It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 7, is murdered in India and has liver cut out in sacrifice to the gods for a better harvest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

A girl of seven in India was murdered and had her liver cut in a ritual sacrifice to ensure a better harvest.

Two men, both poor farmers, have now been arrested in central India for allegedly carrying out the killing, police said today.

Lalita Tati disappeared in October and her dismembered remains were found a week later, said Rajendra Narayan Das, a senior police officer in the Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh state.

The water fall that was the scene of the terrible murder.

Police arrested the men last week and they told officers they killed the girl to appease their gods and get a better harvest.

Tati was walking home after watching TV at a neighbour's house when she was kidnapped, Das said.

The two men confessed to cutting her open and removing her liver as an offering.

Das said the police had gathered enough evidence, apart from the confessions, to charge the two with murder.

Source

This is just terrible, i sometimes wonder if some of the people in India even know what century we are in.

It was only a couple of months ago we had a story about a woman from India who killed and cooked her husband into a curry.

edit on 2-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Im not intending this to be racist or offensive to the indian people but this is why we live in developed countries

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
maybe its all about their culture. but its a bad news for the whole world

edit on 2-1-2012 by chacky because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by chacky because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Civilized? I'm sorry, I do not see that as being any different than 'the body of Christ....'.....Religion is religion, beliefs are beliefs.....Anyone that draws a line between what religious act is acceptable and what isn't is ignorant of what faith is.....Think about it, their gods are just as important to them as yours are to you, and their traditions are just as important......Oh, and other religions are older than the accepted Christianity....I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.

Two wrongs dont make a right..

Any religion that thinks that murdering a child to appease their God is ok is just wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting.....was that what I was saying?......I am pretty sure that the intent I was getting across is judging one religion while practicing another is hypocritical.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Am I the only one that actually read the OP?

Two idiots murdered a girl, my heart out to her, and were charged with murder.

I could look through current events today to find similar senseless killings in civilized countries, but

I dont think ATS has enough bandwidth to handle them all.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Maybe i misunderstood what you were trying to say. Apologies

I think one of the main problems whit religion is that they tend to just be rules made up by humans on how you should worship your God.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Maybe i misunderstood what you were trying to say. Apologies

I think one of the main problems whit religion is that they tend to just be rules made up by humans on how you should worship your God.

EXACTLY!!!.....seriously....Looking through history, it sickens me to see the atrocities done in the Name of God.....There has been more death, destruction, and chaos in the name of religion than any single tyrant or dictator.....It isn't the religion itself.....Faith is good....believing in a Power is Good, it gives us hope and foundation....It is when we impress one religion upon another that we have got issues....What, my invisible deity is better than your's? Seriously? However, at the same time, and this is in all fairness, I believe in a God, and so by that definition, I can not fault those men for believing what they were doing was right in their own heads. Again, I do not condone or justify what they did, but I can't say that in their religion, in their culture, in their way it wasn't their last resort to survive as they saw it. They are not Americans or Europeans raised with different ideals and standards.....When judging others, we have to put our situation on a shelf and try to understand it from the point of one raised in that culture and that belief structure. Human sacrifice, blood religions have been around a very very very long time.....and those things that are ancient are hard to dispel.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

With regards to the woman cooking her husband.....Crazy acts do not understand borders, that was just crazy not religious......Or, she was seriously pissed with him, again, not a national thing...Examples can be found in a ton of countries regarding the same type of acts.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I guess, my point, we can judge, but we would be wrong to....we can get on a soap box, but that box is full of the same type of stuff (hypocritical)......What we need to feel is just empathy for the loss of that girl, and that there are places in this world that have very different views on the value of life.....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

...I am not condoning the act, but do not pull out the civilized card, because christians all over the world drink Jesus' blood and eat his body.

yeah and they use wine and bread to do it, just like he did in the bible at the last supper.......

They dont go out and murder people and eat their body parts.......

that analogy falls flat

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
yep, the bible has no examples of human sacrifice......good point.

Oh, but isn't it the 'intent' of the act? If you are intending it to be something, then it is?
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

And I am curious....

Killing one girl for the good of the whole to appease a deity OR

Killing EVERYONE that doesn't convert to your religion.....

Which is worse?
edit on 2-1-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is people who were never educated. Like people from Africa who thought eating vulture brains would give them special gambling powers to pick a winner. Or the people who think raping babies in Africa will cure their aids. Not to be coming down on Africa but these were the first examples that came to mind. History if full of bizarre rituals and sacrifices that leave the educated western world scratch their heads as to the logic behind such acts.
edit on 2/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I guess, my point, we can judge, but we would be wrong to....we can get on a soap box, but that box is full of the same type of stuff (hypocritical)......What we need to feel is just empathy for the loss of that girl, and that there are places in this world that have very different views on the value of life.....

Not at all , for one i dont follow a religion. Also it is not acceptable to kill people for the sake of religion in that country because the people who did it got arrested. So they must share the same views on the value of life.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Wait now.....In the US it is illegal to marry multiple women, yet there are religions that say that is per the book....so which is wrong?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well most of the time the law of the country is held over the beliefs of religion. Thats why these people were arrested.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Wait now.....In the US it is illegal to marry multiple women, yet there are religions that say that is per the book....so which is wrong?

is that the same as cutting up children and eating their body parts.......

stop trying to justify the issue.......or confuse it with something else.......

Polygamy, tho im not in favor of it, by comparison is no where near as bad as the above story

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
We must look at this more deeply, one must understand the poverty the farmers are in, to justify killing a child for prosperity. Farmer suicides has been going on for a long time now!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

is that the same as cutting up children and eating their body parts.......

stop trying to justify the issue.......or confuse it with something else.......

Polygamy, tho im not in favor of it, by comparison is no where near as bad as the above story

How am I confusing the issue, what one action in the name of religion is acceptable but another is not? Sorry but religion doesn't work like that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join