It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - US Soldiers blow up Dog just for fun!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The fact those soldiers found blowing some dog up funny is disturbing. What's even more disturbing is, what else do they laugh about over there.

There was another video a few years back where a puppy was thrown off a cliff which was equally disturbing.

These soldiers probably find it humorous to shoot a pregnant woman in crossfire. Maybe not but when you see videos like this you can only wonder.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A video has emerged online that appears to show some American troops blowing up a dog-for fun On the footage, which surfaced two days ago, soldiers can be heard- off camera- laughing as the animal approaches a trap-apparently set up by themselves. The men chortle as they spot the hapless creature wandering in what appears to be a bombed out street.

ok so where does it say that its definate they blew up the dog??? it doesnt it says it ''APPEARS TO SHOW AMERICAN TROOPS BLOWING UP A DOG'' its just a video someone was filming for all we know that dog stood on a pressure plate IED, everybody knows what the medias like they do love a good story, if they did actually blow it i dont condone it but they should of shot it, i myself have shot loads and loads of dogs in iraq you have to the disease they carry isnt pretty and when they are hanging around just outside were you eat well it speaks for itself.

just dont come to conclusions that the americans actually set up a trap because i very much doubt that anybody can get hold of i video and describe it as something its not, i would take with a pinch of salt.

lets face it most people would probably more outraged by seeing a dog shot through its head with a shotgun (exactly what i had to do) and if there was a video of me doing that the video doesnt explain why???

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nexevo

These soldiers are combat soldiers under the stresses and strains of war have you ever experienced that?? if you had you would know you need to laugh to keep sain.

i remember my first contact in iraq gues what the first thing i did was............................i laughed because i was scared it was my way of showing what i was feeling.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Although disturbing, you cant judge all soldiers by the acts of the few. Amazing of the hypocrisy of ATS posters. If you judge all soldiers/police by the act of the few, than ill judge all occupy protesters by their few, and say all of them are druggies, rapists, and cop-stabbers.

To add to this, dont judge someone whos overseas risking their lives for the people of their country, while youre sitting in a chair watching videos.
edit on 3-1-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
reply to post by Hellas

Most people look down at the military and see "these people" as less-smart or not as good as themselves. Unfortunately, actions like these reinforce this notion within the minds of these self-superior types (I didn't watch it). These are regular guys and girls who have been dehumanized after 6, 7, 9 deployments. They see blood and guts mostly everyday. They see the worse in mankind while we sit her cruising the internet, watching TV and eating pizza then we expect them to return and get jobs, not totally freakout and shoot people at parties, kill a Park Ranger and walk into neck high snow and freeze themselves to death. Good luck with that.

Dude, I am one of these "not watching" it people, and I was against this war -- but I don't see this as wrong. It's one of the reasons I'm so much more against war today than I was when I was younger; "THIS IS NATURAL."

If you conscripted MOST people into a war, and if they made it through training, after a few years of kill or be killed, they'd likely be either cracking jokes with their buddies, or they'd be blowing their brains out due to depression.

>> There are probably plenty of returning troops who DID NOT see blood and guts every day -- which is common. And some of THEM might be shocked as well.

The people who keep a misty eye for honor, for the military, and think some war was noble, are RARELY the people who had to kill and watch someone next to them turned to hamburger meat by a frag.

I worked with a man who showed be a video of his son in Iraq, and his platoon was chasing down a bad guy in their hummer. They were acting every bit like people who are both scared they might be shot from a window, and excited that they were in some sort of sports game.

This man's son was one of the two people who were still alive from their squad. When he came home, after 6 months he was killed in an auto accident.

>> I figure that the Military KEEPS the same people engaged until they are worn out, dead or broken -- and the MAJORITY of the troops are involved in non-combat support, guard duty, or anything else. That's why so many people are confused, and why there are plenty of Uber Patriots who come back and tell you there was NEVER a moment when the US troops didn't act nobly. Both points of view are likely the truth -- but too often, people think their own personal experience is the total story.

