It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There is probably no-one alive who understands the entire pictographic 'alphabet' (for want of a better word) the Mayans used, not even the surviving and local Mayans themselves.

I do believe it is just an incredibly long calendar but I don't believe it will bring any kind of change, they can't know that these pictures from so long ago describe a time so far in the future where the world will be ready for change.

It's all only speculation and mathematical theory.

There will be no sudden clarity of mind or social unification because this world we live in doesn't support such things any more. If the world had a heart, it would be dark, and it would require a removal of many millions of people to make it right again, the darkest people darken others lives. But removing these people would be a dark act in itself, making the world darker still.

I may sound pessimistic, and I suppose I am, but with all these social and FIRST WORLD problems like greed, and materialistic needs, they are the ruling forces over many now, not the search for peace or enlightenment.
I do not think the worlds problems will suddenly resolve after this magical date.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I can tell from what he's saying that these "Mayan elders" are the likes of Hunbatz Men and Don Alejandro. Both of these men have taken the writings of 2012 "researchers" and then repackaged them as ancient Mayan wisdom. Many of the claims made in what you posted are demonstrably wrong and come from the likes of John Major Jenkins and Jose Arguelles. It's true that the K'iche Maya (and only the K'iche) talked about multiple incarnations of Earth in the Popol Vuh there is no indication that this represents traditional Mayan beliefs. There is no mention of such a thing anywhere during the Classic period (the Popol Vuh comes from the post-Columbian period) and it has been found that the Popol Vuh along with the books of the Chilam Balam were written with significant influence from Christian beliefs.

What a way to spoil the Party!!!

So all I what to know is from 21st of December will I never have to work again or pay taxes? Will a loaf of bread be cheaper?

That's the question people will ask and base their opinion on!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the mayans don't exist as a people anymore

That is the key thing for me .. the Mayans were wiped out long ago, they have descendants in a way but the understanding of the Mayan people was lost with their culture.. these elders aren't much of an authority if you really ask me. ( Don't even get me started on the crystal skulls, which have NO historical ties with the Mayan people )

Another thing people lose sight of with all this Mayan fear mongering is that this calendar has cycled 15 times already and the world has hummed on each and every time.. it's a cyclical calendar.. when it ends, it just starts at the beginning again.. as it has done 15 times since it's inception.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So many different beliefs, interpretations, hopes and fears - with the inevitable section of inhumanity who see it as a way of increasing their power and material wealth, forever looking for new things to exploit. And that's what has made us such a dominant species on this planet, our ability to exploit everything we come across, animal vegetable or mineral, thoroughly trash it and move onto the next thing to destroy.

But hey everyone, we havn't got much left to exploit have we? Our only chance is surely to evolve into beings who learn to coexist with all life without sucking it dry and leaving it under a ton of litter, and that, to me, is what 21/12/12 is all about. We can do that now, or wait for the Earth to give us a mighty big nudge in that direction, change or face extinction.

Sadly I think we are going to get nudged, probably arguing about what caused climate change, who is to blame for the financial mess, playing 'my god is better than your god' and generally looking for someone to sue.

2012 - we cannot say we havn't been warned!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Errm - yes they do. Their descendants are all over Central America - Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala etc. It's a common misconception that the Mayan people disappeared from history, due mainly to some confusion on the part of scientists back in the 60's-70's.

However, the Mayans were right under their noses - they just didn't recognize them initially.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have heard this theory before but if it is true, how come everything I am imagining isn't coming true? I want more money and a new computer. Why can't I create it...

U
edit on 3-1-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
why not get your information directly from the source?

The simple ideas are the best

The first five-year stretch of transition from August 1987 to August 1992 was the beginning of the destruction of the material world. We have progressed TEN years deeper into the transition phase by now....

Just checking that's a typo/error, and is supposed to say 'TWENTY' years

....that element is 'ETHER'.

Or String Theory, as physicists now interpret it:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

That is the key thing for me .. the Mayans were wiped out long ago, they have descendants in a way but the understanding of the Mayan people was lost with their culture.. these elders aren't much of an authority if you really ask me. ( Don't even get me started on the crystal skulls, which have NO historical ties with the Mayan people )

Another thing people lose sight of with all this Mayan fear mongering is that this calendar has cycled 15 times already and the world has hummed on each and every time.. it's a cyclical calendar.. when it ends, it just starts at the beginning again.. as it has done 15 times since it's inception.

15 times? I am not saying your wrong but I was under the impression that it was a 3600 year cycle..

2012 would be debunked by now wouldn't it?

U
edit on 3-1-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You should have a look into the recently discovered mayan codices, as they depict crystal skull ceremonies, not to get you started that is....

Also I don't really think you are in any position whatsoever to be judging the legitimacy of any of these Mayan elders, minister.

Another thing is that with each turn of the cycle, some sort of evolution takes place, if we look at it within the (roughly) 26,000 year time frame of the long count, we can see that it correlates to the precession of the equinoxes, and also to the vedic yuga's. People like to 'fear monger' when it comes to this topic, sure, but don't let that get in the way of appreciating the sophistication of the Mayan civilization and it's calender, that would be a big mistake.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
As many others have said, these guys aren't Mayans. I'm not sure what "clan" they derive from, but they don't understand or know how to correctly interpret Mayan texts.

