It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the mayans don't exist as a people anymore

Your absolutely wrong on this fact. Go to Cancun Mexico and tell me they don't exist. They got Half-Mayans doing the tours at Coba and other pyramids. They still have Old Mayan Villages with pure Mayans living there as aboriginals of Mexico. They are protected by the government there. They live like they did decades ago and beyond.

Go and tell them they don't exist while they try and sell you their hand-made trinkets.

I hate when people talk like they know stuff, yet they very obviously are ignorant.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by twitchy

The beliefs of the modern Maya are not the same as those as the ancient Maya. Ever since the arrival of the Spaniards a great many of their traditions and beliefs were lost while many others were merged with the Christian beliefs of the Europeans. Throw in the fact that there are very few, if any, Mayans today who are capable of reading the old language. Once again, with the arrival of the Europeans their traditional alphabet was phased out and the Latin alphabet was phased in. From the texts and inscriptions we have found from the Classic period one can safely claim that none of these 2012 claims have any basis in the traditional Mayan cosmology.

No one can read the old language. No codex for it has been found like in Egypt. That's why when people talk like this calendar is the end of the world, most who are knowledgeable laugh at them and discard their opinions quickly.

End of the world 2012 is a hollywood fantasy the masses ate up and regurgitated to their friends. It's the epitomy of history turned to myth/legend.

If people actually took time to really learn they would have their answers and stop repeating fallacies such as this.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The mayans thought they had foreknowledge. Unfortunately it didn't save them from their own demise. Obviously they didn't know enough. Predicting the end of the world is like trying to predict the rapture, anyone that says it's going to happen on a certain day ends up being wrong. Know one is meant to know that, but...with sacred astronomy, the prophet Daniel knew when Jesus was going to be born. Yah uses our solar system like a clock to time key events using the constellations (galaxy/universe) as a backdrop.

Screw sacred geometry, sacred astronomy is where it's happening. Believers call it "signs in the heavens and signs in the earth".

Knowing what happens on a solar level after careful study gives the ability to have insight on the universe and how it moves, but certainly does not make you a prophet of your people. They are quite a different beast.

All these people talking like the Mayans were prophecy oriented is unproven, people just assume that without any research. They measured carefully what they know and did not spend time with trivial "what ifs". That fact is reverberated in what they built and wrote.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

one thing that we need to remember is that it is not only the Maya who mention this 2012 date, or even place an importance on a roughly 26,000 period, even if the only mention of dec 2012 is in the end of the long count, this is still significant and rather revealing of what they were aware of.

Yes! It is very important for people to realize that this information did not originate with the Mayans. There is a saying that those not aware of history are doomed to repeat it. It appears that there was a nuclear war in our past that wiped out the ancient civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria. Even the Bible corroborates the Sumerian accounts of Enlil and Enki with the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. The evidence for nukes is there. Put that together with former Canadian Prime Minister Paul Hellyer's admission of "what really happened" at Roswell and it appears that we have a very evil force today that wishes to nuke the place again. There's no better way to reduce population of the useless eaters by up to 90 percent as per the Georgia Guidestones.

One of the responses I usually get when it comes to the Mayans is "well if they were so smart why couldn't they prevent their own demise". This is merely the reasoning that results from a lack of research. Any group that has any sort of gnostic wisdom has been attacked and destroyed by the Power Elite cabal of black magicians that have been ruling this planet for apparently 13,000 years, not coincidentally the length of the "dark night" of a 26,000-year Precession of the Equinox. I suggest to anyone who thinks along these lines to get this book and read it:

Atlantis and 2012: The Science of the Lost Civilization and the Prophecies of the Maya

www.amazon.com...

Book Description

Publication Date: February 16, 2010

Traces Maya astronomy back to Atlantis
• Shows that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis
• Correlates scientific studies with the Mayan Calendar to reveal that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age
• Reveals the link between Atlantis and Lemuria discovered by Edgar Cayce

Based on more than 25 years of research around the globe and statements from Edgar Cayce about Atlantis and its Pacific sister civilization of Lemuria, Frank Joseph reveals that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis. Uncovering the Atlantean influences in both ancient Mesoamerican culture and ancient Egyptian culture, he links the demise of Atlantis with the birth of the Olmec civilization in Mexico (the progenitors of the Maya), the beginning of the first Egyptian dynasty, and the start of the Mayan Calendar.

