It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 7, is murdered in India and has liver cut out in sacrifice to the gods for a better harvest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Im not intending this to be racist or offensive to the indian people but this is why we live in developed countries
Uhhh the cops arrested the two guys for murder. It could have happened anywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.
ah...no....they dont.last time i had comunion(many moons ago)i am pretty sure the pastor said"eat and drink in REMEMBRANCE of his body and his blood".i am pretty surethey gave me grape juice and a cracker.and whats to keep these two skumbags from just SAYING it was for there god and maybe hide behind that fact?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If you step outside of Christianity for a while, as I have, it really quits being grape juice and crackers and it starts being well, gross. And all the constant talk of the blood of the innocent is gross too. Are you washed in the blood of the lamb?

I mean, come on now. The whole religion hinges around the sacrifice of the innocent to save the sinning masses.
And not just an innocent, but a deified innocent. John 3:16 and all that.

I don't like human or animal sacrifice. My Gods are so powerful if they want something or someone dead, they can do it themself, and they'd have to, because I might give them respect and a bit of worship, but that's all they are getting from me, and they better deserve that, because I KNOW I am mortal.

But, for the record, Jesus I find worthy of adoration, not because I lust after his blood or what it can do for me, but because his words and recorded deeds are amazingly compassionate, loving, peaceful, and wise.
edit on 3-1-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.

Drinking wine and eating communion bread is not the same as human sacrifice...please.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
If you step outside of Christianity for a while, as I have, it really quits being grape juice and crackers and it starts being well, gross. And all the constant talk of the blood of the innocent is gross too. Are you washed in the blood of the lamb?

I mean, come on now. The whole religion hinges around the sacrifice of the innocent to save the sinning masses.
And not just an innocent, but a deified innocent. John 3:16 and all that.

I don't like human or animal sacrifice. My Gods are so powerful if they want something or someone dead, they can do it themself, and they'd have to, because I might give them respect and a bit of worship, but that's all they are getting from me, and they better deserve that, because I KNOW I am mortal.

But, for the record, Jesus I find worthy of adoration, not because I lust after his blood or what it can do for me, but because his words and recorded deeds are amazingly compassionate, loving, peaceful, and wise.
edit on 3-1-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

Because your heart is pure. The message is what's important after all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
i sometimes wonder if some of the people in India even know what century we are in.

Some sure don't. There are people on some of the Andaman and Nicobar islands who live literally in the stone age. Contact with them is not permitted. I am sure they don't know about Jesus Christ and how many centuries have elapsed since he was supposedly born.

But if you are referring to the claim by the murderers that they believed murdering and offering the child's liver as an offering to their God would bring better harvests as not being within the century, I agree, it seems pretty backward. However I have a question. If they had heard that there is a market for organs like liver, murdered the child and removed her liver, ignorant of the medical fact that organs in that state don't have any commercial value, but simply lied about their motives, it would fit perfectly in this century, now wouldn't it?

Not long ago, a US President stated that he ordered an invasion of another country because God told him to do it and he was re-elected to the same post after that. Does that sound like "this century"?
edit on 3-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

fook yeah
- " developed countries "

like there they :drag a man to his death chained to a truck because he was homosexual , bomb abortion clinics , kill people during an excorcism , etc etc etc

that kind of developed country ?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Interesting thought, so let us go with your aspect that communion has nothing to do with cannibalism. Another culture saw it differently....They believed the act showed the INTENT of cannibalism, and told Christians to stop that act. Would they be justified in that request, because any and all forms of cannibalism in their society was obscene. Even a mimed or mimicked act, still showed the intent of the action. Whose right?

frig me, once again, there is nothing comparable with the symbolic act of taking bread and wine with murdering a kid

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

fook yeah
- " developed countries "

like there they :drag a man to his death chained to a truck because he was homosexual , bomb abortion clinics , kill people during an excorcism , etc etc etc

that kind of developed country ?

or to look at it another way, in the UK alone, "we" carry out hundreds of thousands of abortions- that kind of "developed country"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

But if you are referring to the claim by the murderers that they believed murdering and offering the child's liver as an offering to their God would bring better harvests as not being within the century, I agree, it seems pretty backward. However I have a question. If they had heard that there is a market for organs like liver, murdered the child and removed her liver, ignorant of the medical fact that organs in that state don't have any commercial value, but simply lied about their motives, it would fit perfectly in this century, now wouldn't it?

I understand what you are saying and yes that type of hideous crime would fit in our century. I think the main difference between the two would be that murdering for a god is going to do nothing while the crime you described would actually achieve something. Both are still utterly wrong on every level.

Its hard to believe that there are some people in this day and age that still think that human sacrifice will make any positive changes.

edit on 3-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Uncivilised is that uncivilised does, Forest.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wow, ok so you feel that human sacrifice in India is no different than Christianity because both are religious and you hate all religions so no matter, just lump them all into one big bag, but accept the sacrifice because it's foreign and we Christians have no right to expect people to behave civilly.Oh not to mention you think because it is older it has more credence...
That's a pretty messed up outlook really. The atheists of the world have it out for Christianity for sure. I'm going to box your ears on this because I appreciate both Hindu and Christian religions. It doesn't make human sacrifice right or ok. In India, the wife was expected to sacrifice herself when her husband died. She would ride along to the funeral pyre and throw herself onto the fire right along her husband. I'm guessing that little ritual came about when the woman realized there was no man to take care of her.
India has a very different way of thinking. They both revere the woman as Divine and treat her as second class citizen with no rights. For this reason I believe that most religions spin out of the culture of the region they are practiced. The Aztecs also did human sacrifice and even cannabalism. They preyed upon the Mayans.
In the Old Testament there are stories of sacrfice of lambs and that was acceptable. I should think the practice of sacrficing humans should not be acceptable anywhere, but I sure wish India would make their water safer for practical reasons.