So don't be too hard on the people who "WON'T WATCH" and are shocked -- they are the ONLY thing saving more young men and women from being put in a meat grinder. The Generals who say what the Politicians want to hear, the military industry that makes the weapons, the Oil company that gets to run a well without paying much for it -- NONE of them give a damn what happens to the troops.

The unfortunate people who are getting 8, 9 tours of duty are probably being sacrificed-- and I suspect intentionally, as a matter of policy. The military industrial complex doesn't want the damaged and wounded coming home and taking the gloss off of the "easy war", requiring years of expensive therapy or getting recruited and causing damage at home like Timothy McVeigh. The "Patriot Industry" needs dead troops to put on posters, living legends who never got scarred, and the DEAD soldier who can never speak.

If I was shot at for years, and had to hunt down and kill people on a regular basis -- I don't know if I could come back and work as an accountant or flip burgers. At some point, you are probably so adapted to a war zone, because it was either that or becoming a vegetable -- that you are no good for anything else.

>> Worse than the arm-chair critics, in my opinion, are going to be all the National Guard War Heros, who got to bond, had a lot of hot days and a few "shot at from a mile away" incidents to tell great stories at the dinner table. They will have that forever chip on their soldier of "you cannot criticize my service" and being a part of something GREATER than themselves. It's can turn anyone's head. They will get promoted at work because they are POSITIVE and industrious, and they will be Pro War, because for those who don't get shot at, it can be an awe inspiring experience. Every day life in suburbia is often boring, meaningless, and doesn't allow you to drive a million dollar vehicle and blow crap up.

Being able to understand what is going on it people's heads when I haven't walked in their shoes -- I suppose -- is what made me want to be a writer (of the many careers I had in mind as a kid). And in my mind; maybe those troops HAVE TO laugh about the dog, or they are going to be in worse shape when they return. The people who ENJOY the killing are absolutely vital to the military -- but those are people who CANNOT come home.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why? It is fact. There is an epidimic of dying and diseased dogs there....there are no vets to help them....and they are dangerous roaming the streets....the dogs need to be killed because they cannot be helped...it is humane for the healthy animals and for humans that live there.

Read....please:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

The two strays were among the thousands that roam the streets of Baghdad. Authorities have been killing them since November, trying to prevent the spread of disease and attacks on residents

edit on January 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

The fact still remains that they were laughing at an innocent animal about to explode, when they could have saved it. This is just another example of how war corrupts people into thinking no matter WHAT they do, it's right. It's sickening to see this. They're sick? Can't be helped? Neither could my Dad when he was dying of cancer but we didnt blow him up for laughs. Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by LadySkadi

My tax money should not be spent on dealing with the "diseased stray dog problem" in this manner, if this is what you seem to be implying.

This is a health problem that isn't ours to solve, much less by using military resources.

-rrr

>> No, there were no Military Resources used -- that's why the dog blew up.

A feral dog is going to cause misery and damage and eventually die a horrible death. In this case, it took out an IED or lost explosive charge and not a child, a soldier, or a healthy bomb-sniffing dog.

>> This war is bogus -- it was all about resources and Saddam not playing the role the CIA gave him when they helped him gain power in Iraq.

NOT ALL soldiers behave like this -- because MOST soldiers really don't have to remain in harms way and kill every day. Those that do, probably act like this or they go crazy.

Hate the war -- not the soldier. This won't be the last of our engagements as the US rushes to shore up the last energy resources in competition with China.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When al-quada blows these fellas up, I'll be the one laughing, for real.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
Although disturbing, you cant judge all soldiers by the acts of the few. Amazing of the hypocrisy of ATS posters. If you judge all soldiers/police by the act of the few, than ill judge all occupy protesters by their few, and say all of them are druggies, rapists, and cop-stabbers.

To add to this, dont judge someone whos overseas risking their lives for the people of their country, while youre sitting in a chair watching videos.
edit on 3-1-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

Listen man. We all know the American soldiers are a bunch of trigger happy kids. They have the best weapons, the best technology. Just point a laser and some insane helicopter will show up and blow the place to bits. I have seen countless video's of these guys shooting their guns and rockets, having the time of their live.

