risk of legal proceedings since we are officially barred from handling animals that aren't working dogs. One of the more memorable cases was a donkey named Tobacco in Iraq. The OIC stepped in to designate him as a therapeutic service animal so he could be kept on base, and was eventually brought back to the States. There are similar stories involving countless dogs, cats, and even a bird or two.

On my second deployment we had a cat as a sort of tent mascot. It took him a while to warm up to us, but eventually he became friendly enough to handle. Our tent was raised slightly above the ground, so he lives under walkway, and would kill any vermin that hung around. We fed him, petted him, and even has some family send us treats and toys. The Corpsman (medic) in our tent helped us get vaccinations for him on the sly.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Thats why i eat free range

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames
reply to post by Equidae

Thats why i eat free range

Thank you! I became vegetarian because I did not want to take life unless I absolutely have to (such as in combat.) Otherwise, I have no interest in killing something for some tasty food, a jacket, or amusement (I also refuse to patronize circuses, rodeos, and roadside menageries.) One thing that always got me in these debates was how everyone was so up in arms about the dog, but they could care less if a cow suffered terribly for their Big Mac. Or let a child in a third world country starve so we wouldn't have to give up any room to cultivate something other than animal feed. If America suddenly stopped meat consumption (and the associated feed growing) then we would be able to prevent hunger in a quarter to half of the world population living beneath the poverty line.

Just be sure to look into the company. Free range have some very flexible interpretations. Many 'free range' chickens are provided with a tiny dirt pen that attaches to the side of the sheds. They almost never utilize them since they've never known true sunlight or been outdoors at all. Even if they did use them, the space is so paltry it is laughable. Free range also does not guarantee human slaughtering methods, or environmentally friendly practices.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Yes its cruel and uncalled for, even though dogs in Iraq are known to carry disease......... I don't think it matters how atrocious war is and this would have to be on the lower scale of what happens everyday in conflict. You will always get people who justify and make excuses for what we/they do to each other. Sad how civilised we are yet we can behave like bloodthirsty animals given the right/wrong situation and positive affirmation from ones peers.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
For decades, the US government and the people (to an extent) have actively endorsed a war-for-profit industry, a state of constant war, but what they dont understand is the effect on the morality of a nation: torture, NDAA, warrantless spying, secret prisons, renditions, mass murder, senseless killing, no value for living things as demonstrated in the video.

Maybe Americans will begin to understand once the tyranny is fully realized.

edit on 4-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Thats commendable!!! I really only eat fish and free range poultry as i think they are a important addition to ones diet.
It sounds as though you may have studied environmental science? because thats so true about the amount of land used to graze livestock instead of more efficient food production, not too mention all the fossil fuels used in cultivation of land, harvesting of crops, and the effects of fertilizers and pesticides on the land. Most of the factory farmed stuff is pumped full of hormones..

To me its not so much the fact that the dog was killed it was the fact it was meant to be done for amusement and then this was being justified in all sorts of ways.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames
reply to post by Equidae

Thats commendable!!! I really only eat fish and free range poultry as i think they are a important addition to ones diet.
It sounds as though you may have studied environmental science? because thats so true about the amount of land used to graze livestock instead of more efficient food production, not too mention all the fossil fuels used in cultivation of land, harvesting of crops, and the effects of fertilizers and pesticides on the land. Most of the factory farmed stuff is pumped full of hormones..

To me its not so much the fact that the dog was killed it was the fact it was meant to be done for amusement and then this was being justified in all sorts of ways.

I am currently a biology major, but I came to my conclusion several years ago by just reading all sorts of things. Becoming an atheist influenced it, and also the morality of using a creature that is at our mercy. It's was quite a shift in worldview because I grew up hunting, fishing, and competing in rodeos.

They sounded amused, but honestly that's the only way you can really react in that sort of situation. They didn't intend to kill it, but these sort of things either make you laugh or cry. It's much better to laugh that fall into a depressed stupor. It's a common trait in most fields that involve death or trauma. Nurses, Doctors, EMTs, policemen, firemen, morticians, etc all have some very colorful things to say or joke about. They don't do it around patients for obvious reasons, but you cannot maintain the necessary cognitive dissonance. You can't change what has happened, and getting very emotional about it will only distract you from the job you need to do.

One of my Navy friends had a huge problem with this. He was very intelligent, friendly, and empathetic. Unfortunately he would becoming way too involved, and he struggled with his duties as a medic. Investing that much into someone else you have to care for or fight leads to mistakes from nerves.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

I for one am proud of you as a human being who has adopted that lifestyle over the one your were conditioned to live. I like many find it hard to shake the conditioning but would love to one day say i personally don't exploit animals or support others who exploit them for my benefit. Its quite strange how right and normal we can interpret things due to they way we were brought up that clearly aren't right or normal at all..... Even animals aside, i personally still upgrade my car and flat screen often without a thought for the 900million people that don't have fresh water to drink, although i do think about it often afterwards and question myself.
edit on 4-1-2012 by kickstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think you're being more than a little unfair to the military, and especially the police in the graphic you posted. Police brutality is reprehensible, but most police beatings occur after the occupant had done something extremely dangerous. Whether it's a high speed chase, running from the police, etc these people behaved recklessly. It's not like there's an epidemic of police officer doing a flying tackle at some girl scouts minding their own business. How would you feel if your family or friends were hurt or killed by a speeding driver?

The Rodney King case really irks me: he led police on a dangerous high speed chase while he was high as a kite on crack. Subduing someone as large as him is difficult enough, but when they are on a strong upper such as meth or crack then it is nearly impossible. They don't respond to pain, and they are incredibly strong. A couple whacks with the baton and a taser aren't going to stop someone in that situation.

Unless it is a truly horrible beating then I have no sympathy for someone who shows a selfish disregard for others all because they want to put off jail for another hour or two. I was misidentified by the cops one time, and had to go to the station for a little bit before they sorted it out. Yeah, it was inconvenient and I was innocent. But that's not worth driving like you're in one giant demolition derby.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickstart
reply to post by Equidae

I for one am proud of you as a human being who has adopted that lifestyle over the one your were conditioned to live. I like many find it hard to shake the conditioning but would love to one day say i personally don't exploit animals or support others who exploit them for my benefit. Its quite strange how right and normal we can interpret things due to they way we were brought up that clearly aren't right or normal at all..... Even animals aside, i personally still upgrade my car and flat screen often without a thought for the 900million people that don't have fresh water to drink, although i do think about it often afterwards and question myself.
edit on 4-1-2012 by kickstart because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I've always been a very logically minded person, and all around knowledge junkie. When I find irrefutable evidence that what I've accepted was wrong then I have to change accordingly (and for some reason am able to always do it cold turkey.) That's what happened with my vegetarianism, pacifism, atheism, etc. The tradeoff is I am not creative at all. Poetry and that sort of thing completely go over my head.

We all end up doing things like upgrading the flatscreen or vehicle. It's human nature. Plus it can be difficult to act ethically since many times you don't have alternate options. The war in the Congo is mainly over control of rare metals that are essential to any sort of electronic gadget. Most of the world supply is in the Congo. So factions use all sorts of ways to maintain control such as using murder, torture, and rape as a weapon. You end up at least partially supporting what's happening because there isn't a clear way determine where/how the metal in your smartphone or laptop was mined at.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Wow.. Just wow, that's all I can say.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join