It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis really changes your mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I love it when they "discover" things that people already know. Now they've found out that hypnosis really works...

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Very interesting and informative. Good post

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yes, CLINICAL hypnosis is real, it works and literally thousands of pain patients can tell you so!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I love it when they "discover" things that people already know. Now they've found out that hypnosis really works...

www.newscientist.com...

If it's not in English it's not really real =)

It's my belief we are just learning the same $hit over again but in a new language. Western science being on of the modern languages. We are "discovering" the same principles found all throughout Mythology. Such as "hypnosis".

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Actually, medical hypnosis was quite controversial. I worked with my ob-gyn and a medical hypnotist when my son was born (I am EXTREMELY drug resistant... and woke up during the C-section for my daughter. I did NOT want to wake up again with my son's C-section.) Although the young intern and operating room staff were convinced that medical hypnosis had some real potential after going through this with me, the head of the medical school (who was a ... very strong Christian...) believed that hypnosis was something sent by the devil.

Le sigh.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know a girl that was showing a strange behaviour, and after being observed by many doctors, one asked them if she was hypnotized. She was hypnotized when she went to the dentist, who used hypnosis instead of anaesthesia, and, apparently, she was not properly awakened.
She went to the dentist and he hypnotized her again, and when she was wakened she was back with her normal behaviour, so I really think that hypnosis works, the problem is if it does not work well.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, medical hypnosis was quite controversial. I worked with my ob-gyn and a medical hypnotist when my son was born (I am EXTREMELY drug resistant... and woke up during the C-section for my daughter. I did NOT want to wake up again with my son's C-section.) Although the young intern and operating room staff were convinced that medical hypnosis had some real potential after going through this with me, the head of the medical school (who was a ... very strong Christian...) believed that hypnosis was something sent by the devil.

Le sigh.

Actually, medical hypnosis was quite controversial

Yes it was controversial. However, it's been controversial WITHIN our (western) modern society. It is not, however, of controversy to many other cultures whos practice of hypnosis (medical, and other purposes) precede ours. Many cultures have had full confidence of its effectiveness in its many applications for thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, medical hypnosis was quite controversial. I worked with my ob-gyn and a medical hypnotist when my son was born (I am EXTREMELY drug resistant... and woke up during the C-section for my daughter. I did NOT want to wake up again with my son's C-section.)

I thought you were a guy until now.

I'm an advocate for selfhypnosis. I use it occasionally during those stagnant moments.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thought I'd give this thread a bump.........the article is worth reading.

Good find, TheBandit795

top topics

join