It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - US Soldiers blow up Dog just for fun!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Disgusting barbarians from the great devil, Amerihate.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There are good and bad people in all walks of life and this includes the military. The dog was in the wrong place at the wromg time. However that dosnt defend the laughter in the background, bear in mind this though the military runs on black humour which is nescessary to deal with the things they have to do. It is the military not the boy scouts and I for one am glad to have scary tough guys keeping me and my family safe.

The dogs are not the loveable ball of fluff that lies by your fire at night and fetches you your slippers. Think of them Big rats with sharp teeth and rabies that might help.

Should they have sent someone in to shoo the dog away whilst dealing with the ied? Answer no. Its a warzone people and if it can blow a dog up it can blow a human up.

If there is something to answer on this then no doubt the people behind it will be disciplined.

As a dog lover and owner i despise cruelty to animals but war is hell and not just for people

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Nothing new so this does not shock me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
I would rather see 10 pathetic humans die than one dog..They never asked for this but humans do and did..I hate my species more and more and more..

You would be one of those ten buddy

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why is this thread still up? This video was from 2008 which has been used countless times to bash the U.S. and it's military. The thread is nothing more than a U.S. hate filled bash fest, over an old video.

The OP obviously visits LiveLeak, and it's no surprise that he/she didn't make the thread about any of the atrocities going on currently in Syria. Tons of videos of kids getting sniped and entrails hanging out, random people getting blown to pieces, all by the Assad forces - you get the picture.

But no, the OP chose to pick this video that was re-posted recently on LiveLeak, just to start a stagnant thread knowing full well of the intentions.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Why is this thread still up? This video was from 2008 which has been used countless times to bash the U.S. and it's military. The thread is nothing more than a U.S. hate filled bash fest, over an old video.

The OP obviously visits LiveLeak, and it's no surprise that he/she didn't make the thread about any of the atrocities going on currently in Syria. Tons of videos of kids getting sniped and entrails hanging out, random people getting blown to pieces, all by the Assad forces - you get the picture.

But no, the OP chose to pick this video that was re-posted recently on LiveLeak, just to start a stagnant thread knowing full well of the intentions.

The video is linked in a Daily Mail article dated Dec. 31st. The reporter states that they called an Army spokesman but have not received any response.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyluv

Originally posted by Clisen33

The video is linked in a Daily Mail article dated Dec. 31st. The reporter states that they called an Army spokesman but have not received any response.

They didn't respond because it occurred in 2008 and the Daily Mail are behind on times...

Here is the post back in 2008:

preview.tinyurl.com...

Posted (six) on June-14-2008

edit on 3-1-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's just a worthless dog. Who cares?
It's better they kill some useless animal insteand of humans

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why am I even on here wasting my day off? I'm out, it's like talking to a brick wall here.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First, lotsa angry people refusing to watch the video....then you have no comment worth listening to. That is absolutly the WORST type of bandwagon jumping.

So for you guys who formed an opinion PURLEY based on the thread title, allow me to assist you in your enlightenment.

The video is being shot from a couple of hundred yards away from where the explosion takes place. The street is deserted. I am guessing (educated guess) that this is due to a cordon placed at either end of the street to prevent people being hurt by an IED. There is an armoured vehicle of some description about 10 meters away from where the explosion occurs, and to the right as we veiw it. There is another vehicle to the right of that which becomes apparent later.

A dog wanders in to shot and starts sniffing around the area where the explosion will be, I will add, much to the apparent suprise of the people taking the video. Yes, the reaction of those picked up on the video is juvenile and they are aware that the dog is probably about to get blown up. (NOTE the dog is not tied up or anything like that, its just sniffing around the wrong place at the wrong time)

The explosion happens, dog dead, more typical squaddie reaction, and nothing worse than the reaction most of you would give when watching some guy get smacked in the nuts on youve Been Framed/Americas Home Videos.

