It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Girl, 7, is murdered in India and has liver cut out in sacrifice to the gods for a better harvest

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.


Which is bread and wine. And as an ex Catholic, what I experienced was Spiritually Being Held Within and Merging With God.

Not to be compared with savagely murdering a child.

A little more than apples and oranges.

Traditiion, alternative religion, culture and custom is not an excuse for murder and evil. They were arrested in India as well.

I wish alot of our mystery babylon bloodlines who do terrible sacrifices would also be charged with murder.




posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by pointr97
 


Well most of the time the law of the country is held over the beliefs of religion. Thats why these people were arrested.


edit on 2-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)


And if you ask most religious people, they will tell you that the laws of the state are immoral.....go find a baptist.



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
India has lot of religions, there are no such thing as human sacrifice, i do have heard of animal sacrifice. Also saying "India".. 1.2 Billion population is accountable for a 1-2 village idiots? You can find these everywhere in the world, some countries are better at keeping them secret.

Its like saying some priest from religion A rapes a kid in Country B and all of a sudden all of Religion A and rest of the country B is called a pedophile or a country that has a lot of pedophiles?

i bet these guys are using this "better harvest" to escape from justice, sadly these guys are going to jail because no one believes in these crap anymore(suppose a small cult in the corner of the country does exist).



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here it is in the basic.

If a religious individual believes in their faith, and their faith tells them to do something....Thats is it. There are no ifs ands or buts in the mind of someone devoted to their faith. Split hairs all you want about what is right or wrong, moral or immoral, but the fact is, you are overlaying your OWN ideals onto the life, culture, and religion of another. Feel sorry or disgusted all you want, but you cannot judge the action.....Because it is not our place to judge that action with our standards. Going back to Christians, they are the LAST group to cast the stone. Feel bad that the country is as depressed as it is to drive these people to go to those extremes....Feel bad that a girl lost her life....Feel bad that we are so fat and lazy in a civilized country that we allow this to happen in other countries, but do not get on that soap box and say they believed they were doing wrong.....That is what caused us to be in this global situation to begin with.....One Group Telling another They are Wrong.



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 


Like ManBehindTheMask the mask said..you are confusing the issue.

Morality , religious beliefs and the Law of the land are all different subjects.

Murder is wrong.

Theres an old saying

you have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion



edit on 2-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 





How am I confusing the issue, what one action in the name of religion is acceptable but another is not? Sorry but religion doesn't work like that.


First off , which religion are you referring to?

2. If its christianity, there is nothing in the bible about eating childrens body parts or sacrificing them.......

Care to continue on your crusade with some actual facts?



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by pointr97
 


Like ManBehindTheMask the mask said..you are confusing the issue.

Morality , religious beliefs and the Law of the land are all different subjects.

Murder is wrong.

Theres an old saying

you have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion



edit on 2-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)


Again, not confusing the issues at all....a member of one religion does not have the moral authority to tell a member of another religion their belief is wrong....period, that is it. Regardless of the details, Bob cannot tell bill that marrying two women is wrong or murder is wrong. The definition of moral action is not universal.....The definition of a LEGAL act is also not Universal.



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 


But its India's law that says murdering is wrong.. it has nothing to do with a religions disagreement.



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 


Actually moral action is pretty universal.......

Not sure that many religions this day and age condone murdering children........

But keep on your tangent, you are confusing the issues, and making excuses because of some crusade you have against religions............



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The problem here is that we are confusing legal with moral.....Look up Immanuel Kant and his standards of what defines a moral action.

One point: An action done for the good of the whole is moral regardless of how bad the act is.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
The problem here is that we are confusing legal with moral.....Look up Immanuel Kant and his standards of what defines a moral action.

One point: An action done for the good of the whole is moral regardless of how bad the act is.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)


Really, and what part of eating her liver was good for all?

There is a difference between "belief" in good for all.........and what is actually good for all......

Hocus pocus doesnt fall into that



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


Nice re-direct.....so because I say one group should not and cannot tell another that they are immoral and wrong, I am now on a crusade......That is impressive.....No morality is not universal, heck it isn't even a standard between texas and california...and if you think so, then I am debating with a brick wall.



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
wrong thread!


edit on 2012/1/2 by Aeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by pointr97
The problem here is that we are confusing legal with moral.....Look up Immanuel Kant and his standards of what defines a moral action.

One point: An action done for the good of the whole is moral regardless of how bad the act is.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)


Really, and what part of eating her liver was good for all?

There is a difference between "belief" in good for all.........and what is actually good for all......

Hocus pocus doesnt fall into that


Aww, isn't that the point, what one believes as fact, another believes as hocus pocus.....what you think is poison is another man's bread.....what you believe is truth is in fact a lie.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.


you did not just equate the taking of wine and bread in a church (a sort of symbolic act) with the murder of a girl, you didn't just do that did you, as if you did you would have to an insane sort of person driven to extrems of relativism


My good rip

edit on 2-1-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


Nice re-direct.....so because I say one group should not and cannot tell another that they are immoral and wrong, I am now on a crusade......That is impressive.....No morality is not universal, heck it isn't even a standard between texas and california...and if you think so, then I am debating with a brick wall.


Yes because in the same sentence you cannot claim the opposite........

You have no right to say what they did was ok, if we are to use your thought process..........



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Judging an individual(s) in another country under a different belief system is what is happening....You are not approaching it with an open mind to their situation......Honor killings, I don't agree with at all....ever, but i got news for you, they happen a lot and that is far worse than sacrificing a girl for the communal good.



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


Nice re-direct.....so because I say one group should not and cannot tell another that they are immoral and wrong, I am now on a crusade......That is impressive.....No morality is not universal, heck it isn't even a standard between texas and california...and if you think so, then I am debating with a brick wall.


Yes because in the same sentence you cannot claim the opposite........

You have no right to say what they did was ok, if we are to use your thought process..........


Uhm, I Never Said it was Okay....do not put words in my mouth......I said very specifically, we cannot judge the morality of the act, only feel sorry for it.

Okay, tell you what....give me one example when one religion can go to another and tell them they are wrong...
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by pointr97
The problem here is that we are confusing legal with moral.....Look up Immanuel Kant and his standards of what defines a moral action.

One point: An action done for the good of the whole is moral regardless of how bad the act is.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)


Really, and what part of eating her liver was good for all?

There is a difference between "belief" in good for all.........and what is actually good for all......

Hocus pocus doesnt fall into that


Aww, isn't that the point, what one believes as fact, another believes as hocus pocus.....what you think is poison is another man's bread.....what you believe is truth is in fact a lie.
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)


Nope two psychotic people who believe eating a little girls liver doesnt equate to what "I think"

Infact i would bet my next paycheck that the people in that area who heard of this were appalled and heart broken......

So no that isnt the point........

One mans poison is anothermans bread? are you making up your own words of wisdom here?

Well feel free to drink the Arsnic laced Kool-aid.........i mean , bread and juice



posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Judging an individual(s) in another country under a different belief system is what is happening....You are not approaching it with an open mind to their situation......Honor killings, I don't agree with at all....ever, but i got news for you, they happen a lot and that is far worse than sacrificing a girl for the communal good.


It is not ok to murder a 7 year old girl in India. That is the judgment of the law of India. The only conflict here is in your mind.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join