It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a transgender husband!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I have no problem with a persons right to get their freak on. However, I do have ONE question. Why do you feel it necessary to come to a conspiracy website and tell people? Its no ones business but your own and your wife. Not a big fan of this thread, sorry I clicked

maybe the op just wanted to put it out there anonymously into what many feel a community they belong to, to gauge peoples reactions..

if you were so sorry you clicked.. why did you continue to do it to reply?

And furthermore, I admire the OP for bringing his situation to a forum in which he knows he will be bashed. I know nothing about transgender or anything like that so any opinion I make on the matter is really out my own flawed preconceived notions and ignorance.

Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

As long as your wife doesn't mind. I expect most wouldn't approve of their partners swapping genders, but if yours does good for you.

Funny, I've actually used the term "lesbian in a man's body" for myself. On the inside it's a bit more complicated though as I'm two people in one body. I feel female and think male.

I'd like to try out a female body but would rather rather wait for the technology to swap bodies instead of transforming it altogether (thereby saving my current one for later use). I'm not down with the current primitive methods used for gender swapping. I'd like an "undo button" just in case something gets messed up.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

My wife and kids accepted it and we live happy. 2 years on hormones i have c size breast 90% of the time no one even second guess's my gender.

I'm glad everyone is happy and content. That's the most important thing.

Watch those hormones though, on the rest of your health. Now that you have breasts, there's a possibility of breast cancer, because of the extra hormones (estrogen?). Make sure the doctor is watching out for any of the hormone related diseases as you age.

I'm not sure why you would want the breasts, I'm a woman, and I know how much they can get in the way sometimes
And you have your wife's to play with..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm not clear on this, here. Just what is a "transgender" anyway? Sorry, I am out of the US and not glued to the idiot box all day, so I've missed the dozens of Faux News reports on this unimportant crap for the past few years.

Are you a man? In reality? And you've been married for years, boning your wife enough to pop out some brats? And only after many years did you somehow "realize" that you are "meant" to be a woman? So now you are taking a bunch of drugs and hormones, causing you to grow boobs, and your wife and kids claim they are ok with the idea?

What kind of freak show do you people come from? I've never heard of such idiocy happening. Yet now, after years of brainwashing by the media about how "normal" it is to be gay and all the gay TV shows and everything, suddenly lots of confused people, mostly whacked out on prescription meds like all Americans seem to be now, are "realizing" that they are gay?

If your wife and kids tell you they are ok with it, I'd bet they are lying to you. On what planet would anyone be ok with their FATHER telling them suddenly that he wants to be a WOMAN?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thank you for posting! Very brave and honest. I appreciate those qualities, regardless what's under your skirt or pants.
It's wonderful that your family is supportive and that's all that matters. Acceptance is a wonderful thing. I wish more people could experience it.

reply to post by Fitch303

Speak for yourself. I completely disagree with you.

reply to post by revmoofoo

And I completely agree with you!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I wanted to see why people fear transgender's in general.

i am happily married to my wife of 12 years got 3 kids.
but over the last 5 years i have confessed that in my heart i feel as if i am a women in a mans body.
Yes a lesbian in a mans body..cliche i know lol
i am and will keep my male parts due to i want to be legally married to my wife in my state.

My wife and kids accepted it and we live happy.
2 years on hormones i have c size breast 90% of the time no one even second guess's my gender.

Good for you.

I've watched a couple specials on Transgender Husbands - - - who's wive and kids accepted them - - - because they truly loved them.

When you share a life with someone for so many years - - - you share all aspects of who you are. That's true love and what makes a partnership successful.

Society puts too much emphasis on sex and gender. And way too much emphasis on sex being the bonding glue that holds a marriage together.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

lol on the fear part.

But no I have seen more then a couple of transgender people, and some of them seemed to even keep it hidden from there mates for some reason, of which I can guess why.

But ya, bro do whatever...But if you want to know why some fear such things it is quite simple really. Stuff like this is going to become more prevalent as we go into the future especially in the more technological future, eventually the lines will be blurred between male and female, and eventually they will be gone all together. So yes there fear does have a very valid reason for it, as it will definitely change things up, especially once it goes in overdrive some generations to come.

But people fear what they do not know, or do not understand, this transgender thing is a bit more complicated then some but it is not some great mystery of life. So as you seem to be looking for some sort of acceptance here, really I would say the same as anybody that came with any other such thing.

Do as you will...All of life is a choice, and people make there choices...Yet some always look for reasons, and acceptances and justifications for the choices they make.

