It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
see how these elders are quite Race obsessed in their outlook, only the "indigenous" can correctly interpret prophecy..............

How exactly does that equate to anything 'race obsessed', I live in western North Carolina and I couldn't interpret a word of Cherokee, the Cherokee can. Do you really think it's racism or maybe it's just just knowing their own mythology.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto

Originally posted by jahn369
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Actually, you're wrong about that: "The Maya peoples never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores and the subsequent Spanish colonization of the Americas. Today, the Maya and their descendants form sizable populations throughout the Maya area and maintain a distinctive set of traditions and beliefs that are the result of the merger of pre-Columbian and post-Conquest ideas and cultures." en.wikipedia.org...

Precisely.
Only I don´t read it from the wiki, I live here in Yucatan. I´m Yucateco. Mayas are more than a reality, we are the citicens of this land.

About the thread, some of what was writen is right, but it ended up being another of the 2012 theories, you know, breaking poles, water up, etc., and, because of the answer to the guy who said that the mayans do not exist, ("many reincarnated to ..."), I say either the OP or the asumed mayan guy who said all that, knows actually not much, or are just taking other theories.

21 de diciembre de 2012 will be the end of the calendar, the end of an era (cronologically speaking), and the beggining of the fifth sun, acording to ancient tales, but we will not see anything different.
Mayan population around here are not worried, but neither making ceremonies or big changes.
All that spiritual change has to be done, but not at o thinking of an specifical date, but we should do it now, and every day, just because we need it.
That´s all.

Thank you. Glad to see there's someone else from the Yucatan on here, I'm in Playa del Carmen. The OP and the other poster saying he is a reincarnated Maya or something are just making stuff up. Sadly, I see most of the responders on this thread are going along with them.

The Popul Vuh was written after the white men came, with heavy influence from the Catholic church.

The real Mayans do NOT think the world is going to end. It's the end of the Long Count, that's all.

That's like thinking New Year's Eve is the end of the world every year.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

The beliefs of the modern Maya are not the same as those as the ancient Maya. Ever since the arrival of the Spaniards a great many of their traditions and beliefs were lost while many others were merged with the Christian beliefs of the Europeans. Throw in the fact that there are very few, if any, Mayans today who are capable of reading the old language. Once again, with the arrival of the Europeans their traditional alphabet was phased out and the Latin alphabet was phased in. From the texts and inscriptions we have found from the Classic period one can safely claim that none of these 2012 claims have any basis in the traditional Mayan cosmology.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

oh right, I see you are right from taking a quick look, my bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It sadens me deep in my heart when I see people running the media hyping this matter in a negative way, and the consumers are falling for it.. 2012 is a year of enlightement and truth just like the ancient mayas have predicted. Cudos to this thread!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The mayans thought they had foreknowledge. Unfortunately it didn't save them from their own demise. Obviously they didn't know enough. Predicting the end of the world is like trying to predict the rapture, anyone that says it's going to happen on a certain day ends up being wrong. Know one is meant to know that, but...with sacred astronomy, the prophet Daniel knew when Jesus was going to be born. Yah uses our solar system like a clock to time key events using the constellations (galaxy/universe) as a backdrop.

Screw sacred geometry, sacred astronomy is where it's happening. Believers call it "signs in the heavens and signs in the earth".

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by cornucopia

It seems to Me that if We eliminate the need for money - by releasing free energy tech (electrogravitics) from black ops, Our planet will lose its material focus in favor of a Betterment Ethic.

If You would like to learn more on this, please visit My thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We CAN create heaven on Earth, in willful co-creation.

EDIT to add... The energy is drawn from the aether...
edit on 1/2/2012 by Amaterasu because: addition

cool, thanks for sharing

yeah free energy tech exists and will make big changes, it's gonna come out....everything is going to come out

higher powers at play

thank you

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

Originally posted by cornucopia

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the mayans don't exist as a people anymore

many have reincarnated for this exact mission, many have come back to this world to help at this time...

i have come here to assist in the ascension process..

you ever go see a psychic? or ever go to a spritual hypnotherapist, someone who can speak with your guides/soul?

you ever ask for Truth?