Joseph explains that the Mayan Calendar was invented by the combined genius of Atlantis and Lemuria and describes how it predicts an eternal cycle of global creation, destruction, and renewal. Correlating this recurring cycle with scientific studies on glacial ice cores and predictions from the Hopi, the Incas, and the Scandinavian Norse, Joseph reveals that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age and the advent of a massive solar storm. However, Joseph shows that the Maya knew the way to reestablish civilization’s cosmic balance before time runs out.

edit on 3-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: formatting

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by cornucopia

Hi corn,

I have been put right here, on this earth, in order to proclaim Jesus.

Hey, it is tough but we do what we have to, right?

Huh? So your going to declare publicly, typically insistently, proudly, or defiantly and in either speech or writing that Jesus exists and that's is your only purpose?

I think Jesus had much more in mind for you then regurgitating his teachings. Maybe you should live by them and be an example of them and stop being so zealous.The ramblings of the church already shut the ears of the non-believers, you really think you will change that with your Proclamations?
All your doing is closing the ears of the non-believers further.

You guys need a new method, cause repeating the mistakes of your forefathers will only lead to further degradation of your movement.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blinded
reply to post by Blarneystoner

the key part is not the alignement... stop focusing on the alignment , because of the alignment there will be this and that. This is not true.

Balance is finally here for the first time , the polarity of our planet disappears.. it becomes a balance with the galaxy... it becomes neutral... it is not right nor wrong... nor positive nor negative... only a balance between the 2. that is the key. we will have a change our mind, a big change of the materialist world cause it won't exist no more.

The key for activate human DNA is to be balanced with the EMF on earth. You cannot do that as we speak, because the earth is not in a balance motion, but either to much positive or negative. Once balance, you will become balanced with the earth EMF. The ether will become balance in the solar system and will activate the power of the one. We will all remember, where we are from, what we are... the fifth world...

Remember... the key is to believe in yourself... not in all the gods, not in all the sacred things we have on earth, but in yourself. Remember: there are many gods, but there is only one sun.

Namaste

I grok it...

You've probably heard of the OM or AUM chant; the most common chant in Hindu, The sound is believed to be the name of God, the original primordial sound of creation, the 'Anahat Nada', the "Unstruck Sound"; the frequency of vibration eminating from the center of the galaxy.

If you believe that the stars and planets effect our frequencies than it's not a very far leap to consider that the frequency eminated from the center of the Milky Way would also have an effect on our own individual vibrations.

I just wanted to help clear up a few misconceptions about the whole 2012 thingy....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Looks like they're going to succeed again.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Blinded

lol Oh my friend, it's precisely because I believe in myself, and not what some self-proclaimed 'enlightened' one tells me, that I said what I said. That I have ties to the so called 'new age' industry and have seen the monster from the inside is not relevant at this point. I'll tell you what I 'believe', since you mentioned my beliefs so many times. I believe that, if there is anything 'changing' this world, is not some unseen force from outer space or some anonymous alien race, but something very much our own: technology. It's technology that is bringing us closer than we ever thought possible. It's technology that is informing us about events happening thousands of miles away, right on the moment they happen. It's technology that is giving hundreds of people around the world a taste of what freedom and liberty are like for the first time in decades. It's technology that is showing us tragedies and catastrophes right when they happen, when only 30 years ago they would have been nothing but a passing headline in the newspaper. It's technology that is broadening our horizons, teaching us more about the world we live in, and opening our hearts to millions that suffer, because it has shown us their faces and their struggle. Imagine, Japanese Twitter users learned about the earthquake before they even felt it! THAT is what is changing the world, an onslaught of human intercommunication at the most basic level. The rest is nonsense.