You are still stuck with the image of the brave soliders who fought Germany and Japan. That no longer exists.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

When al-quada blows these fellas up, I'll be the one laughing, for real.

will you be laughing when all the army has been killed by al-quada and your living under shea law seeing your wife been treating like sh*t didnt think so!

i think you need to keep comments like that to yourself, all your credibility has probably just gone down the river.

please MOD delete his post its off topic

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nexevo

Where do you get off says they like to shoot pregnant women? They don't make us kill a baby when we join the military as some here would believe, and we don't kill animals for no reason. You can give whatever opinion you like, that your right. When you making claims that they like killing people for fun that's crossing the line. Just be lucky you live in a place where your kinda of S*** can spread without be censored you D-Bag.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

And you know that it no longer exists from personal experience in the military or videos you see online?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I completely agree. I am not trying to say that all men and women who serve are this way, but the majority that I have seen are basically playing a real life video game over there. Its insane to think that most of the soldiers from WWII were younger than these tools.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The eradication of feral animals is an Iraqi government sponsored project, that is apparently supported by a large number of the Iraqi population... Look into it, try to move beyond your one-sided, personal bias.

Uh-huh... and it was SO professionally executed.
They used an explosive device where one bullet would have sufficed, and then laughed hysterically about it.

How many "feral" Iraqi children got the same?
Way to waste those tax dollars, idiots.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am a US Marine Sniper and I take SEVERE offense to people like you whom have most likely never served along side another in combat. My fellow brothers would never do this out of fun, yes there is always a few crazy ones that slip by but you have worse things happening for FUN in colleges and by non military losers in society every day.

I personally have never met or served next to another troop who would do something like this...

STOP with all the military hating because at the end of the day they are the only ones powerful enough to protect you against government abuse, so by all means keep alienating them...go ahead with your hate mongering.

Without the US Military you would all be speaking Arabic right now or Mandarin...and I am of Iranian decent so believe me when I tell you that YOU DO NOT want Shia law or live under Islamic rule.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper8541
Without the US Military you would all be speaking Arabic right now or Mandarin...and I am of Iranian decent so believe me when I tell you that YOU DO NOT want Shia law or live under Islamic rule.

So how is that brainwashing working out for you?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper8541

STOP with all the military hating because at the end of the day they are the only ones powerful enough to protect you against government abuse

So what are you waiting for?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I understand that this isnt an everyday thing in the military and that, for the most part, soldiers dont think this way... but I have to question, what happens to those that do? My biggest concern is what happens when soldiers like this leave the military? Do they become police officers or security? TSA? And if so, would you want people like this protecting you?

I honestly believe that police departments should be more strict with their hiring process when it comes to vets. From what Ive seen, if you're a vet, you're almost guranteed a spot on the local force. Im not saying they shouldnt be hired, but mental evaluations should be done to make sure they are able to do their job without freaking out or ...blowing up dogs?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Alex Jones played this clip last night and ranted about sick bastards like this in our military.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I can't watch the video, but I've read the majority of the replies and I'm quite disgusted.

I've had to put smaller animals down because they were ill and/or dying. I never once laughed about it.

I have not approved my tax dollars to be used to purchase explosives that are being used for brutal forms of entertainment. I do not approve of my tax dollars being spent on scum like these soldiers unless it's to pay for their detainment, trial, and encarceration for using military weapons for their own pleasure and for using other than what they are to be used for. My tax dollars are not to be used to limit the number of feral dogs in this country. This is the country's problem and our soldiers have not been deployed to assist them with their feral dog problems.

Finally, I have not approved my tax dollars to be used to pay any person who is not responsible enough to know what explosives should and shouldn't be used for. My tax dollars are not to be used to train maniacs who kill for pleasure.

I'm appalled and will use this as one more reason why my tax dollars should not be used to fund wars that are not protecting Americans and American soil.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join