It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About December 21st, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not saying I believe that any change will come in 2012. I am neutral on the notion. I would like positive change as a species, however.

My question is based on the fact that I've known of this calendar date for prob. the last 20 years. So there's that, which is interesting to me. Recently I heard some articles that the calendars were misinterpreted, and that the calendar date being studied already occurred, or that the interpretation wasn't accurate (that the interpretation was maybe off by thousands of years), etc.

Because of the associated alignments in the solar system, I would think the date was interpreted correctly.

Does anyone have definite information about whether the date was interpreted right? I would hate to think that people thought for 20 years that the date was December 21st, 2012, only to find out that someone studying the Mayan artifacts didn't carry a one or something.

Thanks.

edit on 1/2/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Check out this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=792344#
It references statements about the Mayan calendar from an elder of that culture.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

There are numerous different correlations for the Long Count. The most supported are the GMT correlation and the GMT+2 correlation, which give us the familiar dates of December 21 & 23, 2012. These correlations are based on historical, archaeological, and astronomical data but others have taken different approaches and have come up with different dates. However, in 2010 Gerardo Aldana published an essay in which he discusses the problems in coming up with an accurate correlation. It's a rather lengthy essay, but Johan Normark did a good job summarizing it in eight different blog posts. Here is the first one:

The Maya calendar correlation problem pt. 1

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi AkumaStreak
Well I don't have such any thing related to it but I personally feel that nothing will happen on 21 Dec 2012 and another thing is that I believe that if you are going to hut nature then nature will not leave you at any cost it will take it revenge like we had TSUNAMI, Earthquake, Flood all are the ways of revenge.

new topics

top topics

join