Oh yes, let's talk about the body and blood of Christ. What you do not understand is the symbolic meaning.

The practice started with Jesus himself at the last supper. I suspect that the deeper meaning of it is represented at Alpha and Omega the wine being the spirit and the bread or body being the Omega or matterHere is what Wiki says about transubstantiation or communion

The Eucharist ( /ˈjuːkərɪst/), also called Holy Communion, the Sacrament of the Altar, the Blessed Sacrament, the Lord's Supper, and other names, is a Christian sacrament or ordinance. It is celebrated in accordance with Jesus' instruction at the Last Supper as recorded in several books of the New Testament, that his followers do in remembrance of Him as when he gave his disciples bread, saying, "This is my body", and gave them the cup, saying, "This is my blood".[2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

When the angel spoke to Moses out of the burning bush which burned but was not consumed, he told Moses to tell the Children of Israel "Tell them I AM hath sent thee". This is a deep understanding of God as I Am That I Am.
In Revelation we see this passage
Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Thus Alpha and Omega is the description of the allness of the manifestation of God in the Universe.
Therefore if one follows the logic, The bread and the wine become the Alpha and the Omega of God and simultaneously the body and blood of Christ, the princiiple of the Christ at the nexus between God and man, an interface if you will, of forgiveness.
Here is a more enlightened view of it

/7l727yb

edit on 3-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I do believe you are referring to "sybolism" here not actual cannibalism....

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Observor

I understand what you are saying and yes that type of hideous crime would fit in our century. I think the main difference between the two would be that murdering for a god is going to do nothing while the crime you described would actually achieve something. Both are still utterly wrong on every level. Its hard to believe that there are some people in this day and age that still think that human sacrifice will make any positive changes.

Nope, neither achieves anything besides taking a life. If you read carefully, I didn't say medically harvesting the organ, simply murdering and removing the organs under a mistaken belief that organs so removed hold some value.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There is sooooo many fail and ignorance in this threat. Some people even mention things happened 700 years ago as something still happening now, and we have few mixing middle eastern laws into india's laws.

India has 1.2 BILLION population, it has over 9 religions that are noticible, highest being Hinduism, Buddishm, Islam, Christianity,Sikhism,Jainism and so on....

Most of the religion, everything except Christianity and Islam, are vegetarian, in few of them its wrong to hurt an organism that feels pain. Of course then you have those small cult which is derived from the main, which are shunned by majority and they usually keep their hybrid religion only in their village (this where the animals sacrifice, and other weird things comes into play)

This event has nothing to do with religions or beliefs, it is just an act by some men who were desperate, or they actually killed her and blame it on the harvest to escape conviction( which would still fail because there is no such laws that will allow that). If they do some ritual for better harvest, most of them being prayers and chants, it is done by the whole village, not by 2 individual. Further the Villages in India from the cities, the less develop and less law intervention(they usually have a village leader that takes care of the issue before going to police, but murders usually involves police.

These 2 individual of 1.2 Billion(0.000000016%) population is used to describe the religion of the country, and their beliefs? That's equivalent to saying 1 rapist from a "civilized" country represents the entire country.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

A wafer blessed into becoming the spiritual body of Christ is in no way shape or form the same as cutting out the liver of a kidnapped child in a sacrifice to some wicked deity.

You shouldn't be using the word "ignorant" unless it's directed at a mirror you are facing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....

How can anyone in their right mind compare going to church and eating a tasteless cracker with kidnapping, murdering, and dismembering an innocent little girl?

Sure, all religions have insane fundamentalist radicals, but if you want to make a more accurate comparison to christianity, why not compare those Indian men with the bible thumping abortion clinic burners?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thousands of innocent lives are sacrificed to Mammon on the altar of Capitalism in countries such as Afghanistan, Libya and Iraq, whilst the majority of the citizens of the "developed" countries committing these crimes support the theft, rape and mass murder through their wallet, their vote, their fear, their apathy and their willful ignorance.
edit on 3-1-2012 by treesdancing because: added "willful"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oops my link was bad

Looks like tiny url doesn't work here so here is the long url

books.google.com... za3aBLqmPPWuL4iItE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gyYDT92uJefg0QHpja2yAg&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=body%20and%20blood%20of%20christ%20as%20alpha%20and%20Omega&f=fals e

OH yes and a correction...the wafer and the wine as the body of Omega and the Chalice is the Spirit.

Here is another view of wine I found on a blog, referring to Jesus' parable on new wine

Jesus said: “Neither is new wine put into old wineskins; otherwise, the skins burst, and the wine is spilled, and the skins are destroyed; but new wine is put into fresh wineskins, and so both are preserved” (Matt. 9:17, NRSV).*
The day Jesus gave this parable new wine was on the table of ancient Israel. He, the new wine, was surrounded by the glowering eyes and jealous looks of receptacles originally designed to receive and distribute God’s grace to a thirsty world. New wine was there in abundance, but the wineskins, once new, had become so old and stiff with prejudice, so stereotyped with tradition, and so cold with exclusiveness that they couldn’t receive or contain it.
This truth could apply to our church, spiritual Israel. The new wine is the Holy Spirit, for whom we have been praying. The old wineskin is any institution that has become a slave to tradition, bowing before the lords of legalism and criticism. The cure for this malady is a generous dose of new wine. Our institution will have to either adapt or be discarded.

www.adventistreview.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Any religion that thinks that murdering a child to appease their God is ok is just wrong.

Didn't the christian god send his son to be crucified ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join