I'll tell you another thing. We humans believe ourselves to be so... important, so indispensable in this universe. Why is that? So what if tomorrow indeed the earth stops spinning on its axis and the continents mash together and all of the human race is wiped out in a second. So what??? Every day, every second a human being dies on this planet: wouldn't you say that THEIR world as they knew it has ended? All I know is, that I'll try my best to live my life under the principles and values and morals that my parents, and their parents before them, passed on to me, and that I will try to do the same for my children when the time comes. I won't live my life in fear of what will come. I will just live.

Take care

edit on 3-1-2012 by DarkVeela because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think the change has a lot to do with us perceiving the 4th dimension. I have a feeling that most aliens/demons are just four dimensional beings that we channel unconsciously, or they channel us consciously and influence our decisions and actions. Hopefully our planetary allignment will expose to some extent the presence of other beings among us.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto

Originally posted by jahn369
reply to post by biggmoneyme

21 de diciembre de 2012 will be the end of the calendar, the end of an era (cronologically speaking), and the beggining of the fifth sun, acording to ancient tales, but we will not see anything different.
Mayan population around here are not worried, but neither making ceremonies or big changes.
All that spiritual change has to be done, but not at o thinking of an specifical date, but we should do it now, and every day, just because we need it.
That´s all.

Yes, what you say makes more sense than what the other 99% have said, by long shot. ( not referring specific to this thread but in general )

Another thing I find entirely stupid is when some say, when we cross the center of our galaxy, we will be fried by the plasma burst, coming from the center of massive black hole or what ever. Well I am no physicist, but if there were a plasma burst as such we would already be able to see it and it would be perpendicular to the flat plane of the galaxy, so it would never hit us anyhow.
That is almost as stupid as when Hawking predicted the universe would go in reverse, everything would happen just as it had but in exact reverse.This is one reason I don't put much on what he says, Hawking's Rays, and he gets paid for this stuff.

But maybe we will get gravity wave, from this crossing, we will see very soon now.

edit on 3-1-2012 by googolplex because: add dis clamier

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkVeela

The world according to you. Thanks for the rant but you provided no evidence to prove or disprove anything which is what these forums are about. While technology does provide intercommunication on a global level I doubt that it has significance 2012.

We all know, if you researched properly, the 2012, December 21st date is just a shift in the ages. It's not visible to the naked eye at all, many before us have went through it and survived.

This is not a mystery at all, those who think it is are reading the wrong resources. Get off ATS and do some true research before preaching beliefs.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

How does this clear up the whole "2012 thingy" you mentioned? Your grasping at straws here. How does this belief clear anything up? It's not an absolute answer, it's debatable. Your only confusing the message further just like the MSM does with their daily news.

Its a changing of the ages that's it. Nothing more. Stop debating stuff that has no facts to support it. Thanks.
edit on 3-1-2012 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Ok... That was more rude that I had even expected lol I wasn't ranting, I happen to be Latin, and as my American boyfriend would say, we are passionate about what we say. I'm very sorry if you took that as a rant! lol

Now, on to the seriousness. I find it very funny that you bring up the word 'evidence' when talking about stuff that seriously has no evidence at all, given that they're nothing but 'predictions'. 'Evidence' would be documented, certified proof that anything the so-called enlightened ones of the world have ever said has come to pass. Alas (and fortunately for the rest of us, it never did). In fact, such lack of evidence from your side of the fence is enough evidence for my side of the fence to say, they are nothing but CHARLATANS, and guess what, I don't see them giving away any of their ill-begotten gains, taken from thousands of scared people too weak and too blind to see their crookery; on the contrary, they just change their claims a bit, blame somebody else, and go back to making money of unsuspecting victims all over again. THAT is my evidence. You search the web, the cases are there by the hundreds.

Honestly, people. One comes here to debate in good heart, but obviously it is impossible. That is why ATS is not what it was 5 years ago. Good bye, and good luck saving yourselves in a few months.

edit on 3-1-2012 by DarkVeela because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I read that December 2012 is the wrong date. And anyway, it was supposed to be 2003, but it never happened.

It's all based on a tablet carved 1300 years ago. And even then there's no prophecy about the end of the world, nor of a "change" as it is now being spun. That's just all modern garbage with no support in Mayan archaeology.

