It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 7, is murdered in India and has liver cut out in sacrifice to the gods for a better harvest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Okay, tell you what....give me one example when one religion can go to another and tell them they are wrong...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by pointr97
Judging an individual(s) in another country under a different belief system is what is happening....You are not approaching it with an open mind to their situation......Honor killings, I don't agree with at all....ever, but i got news for you, they happen a lot and that is far worse than sacrificing a girl for the communal good.

It is not ok to murder a 7 year old girl in India. That is the judgment of the law of India. The only conflict here is in your mind.

nailed on

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Im not intending this to be racist or offensive to the indian people but this is why we live in developed countries

people are mercilessly murdered in developed countries too

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Okay, tell you what....give me one example when one religion can go to another and tell them they are wrong...

what, never heard of suicide bombers?

Give me a break man.........

Thats the most flimsy argument in this case ever......

Like the other poster said.......the gov of india says its wrong to murder a girl and eat her body parts, as well as anyone with any bit of humanity.......

These strawman arguments dont hold up

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420

Im not intending this to be racist or offensive to the indian people but this is why we live in developed countries

people are mercilessly murdered in developed countries too

true, obviously there is no perfection anywhere, but it would be fair to say that life may be a bit cheaper in India (it may not be fair, I am just asking, I'm not even sure how you would measure it)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
we are not referring to state laws....the issue, religious law. The post clearly states that these individuals did this act under what they believed was religious sanctum. They believed they were doing right.....as I have tried to ask and infer a number of times.....please would anyone tell me when it is justified that one Religion tells another Religion they are 'wrong'.

I add to this a thought point, 'what part of your religion are you willing to be told to your face that it is wrong?'

Some of you are so quick to tell me I am confusing the point, but I notice that no one has attempted an answer....
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

we are not referring to state laws....the issue, religious law. The post clearly states that these individuals did this act under what they believed was religious sanctum.

No the OP states that these guys killed a 7 year old girl to appease their God. it says nothing about there being a religious law that says its ok to do this or a religious law that told them to do this.

please would anyone tell me when it is justified that one Religion tells another Religion they are 'wrong'.

This is a pointless question as its got nothing to do with the OP. Its the Indian Government that has ruled this as murder , its not a judgment from an apposing religion. So there is no conflicting religious beliefs. You are just making up arguments where there nothing to argue. If you want to start your own thread about morality v religion or religion v religion then go and start one in another forum but it is not an issue with this story. You are off topic and just confusing the issue.

edit on 2-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

'Appeasing their God'......sorry, how does that differ from being a religious act....sounds like you are confusing the point.

oh and split hairs all you want, but you still haven't addressed the question I have asked a number of times....when is it okay for one religion to tell another they are wrong?

Or even, which part of your religion are you willing to be told is wrong?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

'Appeasing their God'......sorry, how does that differ from being a religious act....sounds like you are confusing the point.

Religion is a set of rules on how to worship a God.

The guy is Norway killed all the people on the island because he was doing it for his God. That has nothing to do with the rules of his religion.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

IT isn't about cannibalism at all...

communion in the Christian faith is about accepting completely the reason that Christ did the things he did...

to make it easier for some: communion is not about cannibalism, it is about total acceptance and belief..

I'm not surprised you are ignorant of this, but what does surprise me is your willingness to remain that way..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

IT isn't about cannibalism at all...

communion in the Christian faith is about accepting completely the reason that Christ did the things he did...

to make it easier for some: communion is not about cannibalism, it is about total acceptance and belief..

I'm not surprised you are ignorant of this, but what does surprise me is your willingness to remain that way..

wow....call me ignorant, but yet communion stems from older religions..Heck, most of Christianity is stolen from older religions, I am surprised you didn't know that...don't believe me, look it up, it is a reference to cannibalism......That however, is not what we are talking about or my original point....again

Feel bad that this event happened, but we cannot overlay our beliefs and morality on other cultures....Hmm, pretty simple concept, can't believe that i am receiving such closed minded responses. Because I know absolutelly KNOW that you want someone to come in and say your religious practices are immoral....Because, sorry gang, that is exactly what you are doing. Again, I feel bad it happened, I am sorry for the girls family, HOWEVER, I am not one that thinks enough of myself to judge those people for what they did on a morality aspect, because they are not members of my moral culture. Amazing that self-proclaimed intelligent individuals cannot understand a simple aspect of one cultures standards do not apply to evaluating another's.....