From the armoured vehicle we see a fully kitted bomb disposal guy emerge, quite possibly the same guy who risked his nuts crawling over to the IED to set the charge to disable the IED.

So this dog did not get "blown up for giggles" as the thread title suggests and the poster should be ashamed for using that phrase in a transparent attempt to get people outraged. It also didnt get blown up under any state sanctioned feral animal clearance project.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
its not the killing of the dogs that is the problem. its the way these douches do it. blow them up or throw them off a cliff while laughing isnt a professional way to represent the U.S military. if the dogs need to be killed just shoot them no need wasting military funding that us tax paying citizens pay for anyway

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Aside from whether or not the dogs in Iraq carry diseases, what is sickening is that these people are getting a kick out of blowing up a living thing. Look, if the dog is sick and in pain, you can put it out of its misery with a single bullet, and that could be justified as a mercy killing; however, to blow up an animal for entertainment does not fall under the category of mercy killing; it is sick, twisted, wrong, and makes my blood boil.

I know that people don't often keep dogs or cats as pets in the Middle East. If they aren't on a farm, they are probably stray/feral.

Off topic: TERRORISM FOUGHT.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I might be negative about our REASONS to be in the "resource rich" places of the world, removing tyrants only slightly nicer than the tyrants we support. And I might be critical of sketch rules of engagement that lead to troops doing bad things,...

... but WAR and battle zones are HELL. Someone blowing up a dog is only surprising to people who are living in a non-war zone.

I'm not excusing anything,... but it's like having a voice recorder in the cockpit or on a armored truck with a large mounted machine gun in active pursuit -- nobody civilized is going to want to hear the Gallows Humor. "Got one" or "wow, you left half intact..." You either disassociate or you cannot function with what you are doing.

>> Disclaimer: I've never been to war, and I'm pulling this only out of my rear from "IMAGINED" war zone, and probably a few movies.

But healthy, normal, trained people go to war, and if they are engaged in a lot of battle -- they inevitably have a lot of mental baggage when they come back.

That's why ALL WAR IS BAD. Occasionally, there might be a desperate need for it when you get invaded or to stop a genocide. But that's rare. Until proven innocent; war is about someone in power making a buck -- and double check the proof because it's usually a lie.

Other than the US war for independence, we've only been in ONE legitimate war -- but I can't be really, really sure about the one war because of course, the winners wrote the history.

>> So, don't go to war; it's the greatest of all crimes and from it comes everything bad. If you want to throw these troops in prison for blowing up a dog, then you need to throw a few people from the Bush administration, leaders from the Pentagon, Congress for abrogating their responsibilities, and a few corporate CEOs who bought and paid for the war into a trial at the Hague.

TL;DNR
Troops are only partially responsible for their behavior -- ultimately, the blame should rest on whomever sent them to war.

If these people were home with their families -- they wouldn't be blowing up any dogs. If they did -- THEN you can arrest them. But this is what we should expect for some soldiers after many tours.

>> Oh, and I have not intention of watching the video, nor of "investigating" this incident. I don't watch sausages being made for the same reason. If you want to be pro-war, however, then you probably SHOULD watch it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Thanks for the synopsis of the Video.

>> The explanation of the "jokes" in response to what happened to the dog -- I'm not shocked at all. It's gallows humor. People who are sensitive and touch-feely are not going to be able to last in a war zone.

I didn't blame the troops even BEFORE finding out this was probably just a dog accidentally setting off an IED.

I've been against all these resource wars for some time -- but regardless of what happens, soldiers are put in harms way and these situations have to survive, and that means a different mental and behavioral standard than exists for us.

But everyone is going to arm-chair quarterback -- this is the web, this is a blog, that's the new sport of the 21st century. If it makes people NOT like war -- then that's a bonus. People not understanding, being shocked, isn't any different than if people who eat hamburgers go visit a slaughterhouse.

