It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I think you would be one of the people that would really enjoy a trip to Central America doing it the local way. By that I mean going there and rubbing elbows with the locals. You eat in local eateries and ride the local buses and stay int he local hotels instead of the tourist places. It is really interesting and you learn a lot more than being insulated from the local experience through an organized tour.

The places I went to had some wonderful traditions. I can't claim to know that I understood very much, but I did have the opportunity to see many interesting things. It's culturally rich and a blend of many traditions.

So a few folks down there are cashing in on the 2012 whatever by repeating whatever someone else has said. The whole affair works because there are people that think that being Mayan lends weight to the statements. Would these same people dare say that something must be true since a while person said it?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by cornucopia

So now you compound this hoax with even more baloney to address the simple fact that this is a hoax.

That's pretty typical of people that fall for hoaxes. Instead of doing the obvious which is to learn from a mistake there are some that continue to perpetuate the mistake by adding more baloney onto the heap.

Not only is there no elevated radiation in the area there is no evidence for an atomic explosion which leaves tell tale evidence.

i know that what is going on is not a hoax, my words may not prove this, but i know at the soul level it is true..

all is well, continue on with your life...

it's just not fair for you to say something is a hoax they way you and some others say because i am not telling you to belive anything, just sharing thoughts and ideas..

just different realities

i prefer world peace, abundance for all, spirituality, activated DNA, utopias...

i come from worlds that live that way

i know we can do it here and it is our time

thank you

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Absolutely evidence can and does come from non-academic sources.

Often though there is overlap such as in the claims of Mayan elders. When the claims from the individuals clashes with academic sources and when people lend weight to their claims because of their heritage then their claims are called into question.

It is not always possible for later generations of a culture to know the mind set of their forebears.
So if Mayan elders are claiming prophesy it could be their interpratation of what they thought their forebears spoke of - Yet they would need proof - I think our culture can look back and overlay romantic notions - How many interpretations are there of say John's Revelation - His revelation was believed to be occuring in the 1300s by people back then. I listen and am interested in what Mayan elders say but one has to make one's own mind up on such matters.

how about psychics?

yes we can know the past in perfect detail if you truely desired to know, you can ask

ask yourself

yeah i like to check out what people have to say too, good to communicate with each other huh

thanks bro

hugs for all

brothers and sisters...

gosh...so amazing yet so strange how some people do not see this fact

oh well, keep on living and doing my best to love

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yes your trip to South America sounds like a true adventure - If I were to go I would do as you did for sure.
I am not one for organized tours etc.
Nearest I have ever been to S.America was a few dreams I had concerning past times.
One dream was about Human Sacrifice another was in Peru where an earthquake was happening.
I have always been drawn to Peru - I love the look of the peoples and their traditional dress.
I once briefly knew an Ecuador woman - she was from a small village and married an Irish Proffesor.
It sadened me how she spoke of being looked down upon by City folk.
But yes South Amarica trip the way you describe sounds wonderfull

edit on 6-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Absolutely evidence can and does come from non-academic sources.

Often though there is overlap such as in the claims of Mayan elders. When the claims from the individuals clashes with academic sources and when people lend weight to their claims because of their heritage then their claims are called into question.

It is not always possible for later generations of a culture to know the mind set of their forebears.
So if Mayan elders are claiming prophesy it could be their interpratation of what they thought their forebears spoke of - Yet they would need proof - I think our culture can look back and overlay romantic notions - How many interpretations are there of say John's Revelation - His revelation was believed to be occuring in the 1300s by people back then. I listen and am interested in what Mayan elders say but one has to make one's own mind up on such matters.

how about psychics?

yes we can know the past in perfect detail if you truely desired to know, you can ask

ask yourself

yeah i like to check out what people have to say too, good to communicate with each other huh

thanks bro

hugs for all

brothers and sisters...

gosh...so amazing yet so strange how some people do not see this fact

oh well, keep on living and doing my best to love

I try to understand all sides of a discussion - sometimes I react - sometimes a penny drops -
I believe unless someone is out right trying to decieve each has their own view and each is valid.
Sometimes my feeling go against logic yet sometimes my feeling were showing me something logic could not.
Logic is as good as the information it holds but sometimes logic can not see the unforeseen if you get what I mean.
I do feel the world is changing - It certainly is not the same place I was born into - more years ago than I care to say.
I believe in a better world for all much the same as many do - What that world will look like I can not say - I can share ideas but do not expect any to agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

i hear ya

amazing times to be here, this is the climax of the dark/low consciousness ways....also many are waking up, we are like two beings in one body....people not awake, living by program and/or egos or the body..