ask yourself

isn't this the same stuff being told about Oct 28th 2011, and nothing ascended at all, ya'll just keep changing the dates around, nothing will happen except you'll still pay taxes

lol,

do you believe in anything spiritual?

how about cosmic family "ufos"?

there is so much more to life than what you can see with your eyes...

dreams, how do you explain that?

lol

ahh, well...all is well

lol

i know we are spiritual beings having human experiences, i know i will not die.....ever

i know we have family throughout the cosmos, i can communicate with them, i have seen them up close, i have seen an extra terestrial human up close

hmm...

life is epic yo!

lol

thanks God

thank YOU

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So basically after that date living things on earth will be able to interact and use the new element of "ether" in the same way we use and interact with water, air..etc.. ?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The golden age.

Let it spark.

Let our hearts yearn for the new,

Let us learn, let the old burn

Welcome new energies...we have been waiting for you!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the Maya should be hiring a team of lawyers to get the money that these scam artists have been making.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
The real Mayans do NOT think the world is going to end. It's the end of the Long Count, that's all.

Exacly, a "real" Mayan said there was no such thing as a 2012 end-of-world event/scenario but a transition from one era/period to another. That's all.

*Off-topic*: The scam artists should stop fooling people by now since it is already 2012.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

No, I do believe that was supposed to be the rapture..

No, your thinking of Harold Campings October 21st 2011 rapture end date. The Mayan October 28th 2011 date he was talking about apparently was supposed to be ascension.

Judging by our history of end time predictions I have little faith in this one, but still they say "this one is really the one".. like they did for all the others.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"If you established any spiritual foundations in the previous year, now is the time to build on those foundations. Consider yourself as having been issued a Creative License by the Universe. While the world changes under your very feet, you can begin embodying your Angelic Self and learn to wing it." ~Inelia Benz

Thank you for posting this very important information. It seems as though we have two groups of people. The ones who adamantly oppose these ideas are standing on one side of the ethereal room and the ones who believe in these theories on the other. The "cosmic force" is not going to drag you kicking and screaming into the world of Love and light, you can go if you want to. For those standing in the middle wondering which way to go, I hope you will come with us - the more the merrier.

In addition to those thoughts, science is now beginning to understand under the quirky laws of quantum physics that up to an infinite number of alternate universes exist. You may exist simultaneously in (many) more than one universe. So, if anyone did ascend to a higher level of consciousness on any given date (whether that was Oct 28, 2011 or Dec 21, 2012) no one would necessarily be aware of it. So no one can say for certain whether anyone did ascend or will ascend. So go ahead and make your choice - no one but you will know about it.

edit on 2-1-2012 by angellicview because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to join tonight. So hello, everyone!

Although, I don't believe in this year bringing the so-called apocalypse, the way it affects others is very interesting to me. As we enter 2012 I find myself reading more about the Mayans, Timewave Zero, and the hundreds of other failed predictions. This particular piece intrigued me due to the simplicity of his response. Whether what he is saying has any validity or not, makes no never mind to me. This is a man who could single-handedly feed us with anything he wanted. He tells us to love. So simple...yet so hard for the world to do.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Hi corn,

I have been put right here, on this earth, in order to proclaim Jesus.

Hey, it is tough but we do what we have to, right?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
It sadens me deep in my heart when I see people running the media hyping this matter in a negative way, and the consumers are falling for it.. 2012 is a year of enlightement and truth just like the ancient mayas have predicted. Cudos to this thread!

EVERY fricking year can be a year of enlightenment and truth - do you need a scammy new-age author making up lies in a book to help to you enlighten IN A SPECIFIC YEAR because he said so IN HIS BOOK?

Come on...(en)lighten and don't be a fool!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hilarious thread.

People of Mayan ancestry say the date is nothing more than end of a very long cycle and the beginning of a new one like a New Year on the Gregorian Calendar.

People brought up on linear time concepts want to look at as an end of the world "prediction".

New-agers of the same linear time concept desperately trying to fit a "spiritual awakening prediction" to the same date.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
*Off-topic*: The scam artists should stop fooling people by now since it is already 2012.

But it is not Dec 21, 2012 yet.

But of course, a new date for end of the world, "spiritual awakening" has to be invented once we are past that and I have a lingering suspicion it will be

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Oh, rab,

I have been waiting for someone like you!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join