It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity: The Generalization of Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Gravity is our friend. I love gravity. But gravity, I contend, is also the Culprit in that particularly darker aspect of our existence: Death!

We joyfully struggle against gravity's Netownian compulsions through most of life and make use of it's rather grounding benefits daily.

No matter, I say, the Pathologist's report come the day of our demise: He died of this. She died of that. Nonsense.

At some point deese bones just cease to resist it's inevitable pull. We…don't…have…sufficient…g-force to counter it's eternal insistence and tailspin into the abyss.

Gravity: It gets us all in the end.

I really need a nap now.

Plus: If anyones has any tips on how to keep a very loved but very obstinate 7 month old 13lb "Tea Cup" Yorkie, Zoey, from running away every time she finds something on our fairly rural property--for example something the cat has dispatched or some raccoon poop--it would be MUCH appreciated.

She chewed up my tablet cover last night too. So I guess I need a twofer from some of you doggie adepts.

"Tea Cup"…sold as to my handicapped niece off the internet and met in a parking lot. They had her tiny "parents" with them to show us. Har. We absolutely DON'T care she isn't tiny though, but HELP on her behavior problems por favor!!

I feelz gravity pulling me doooown.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

It might the ramblings of a manic depressive but...
"Gravity keeps you down!"
Down with gravity, nasty, awful, physical repression. We want love, life and floatability!

As for the child, I find a nail in the foot works quite well. Obviously she will walk in circles but at least you'll know where to find her.

edit on 2/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA I hope you can take this in the spirit it is meant, namely the spirit of humour. I wasn't seriously suggesting you nail your child to the floor. Bad taste in old jokes and a somber mood prevail here...

edit on 2/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 Not a child, but a dog. I'm slipping tonight...
edit on 2/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Manic Depressive or whatever our particular neuroses yuk-yuk, all philosophical reflections on gravity are welcome here.

Thanks for your input. When can all use a few "downer" justifications for when we occasionally refuse--and just for a moment hopefully--to be positive.

EDIT: LightSpeedDriver, you are cracking me up. No worries, I feel the love and depth. But does that mean I should put the nails and hammer back up?
edit on 2-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Ahhh, gravity. Nasty stuff as we age.....

Plus: If anyones has any tips on how to keep a very loved but very obstinate 7 month old 13lb "Tea Cup" Yorkie, Zoey, from running away every time she finds something on our fairly rural property--for example something the cat has dispatched or some raccoon poop--it would be MUCH appreciated.

She chewed up my tablet cover last night too. So I guess I need a twofer from some of you doggie adepts.

A small dog on a somewhat rural property is challenging.
I have ten acres and a 10 lb Shihtzu, and I have to watch him so closely. There are birds up here that could carry him away, and foxes, coyotes, other dogs, etc.......
I don't let him out of my sight, and have fenced off about 1/4 acre attached to the house. I have 2 big dogs too, they don't stay put without the fence either.

None of my dogs chew up anything though, they have tennis balls, well worn marrow bones, and other chewable safe toys all around the house.

Anytime your little Yorkie goes to chew on anything not hers, just make one of her toys seem more interesting. Start playing with it yourself, then she'll want it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by The GUT

Ahhh, gravity. Nasty stuff as we age.....

Ain't it the sad truth! How did I miss that? Classic addition to any musing on gravity.

Toys: We have that covered. Always finding new games we are. I do worry some about predators but I hate to keep the frisky lil' thing on a 15 ft retractable her whole life.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
But does that mean I should put the nails and hammer back up?
edit on 2-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

You are right. I suggest using dissuasion techniques, at least until later. Hang the bag of nails and a hammer in plain sight and use it as a threat. Tell her/him what they are for though.

The film Alien always put me off childbirth. The scene with a toothy little creature ripping through the abdominal wall of John Hurt was just too much for me to bear...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Its doing something to us. You can see the way elderly people get shorter, or their backs hunched over from so much gravity over the years.

I guess eventually we will have to test a human birth in space. Then conception to birth in space. Then conception to birth to death, born and living their whole life in space. Then, get a male and female like that, combine their genes (i mean in the old fashioned way not a test tube), and see what happens when two ppl, concepted and born in space, produce offspring. And so on...

My uncle, back in around 95, 96, on the jobsite, he liked to talk about new and bizarre discoveries, but he was is no ATSer. Anyway, non that matters to the story, but, i remember when he told me, scientists discovered that when people die of "old age", its the sun that doing the killing. Something to think about. Apparently its slowly killing us. Makes me feel a little less guilty about being so hermital and anti social the last... Damn when did mom die? 2002. I've had barely any direct sunlight. Should probably be buying that "vitamin D" milk, but, i dont always like whole milk. I prefer 2%.

Yeah, i love milk and i eat a lot of cereal..well, i go through waves of periodic increments that last from time to time. Yeah i know that didn't make sense. Grew up with all the commecials, everyone from Cindy Crawford, to Michael Jordan had their "milk m'staches", and i was,told it makes your teeth and bones strong... To be fair i never broke a bone, and i been rocked around pretty hard in life more than once or twice. And my teeth arent beyond help, i just neglected them for years and a chipped tooth from a drunken girl punching me (i swear to god, a girl actually punched me because i turned her down and she was rich and I was poor...i should track her down and ask her to pay this, honestly. I cant afford it.), actually 2 chipped teeth...she hit me in my left front tooth and the one next to it on its left, upper jaw, the two teeth got squeezed together for an instant at the moment of impact, chipping a tiny, negligble amount off each tooth. I think i accidentally swallowed them they were,so small, i just never found them. Just noticed the new "shape" i could feel with my tongue.

Anyway, over time, now about 15 years later, it slowly grew until now each tooth has a roughly semi-circular, half-moon shaped hole. Its very visible and very bad. I might be able to crown them if i get in soon enough. They're right in the front, i cant pull them at age 36 when looks still matter to me a little.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I found out how terrible regular grocery store milk is for you. I don't even know if there's a difference in the stuff you get delivered in the glass jugs straight from the farm. I heard the Anabaptists have real milk, like,the quakers or amish, but, your stomach cant handle it if you've been on chemmilk all your life... I just gave up and kept drinking the grocery store kind.

new topics

top topics

join