I should ask you one question.

Why should I or really anybody else care that you are transgender?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I fully get where you are coming from. This is my first incarnation in a dude-suit and it does feel strange. There are some things I'm liking (my voice, perceived authority, muscles, etc) but there is a learning curve. Physically, I'm extremely male and my wife likes that but, emotionally and spiritually, I'm very female and my wife also likes that. I'm keeping the dude-suit on for this round.

I'm very fortunate to have discovered my spiritual history so as to realize the importance of me being a man right now. If not for that, I may have made the mistake of rejecting my gender.

Sometimes the experience you need is a bit of perspective like the heavy dose you are getting by mixing your gender wardrobe. Either way, things are as they should be. Don't let the bigots and the fearful tell you different.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The LGBT "community" loves to use the word "homophobia.' Perhaps that makes them feel better, but no one I know "fears" any person engaged in that behavior. They just think it's weird is all, with the transgender part of the equation being the weirdest of all. Don't mistake dislike for fear. Most straights don't fear gays as much as dislike them because they can be so pretentious. It's not a sexual choice; it's a religion. Having said that, I know many gay couples who blend right in and you'd never know. It's just that the loud mouths feed the seterotype.

You have male DNA. You have an X and y chromosome. There's nothing you can do to change that. You can pretend you're female if you want, but it is essentially an indulgence that is now allowed by an indulgent society. Nowadays you can take hormones and cross-dress in ways you could not in the past. Although you've said you won't go so far as to "change" your body parts, you have to ask how realistic that is. If you did chop off your parts, do you really think the results would be equivalent to the natural female? Really???? Who are you kidding here? It's more like a knothole. You can pretend to have breasts if you want; they're actually man boobs. Hook up with Jerry's father. He'll fix you right up.

Going the opposite way, does anyone really think that because Chastity Bono took a few hormones to grow a beard and grow overweight that s/he is now a "man." On what basis? She still has the XX chromosomes. Does s/he have the same equipment as a man? Of course not. And so while she was in a committed relationship with a female who is a lesbian, the fact that Chastity is now Chaz means the lesbian is now committed to a "man," so they broke up. There's gotta be some humor in there somewhere!

It wasn't too many years ago that the liberal side of the equation was that gay folks might be made okay after years of therapy and they shouldn't be burned at the stake. Now, of course, literally anything goes. Whatever you want because it's all about you.

And that's where you are extremely lucky. You live in an indulgent society that actually pretends to believe that you are "normal." In many societies today and many more in the past you would not have the luxury of pretending you are female.

So how about a little thanks from you due to the fact that your indulgences are tolerated rather than you being burned at the stake? You are very lucky to be living in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
The LGBT "community" loves to use the word "homophobia.' Perhaps that makes them feel better, but no one I know "fears" any person engaged in that behavior. They just think it's weird is all, with the transgender part of the equation being the weirdest of all.

First of all, many fundies do fear alternative lifestyles. They fear that it will become accepted and thus make real the risk of their family and friends "defecting" and shattering their perception of what a male-female dynamic should be.

Don't mistake dislike for fear. Most straights don't fear gays as much as dislike them because they can be so pretentious. It's not a sexual choice; it's a religion. Having said that, I know many gay couples who blend right in and you'd never know. It's just that the loud mouths feed the seterotype.

It sounds like you dislike loud-mouth drama queens in general. Don't you mistake the obnoxious stereotype with sexual preference. You yourself admit to having friends who bat for the other team and do not act "Hollywood" gay. I think you understand this but still make the connection even though you admonish it.

You have male DNA. You have an X and y chromosome. There's nothing you can do to change that. You can pretend you're female if you want, but it is essentially an indulgence that is now allowed by an indulgent society. Nowadays you can take hormones and cross-dress in ways you could not in the past. Although you've said you won't go so far as to "change" your body parts, you have to ask how realistic that is. If you did chop off your parts, do you really think the results would be equivalent to the natural female? Really???? Who are you kidding here? It's more like a knothole. You can pretend to have breasts if you want; they're actually man boobs. Hook up with Jerry's father. He'll fix you right up.

I guess we are just waiting for a cultural paradigm shift. When there are more people who will respect a persons feelings than people who only respect made-up traditions, there will be nothing considered "unnatural" about it. What I find even less natural is a social non-acceptance of people for any reason whatsoever when it does not harm themselves.