i know because i was asleep untill 08 and i am 37 years old now, before that night i was pro-war and everything, then i woke up to my true self which is of love & light and could not hurt anything....i know we are all brothers and sisters, i know we are not alone

there are some hidden and not so hidden truths that when revealed/known will raise the consciousness on this world by a large amount

all shall be revealed

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

i hear ya

amazing times to be here, this is the climax of the dark/low consciousness ways....also many are waking up, we are like two beings in one body....people not awake, living by program and/or egos or the body..

i know because i was asleep untill 08 and i am 37 years old now, before that night i was pro-war and everything, then i woke up to my true self which is of love & light and could not hurt anything....i know we are all brothers and sisters, i know we are not alone

there are some hidden and not so hidden truths that when revealed/known will raise the consciousness on this world by a large amount

all shall be revealed

As Dickens said (More my era lol) It was the best of times - it was the worst of times.
Yes some things are really simple to understand.
Do unto others ......etc
We are at the Dawn of what will be - It becomes more and more obvious we need to do something different.
To Arise and be the potential we are or to stay on a path of self destrution.
Everyone makes choices in their every day life - It starts with simple things I believe.
Just a smile of recogognition from a fellow Human being can lift a persons day.
I think we all know right and wrong
edit on 6-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well they couldn't have made an eternal calendar now could they??

They had to stop at some point

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

The Mayans have missed out an a real money spinner.
They should have made an Advent calender or event - Open the first window and there you see an earthquake,
second window - aliens landing etc

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Mayans have missed out an a real money spinner.
They should have made an Advent calender or event - Open the first window and there you see an earthquake,
second window - aliens landing etc

awesome!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Except all end periods are associated with some event, say scientists who study the calendar.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Not they don't. Unless by "scientist" you actually mean people like Calleman. A period of 13 baktuns is roughly equivalent to 5,000 years. This means that human civilization existed and was keeping records the last time one of these cycles ended. None of them report any mass-extinction or earth-shattering event from this time period. We can also look at the geologic record and find that there were no mass die offs or whatever during these periods. Furthermore, if we go with the claim that we are about to enter into the Fifth Sun and that each previous Sun only lasted 13 baktun you would wind end up with a period of 20,000 years. We know that the Earth is much older than this. We also know that humans are older than this. So, if the Maya were so accurate in their "predictions" why did they ignore billions of years of Earth history and tens of thousands of years of human history?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'm not talking about an event as in 'end of the world'... All sorts of events spiritual, ritual whatever, a change, space event, etc. The division into these periods alone speaks for itself - they marked the beginning and the end of something..
edit on 6-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

If you're going to use these cycles you have to go with what the Maya say about them. The only place that these 13 baktun cycles occur is the Popol Vuh. It specifically states that each one of these cycles is associated with an apocalyptic event that allows things to begin anew. It's this cherry-picking of data and complete fabrication of facts that allowed this 2012 nonsense to turn into the circus it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Imtor

If you're going to use these cycles you have to go with what the Maya say about them. The only place that these 13 baktun cycles occur is the Popol Vuh. It specifically states that each one of these cycles is associated with an apocalyptic event that allows things to begin anew. It's this cherry-picking of data and complete fabrication of facts that allowed this 2012 nonsense to turn into the circus it is.

actually all cultures know of this time

hopi/native americans, even the bible talks of the apocolypse....lol, i mean look around

i know you are skeptical now, but you wont always be that way, i mean eventually you will crossover and be like, lol...

trust me

(high five in spirit)

namaste

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you have falling for not only a hoax but a very poor hoax at that.

The best thing to do is to learn from the mistake of having fallen for this hoax.

I dropped a hint earlier. A nuclear explosion leaves tell tale marks other than radiation. Find out what they are and then wonder why the hoaxers did not try to address these issues.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you have falling for not only a hoax but a very poor hoax at that.

The best thing to do is to learn from the mistake of having fallen for this hoax.

I dropped a hint earlier. A nuclear explosion leaves tell tale marks other than radiation. Find out what they are and then wonder why the hoaxers did not try to address these issues.

i know this time is not a hoax, so...lol, you can't manipulate me

i'm not concerned with the past or nuclear explosions..
, i am all about the now and future

you should put your energy into more positive thoughts bro

you are loved so much...
edit on 8-2-2012 by cornucopia because: added some words

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Sometimes we can have a knowing of things that logic and science can not always explain
Sometimes science leads other times it lags behind
I am not defending or trying to prove anything by this statement
If one knows something to be true and speaks that truth what does it matter if it is not believed

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There are many people that believe they are right. It is seen all of the time from politicians to religious folks to financial folks to all sorts of sports fans. It doesn't make anything right.

People would like to take bows for every wild guess that turns out right and simply forget about all of the failed guesses. This is seen in gamblers. They forget about their losses and remember the few wins.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The ancient nuke war is a hoax. 2012 is a hoax. Hoaxes are not rare. They are common.

Did you ever bother to find out what sorts of tell tale marks nukes leave behind?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join