However, through all the insults you want, you still haven't shown a single example when one religion is allowed to tell another one that it is wrong......And that is the fundamental argument.

It is wrong in our society, what those men did, however, we do not live in theirs, we have ZERO idea what their culture is like, the ideologies they follow or anything about them. Therefore we are not a member of their peers and we cannot stand in judgement over them.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Interesting thought, so let us go with your aspect that communion has nothing to do with cannibalism. Another culture saw it differently....They believed the act showed the INTENT of cannibalism, and told Christians to stop that act. Would they be justified in that request, because any and all forms of cannibalism in their society was obscene. Even a mimed or mimicked act, still showed the intent of the action. Whose right?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just a few tid bits:

This variance in the date of Easter was devised to more closely counterfeit the dates of the true Christian Passover and make it easier to replace the Passover with Easter. Also, the observance of the Passover ceremony, as commanded be Jesus Christ himself, was substituted with the Catholic holy eucharist (communion), which is of pagan derivation, by edict of the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D.

Everyone always thinks that the holy communion was started by Jesus when he had his final meal with his twelve disciples the night before he was crucified. but to be honest the idea of eating and drinking the body and blood of a man god did not start with that and it did not start with the christian faith. This whole idea got started with the Roman cult faith of the Roman god Bacchus. The followers of this religious cult were the first ones to do this mysterious holy communion and the idea was the same. It was a tradition of eating and drinking the body and blood of a holy man god who died for the sake and sins of mankind.

Can we stop putting ourselves on a high horse, and stop judging other nations, countries, and religions....Maybe then we would have less bloodshed throughout the world.

For those that are actually paying attention, I do have an open mind, and just can't abide one culture impressing their views forcibly on another.....It has led to much misery and death in our history, and I would love for it to just end. Let that country/nationality deal with it, but let us not judge them by OUR standards.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
We must look at this more deeply, one must understand the poverty the farmers are in, to justify killing a child for prosperity. Farmer suicides has been going on for a long time now!

The best post on this thread.

It is a psychological problem.............
edit on 2-1-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by asen_y2k
We must look at this more deeply, one must understand the poverty the farmers are in, to justify killing a child for prosperity. Farmer suicides has been going on for a long time now!

The best post on this thread.

It is a psychological problem.............
edit on 2-1-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

Agreed, we can't even pretend to be in their minds. We have no foundation to even come close to understanding their psychology.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Let's don't discuss selling 60-80 billion in arms and ammunition to Saudi Arabia who cuts off anyone's head that they decide is a witch. Instead, let's get all indignant against. A country that recognizes this act was murder. Afterall, SA is Monotheistic - so they get a pass.

Every goodChristian is taught polytheists are uncivilized people
That make no sense.

Get out of the fear box and put some glasses on so u can see.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't you rather drink wine and eat bread than cut a little girl's liver out? I'm not saying that some religions are better than others but come on, this is wrong and we all know it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Wouldn't you rather drink wine and eat bread than cut a little girl's liver out? I'm not saying that some religions are better than others but come on, this is wrong and we all know it.

Interesting, yet the 'symbolism' is still there.....and the point is still completely untouched, it is not about what you or I would or would not rather do.....It is what people in other lands, in other cultures, indoctrinated into other religions do and believe and us applying our moral code to those actions.

If I was to cut a girls heart out and eat it with roasted garlic......SHOT ME....because I know it is wrong, I was raised in a culture that believes it is wrong, I practice a religion that states murder is wrong.....However, don't you dare take another religion from another continent and apply their moral standards to my actions....We get all inflamed when an American goes overseas and screws up by not knowing the local customs......'Oh, but they didn't know it was against their religion or laws...can't hold them accountable for it......' Well, flip it around, we don't know their customs, laws, or religious doctrine, so again I state the point, 'Feel Bad for the Incident, but hold YOUR judgement of the individual against YOUR standards'.....Seems like the Indian government has it in control.

So If I don't want someone else's moral standards applied to me, how in the world can I or 'you' justifiably apply mine or (ours) to them?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The 'body of Christ' thing came about from the Middle East,another uncivilized place.The West doesn't actually believe they are eating the flesh or drinking the blood of Christ(not literally anyway) so its a bit different to actually killing a young girl for a primitive cause.

If you can't see the difference between the Christian act of 'drinking the blood and eating the flesh of christ'(who gave his body
) compared taking a life...well.....you are probably the problem with the Western world and its demise.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
it made me feel sick reading that, and i have never felt sick reading anything. mabey im getting old

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join