Going the opposite way, does anyone really think that because Chastity Bono took a few hormones to grow a beard and grow overweight that s/he is now a "man." On what basis? She still has the XX chromosomes. Does s/he have the same equipment as a man? Of course not. And so while she was in a committed relationship with a female who is a lesbian, the fact that Chastity is now Chaz means the lesbian is now committed to a "man," so they broke up. There's gotta be some humor in there somewhere!

I had to look up who she even was. No wonder you have such narrow views. Stop watching reality television (or whatever Chasity is on) for social and moral compasses.

It wasn't too many years ago that the liberal side of the equation was that gay folks might be made okay after years of therapy and they shouldn't be burned at the stake. Now, of course, literally anything goes. Whatever you want because it's all about you.

It certainly isn't about you. Is anybody making you gay or making you change your gender?

And that's where you are extremely lucky. You live in an indulgent society that actually pretends to believe that you are "normal." In many societies today and many more in the past you would not have the luxury of pretending you are female.

This is not true. Many societies in history were far more accepting than ours of alternative sexualities. Look no further than the Spartans (you know, those alpha males who kicked a whole lot of ass?). Their same-sex lovers were actually mandated by the military. Don't go thinking that homosexuality or it's acceptance is a new thing.

So how about a little thanks from you due to the fact that your indulgences are tolerated rather than you being burned at the stake? You are very lucky to be living in this day and age.

So are you. An opinionated homophobe such as yourself would have had a terrible life in Spartan society.

ps - I understand this isn't about homosexuality but it's all about fighting the same fight.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Get this through your head. nobody "Fears" transgenders. We just think is gross beyond comprehension and frankly I personally believe people with this have mental issues ie. chemical imbalance.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

Lets put this into perspective. A Man dressing up as a woman because he wants to be one.....There's a mental imbalance hidden somewhere in that.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

This is my take on it as well.It's something I don't agree with.It's wrong in my eyes.I'll NEVER understand why a man wants to be a woman nor a woman a man.Certainly issues there.But the way I way I see it,it's not affecting my life so you can do as you choose.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I say live and let live.

"C" cups? Wow! Does your wife like them?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Considering you posted this on ATS does lead me to suspect, at least a little, that you posted this here as almost a social experiment in order to guage reaction.
That aside I wish to offer my feelings on your OP.

Here is the biggest reason people do not like transgender, gay, fetish, furries, etc...

I can't embed video so, here is the link

That about sums it up honestly... tongue in cheek but, still applicable.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

But why do people not grasp some people are just happier this way.

It's one thing to grasp it, another to accept it.

You're hoping that someday, your other family members may not think of it as weird. That isn't going to happen. (because it is weird).

However, if you're happy, and your wife and kids are happy, then it really shouldn't matter who isn't happy with your choice.

Personally, I'm a pretty open guy, and a very live and let live kind of person. By all means, be happy...but don't expect people's minds to change on it. To many, it will always be strange.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don’t think most people fear us because we’re trans or are just afraid of transsexuals in general. I think sometimes that’s what we tell ourselves when we don’t get the reaction from other people that we would like, hope for. This because it’s a lot easier to believe someone is rejecting us because of some sort of problem with them rather than something they just don’t personally happen to care for or like about us. Even “better” if we can make that problem of theirs something like – because they’re a poor little fraidy cat, well then we can feel bad for them because they have this traumatic issue. Rather than have to face, confront, deal with head on the larger, weightier big demon thing of working through our rage or sorrow or disappointment or whatever angst it is we’re going through around not having gotten the reception, treatment, acceptance, reaction, whatever we would have liked to have received from them. I suppose there probably are some people somewhere in the world who actually are frightened by transpeople, truly transphobic. However I think the actual number is very small and nowhere near as common as what spending a lot of time around transpeople would lead one to believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Because we don't fully understand what causes things like this and why and some people fear that they may wake up one day feeling... "different".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

All I have to say is this:

Thank you, you are amazing, and you give me hope.

We're not to be feared or hated, but to be regarded as human, something that society seems to forget.

Seriously, if I could hug you, I would, transman to transman.

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I can't see what there is to fear.

It's your life, your business, it doesn't impact on anyone else unless they make it an issue. If there is a problem, then it's theirs.

Not that i would ever go down that road, but if i did hypothetically, the only concern would be how much it impacted the kids. Are their lives made hell at school because of it, that kind of thing.

However, as you say, your family is fine with it. So all the best to you i say.

CX.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

@ thread title.

good luck man.
edit on 22-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't really care one way or the other how people chose to live their lives in private and for the most part out in the open. But if your candle has a wick, you better be going to the men's room.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join