I bet there is not a single person on this thread that can tell why the Mayan calendar had a 5,126 year cycle in the first place.

So, I hear you talking, but I'm definitely not listening.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

one thing that we need to remember is that it is not only the Maya who mention this 2012 date, or even place an importance on a roughly 26,000 period, even if the only mention of dec 2012 is in the end of the long count, this is still significant and rather revealing of what they were aware of.

Yes! It is very important for people to realize that this information did not originate with the Mayans. There is a saying that those not aware of history are doomed to repeat it. It appears that there was a nuclear war in our past that wiped out the ancient civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria. Even the Bible corroborates the Sumerian accounts of Enlil and Enki with the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. The evidence for nukes is there. Put that together with former Canadian Prime Minister Paul Hellyer's admission of "what really happened" at Roswell and it appears that we have a very evil force today that wishes to nuke the place again. There's no better way to reduce population of the useless eaters by up to 90 percent as per the Georgia Guidestones.

One of the responses I usually get when it comes to the Mayans is "well if they were so smart why couldn't they prevent their own demise". This is merely the reasoning that results from a lack of research. Any group that has any sort of gnostic wisdom has been attacked and destroyed by the Power Elite cabal of black magicians that have been ruling this planet for apparently 13,000 years, not coincidentally the length of the "dark night" of a 26,000-year Precession of the Equinox. I suggest to anyone who thinks along these lines to get this book and read it:

Atlantis and 2012: The Science of the Lost Civilization and the Prophecies of the Maya

www.amazon.com...

Book Description

Publication Date: February 16, 2010

Traces Maya astronomy back to Atlantis
• Shows that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis
• Correlates scientific studies with the Mayan Calendar to reveal that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age
• Reveals the link between Atlantis and Lemuria discovered by Edgar Cayce

Based on more than 25 years of research around the globe and statements from Edgar Cayce about Atlantis and its Pacific sister civilization of Lemuria, Frank Joseph reveals that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis. Uncovering the Atlantean influences in both ancient Mesoamerican culture and ancient Egyptian culture, he links the demise of Atlantis with the birth of the Olmec civilization in Mexico (the progenitors of the Maya), the beginning of the first Egyptian dynasty, and the start of the Mayan Calendar.

Joseph explains that the Mayan Calendar was invented by the combined genius of Atlantis and Lemuria and describes how it predicts an eternal cycle of global creation, destruction, and renewal. Correlating this recurring cycle with scientific studies on glacial ice cores and predictions from the Hopi, the Incas, and the Scandinavian Norse, Joseph reveals that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age and the advent of a massive solar storm. However, Joseph shows that the Maya knew the way to reestablish civilization’s cosmic balance before time runs out.

edit on 3-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: formatting

yeah, good stuff...

except the dark ones are NOT allowed to use nukes,,,

this comes from the top

thanks

hugs

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

How does this clear up the whole "2012 thingy" you mentioned? Your grasping at straws here. How does this belief clear anything up? It's not an absolute answer, it's debatable. Your only confusing the message further just like the MSM does with their daily news.

Its a changing of the ages that's it. Nothing more. Stop debating stuff that has no facts to support it. Thanks.
edit on 3-1-2012 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

Did you bother to read my previous post? You read a response to a another poster and assumed that you know what I'm talking about. I was talking about alignments. Stop being an idiot.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Looks like they're going to succeed again.

Yes it may look that way, but why would UFO's be disabling nukes for decades only to allow the Power Elite to finally smoke the Earth?

CNN - NPC - UFOs disable Nuclear Weapons

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All this myan stuff scares me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

that is just plain wrong. why would you say that? go to the yucatan.. they're everywhere.. you might as well say the chinese don't exist anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this thread. Last week I was constantly watching Armagedon week on the History channel, taking in all kind of beliefs and stories about what might happen on Dec 21, 2012. You thread is very different, and one theory I haven't heard before. I hope you are correct in the sense that we will take on a higher level spiritually. I have always felt that is what is lacking in out world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join