It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 7, is murdered in India and has liver cut out in sacrifice to the gods for a better harvest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.

Very true Christians do "symbolically" drink the blood, and eat the flesh of Christ...They do not literally kill someone, dismember and/or eat or offer up a sacrifice....BIG DIFFERENCE

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

One point: An action done for the good of the whole is moral regardless of how bad the act is.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

when the whole commits evil then they commit evil still. might in numbers does not make anything right, only accepted.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

One point: An action done for the good of the whole is moral regardless of how bad the act is.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

when the whole commits evil then they commit evil still. might in numbers does not make anything right, only accepted.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would request that readers here refrain from negatively judging Hinduism, when reading about these types of incidents. I do not believe that the Devas (Gods) themselves advocate this behaviour any more than you do. There is one story of Kali Ma in particular, who when some people from a village were going to sacrifice a young boy to her, she temporarily hid the boy from the villagers, and later returned him to his mother.

Mother has been maligned terribly by people who read about corrupt rural pujaris (priests) who spray the blood of infants all over the walls of houses, while said priests claim that they are doing such in her name. They are not, irrespective of what they think; Kali weeps alongside anyone else who mourns, when children are killed in such a way.

Jai Kali Ma.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

As many fools have said.....

How can we be sure that murdering this little girl wont bring a better harvest? how can we PROVE that this isnt pleasing to their deity?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

How can we be sure that murdering this little girl wont bring a better harvest? how can we PROVE that this isnt pleasing to their deity?

Well it certainly didnt bring them much good fortune as they were rightful arrested.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

yeah... i doubt they would weave this into their delusion somehow.

O wait... thats exactly what crazy people do!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

How about if the hand these two guys over to the lady that cooked and ate her husband. Perhaps THAT would please their deity.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join