Regardless, I can feel that this year is going to be a...well...a year of change.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Basically these Mayan elders are saying Ron Paul will become president and humanity will be transformed. People said Margaret Thatcher wouldn't become prime minister of the UK and she did, strange things have happened.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
K so nothing will happen in 2012? Then what? back to taxes, wars, pillage, rape, abuse, racism, religion?

Look back at human history..Ages change..just like your own...

If Ages never changed..we would all be in your caves..fighting wooly mammoths for food...

Things change.. dont deny it..

No one says nothing will happen in 2012. A lot will, just as it did the year before and just as it will the year after.

Things surely change and some changes are more far reaching than others. But no, most are not expecting a cataclysmic change to happen on a specific date in the future.

WORLD IS RIPE FOR A MIRCALE

The world was always ripe for a miracle. Only, miracles haven't been occurring

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Does it not depend which 'Mayan elder' you are listening to? I have seen a recent TV interview where they totally debunk everything. The tourism authorities are however planning to make as many bucks as possible during the countdown.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

the ether is where zero point energy comes from...YIPPIE HURRAY!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
At the bottom of these prophecies is belief, and belief is the strongest force available to us humans at this time.

What we believe is what we search for proof of, and as such, what we find.

One of the more interesting theories regarding the mayan calendar is that it has a wheel that measures consciousness, not time.

From what I can understand, it measures our human ability to raise our consciousness, and what will happen as a result of that process.

Or in the words of John Lennon, 'War is over, if you want it.'

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

I Like your Alistair Kitty

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have met with, and been in ceremony with Don Alejandro, otherwise known as Wandering Wolf. He has spoken about all of the insanity that has been building up among the ignorant in this world, who insist that the Mayans believe we are going to have some kind of an apocalypse. It's time people who believe in this fallacy, learn the truth and stop pushing false information.

When he speaks of a new sun, he speaks in spiritual metaphor. Understand what this means for you and for the world. He believes we will ascend to higher spiritual levels of being, if we are right in our bodies and minds. If we are right on our life path. If we are concerned with the material world, if we concern with things that don't serve a higher purpose, we won't see the new sun.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Does it not depend which 'Mayan elder' you are listening to? I have seen a recent TV interview where they totally debunk everything. The tourism authorities are however planning to make as many bucks as possible during the countdown.

There may be a few "Mayan" charlatans, you have them in every single culture. And there are A LOT of stupid people descending upon their country, thinking they are going to get spiritual, when the majority of them are there to appropriate whatever they can. New agers, etc. Even frauds in the United States will appropriate the Maya and use it to charge for what "teachings" they can give people here.

Suddenly people want their guru, and they want to ride on some wave of an oncoming apocalypse that is not going to happen.

If people are going to inundate these people over the next year... they may as well make a profit, as I have seen them do with their woven clothing, and other goods they make by hand and charge SO little for it. They are a poor people for the most part, depending on where you are.

You think they want to see the white woman claiming she's got a Cherokee princess grandmother in her ancestry, descend on their village so she can get spiritual with them? NO LOL believe me they don't appreciate when new agers show up with their drums and start pounding away at the ruins acting ridiculous, calling upon Mayan Gods like Chaac. They deal with it as best as they can and treat these misguided people with respect. So lets not put down the Mayans for charging money for goods where they can, for their own survival. If money from these tourists provides extra clothes for their children, repairs on their homes, or what not, let it be as such.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
So basically after that date living things on earth will be able to interact and use the new element of "ether" in the same way we use and interact with water, air..etc.. ?

kinda,

i heard when we enter the photon belt or when the frequency here activates our "junk" DNA, we are going to see energy, you will see a more true reality

you can tell if someone is lie by the energy coming from him/her....no more secrets

i'm telling you all, all will be revealed

the bs ends and love begins

see why the dark dont want this happening? they like control, slaves, war, etc...

f that, not what i want, i wish for and pray for love and peace everday!

thank you God...

thank YOU

such a great time to be here and to be HUman

thanks

choose love and lets play a new game

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
"If you established any spiritual foundations in the previous year, now is the time to build on those foundations. Consider yourself as having been issued a Creative License by the Universe. While the world changes under your very feet, you can begin embodying your Angelic Self and learn to wing it." ~Inelia Benz

Thank you for posting this very important information. It seems as though we have two groups of people. The ones who adamantly oppose these ideas are standing on one side of the ethereal room and the ones who believe in these theories on the other. The "cosmic force" is not going to drag you kicking and screaming into the world of Love and light, you can go if you want to. For those standing in the middle wondering which way to go, I hope you will come with us - the more the merrier.

In addition to those thoughts, science is now beginning to understand under the quirky laws of quantum physics that up to an infinite number of alternate universes exist. You may exist simultaneously in (many) more than one universe. So, if anyone did ascend to a higher level of consciousness on any given date (whether that was Oct 28, 2011 or Dec 21, 2012) no one would necessarily be aware of it. So no one can say for certain whether anyone did ascend or will ascend. So go ahead and make your choice - no one but you will know about it.

edit on 2-1-2012 by angellicview because: (no reason given)

well said

hugs

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join