If you eat the burger -- then don't blame the butcher.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Actually this video was an IED being detonated. You dont go out there and remove the dog. You also cant let a Dog hold you up ... the longer you sit still the more dangerous it gets. They also can not shoot at the dog to force him to move because of Fire Discipline ..... not a whole lot that could have been done.

Sorry Animal rights people. Humans come first. Not a whole lot could have been done for that dog.

These dogs are disease HQs ... very rarely will you see a dog like here in America over there.

We could gtfo and they wouldn't be placing Ied's in the first place..Just saying..

U

link   
This reminds me of the feral hogs in the US. They cause millions of dollars of damage and harm or kill family pets. In fact in most if not all states you don't need licences to hunt them.

Except this is way worse as they're in a war zone and are spreading rabies. Plus another poster linked a site that was talking about how the actual Iraqi government is funding a dog extermination program.

I don't think what these soldiers did was wrong and you'd probably laugh at exploding dogs too when everyday you wake up to see the worst that humanity has to offer. If anything it was a rather humane, albeit reckless, way to kill the dog. Probably instantaneous.

And criticizing the US military because of a couple bad apples (which as previously stated, I don't think they are) is like criticizing ATS because of a couple of nutters and people with awful, awful grammar skills.

link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to children and other civilians and had a good laugh about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

My tax money should not be spent on dealing with the "diseased stray dog problem" in this manner, if this is what you seem to be implying.

This is a health problem that isn't ours to solve, much less by using military resources.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Most people look down at the military and see "these people" as less-smart or not as good as themselves. Unfortunately, actions like these reinforce this notion within the minds of these self-superior types (I didn't watch it). These are regular guys and girls who have been dehumanized after 6, 7, 9 deployments. They see blood and guts mostly everyday. They see the worse in mankind while we sit her cruising the internet, watching TV and eating pizza then we expect them to return and get jobs, not totally freakout and shoot people at parties, kill a Park Ranger and walk into neck high snow and freeze themselves to death. Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Aside from whether or not the dogs in Iraq carry diseases, what is sickening is that these people are getting a kick out of blowing up a living thing. Look, if the dog is sick and in pain, you can put it out of its misery with a single bullet, and that could be justified as a mercy killing; however, to blow up an animal for entertainment does not fall under the category of mercy killing; it is sick, twisted, wrong, and makes my blood boil.

I know that people don't often keep dogs or cats as pets in the Middle East. If they aren't on a farm, they are probably stray/feral.

Off topic: TERRORISM FOUGHT.

OR, you can get rid of an IED with that Dog, and you've got one less stray, one less bomb, and nobody has to send a healthy person or dog in to get rid of it. It was probably the most "fun" they had all day. Would that be sick if someone down the street from you did it? Probably. But if I had to be forced to kill or be killed and trained as a soldier, I think I'd be coming up with "hot dog" jokes like anyone else.

It doesn't mean those troops are going to intentionally abuse someone, or be sick in the head. Civility is a sliding scale and it has to adjust to the realities people face.

It's fine if you hate war -- but don't hate the warrior. I think someone could be Grim and determined and hating the whole affair, but still do their job, but that person might also be a lot more damaged if they live that way for a long time. Hell, that can happen if you work for a collections agency or for a telephone marketing company. You either adapt or hate life and get depressed --- whether it is right or wrong doesn't seem to matter to overall mental health.

That dog is going to die in some horrible way -- the only difference with a bullet or a bomb is it won't feel anything. You might WANT to have a compassionate end for the dog -- but it's a waste of resources and time to make yourself feel good. There is no animal shelter when there are so many displaced people. That dog is going to bite someone, get bit, and any stray in that city probably lives a short, cruel life and dies a painful death.

People have to be trained to kill, and have to lose a bit of compassion. They probably high-five each other after chasing down and killing someone who planted an IED.

To the Iraqis, the Americans are invaders or liberators, or a nuisance or some combination of the three. So someone is probably unhappy the dog died but for very different reasons.

>> Don't support the war but don't hate the troops for coping with it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join