It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
why not get your information directly from the source?

you are creating your reality right now, you choose who you are and what you are about...

dream your dream and enjoy yourself...

love, forgiveness, truth, joy

thank you

Carlos Barrios, Mayan elder and Ajq'ij (is a ceremonial priest and spiritual guide) of the Eagle Clan. Carlos initiated an investigation into the different Mayan calendars circulating. Carlos along with his brother Gerardo studied with many teachers and interviewed nearly 600 traditional Mayan elders to widen their scope of knowledge.

Carlos found out quickly there were several conflicting interpretations of Mayan hieroglyphs, petroglyphs, Sacred Books of 'Chilam Balam' and various ancient text. Carlos found some strong words for those who may have contributed to the confusion:

Carlos Barrios: "Anthropologists visit the temple sites and read the inscriptions and make up stories about the Maya, but they do not read the signs correctly.

lettertorobin1.site.aplus.net...
edit on Sat Jan 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
the mayans don't exist as a people anymore

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

edit on Tue Jan 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

many have reincarnated for this exact mission, many have come back to this world to help at this time...

i have come here to assist in the ascension process..

you ever go see a psychic? or ever go to a spritual hypnotherapist, someone who can speak with your guides/soul?

you ever ask for Truth?

ask yourself

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

It seems to Me that if We eliminate the need for money - by releasing free energy tech (electrogravitics) from black ops, Our planet will lose its material focus in favor of a Betterment Ethic.

If You would like to learn more on this, please visit My thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We CAN create heaven on Earth, in willful co-creation.

EDIT to add... The energy is drawn from the aether...
edit on 1/2/2012 by Amaterasu because: addition

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thank you
While I already know everything that is there, it doesn't hurt to see it again.

Much love,

David.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great thread. Flagging and coming back later to finish reading responses.

I agree that the energy between is pure. I can see it all around me.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Had this stuck in my head for so long sounds a lot like my point of view of things

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Actually, you're wrong about that: "The Maya peoples never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores and the subsequent Spanish colonization of the Americas. Today, the Maya and their descendants form sizable populations throughout the Maya area and maintain a distinctive set of traditions and beliefs that are the result of the merger of pre-Columbian and post-Conquest ideas and cultures." en.wikipedia.org...

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahn369
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Actually, you're wrong about that: "The Maya peoples never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores and the subsequent Spanish colonization of the Americas. Today, the Maya and their descendants form sizable populations throughout the Maya area and maintain a distinctive set of traditions and beliefs that are the result of the merger of pre-Columbian and post-Conquest ideas and cultures." en.wikipedia.org...

Precisely.
Only I don´t read it from the wiki, I live here in Yucatan. I´m Yucateco. Mayas are more than a reality, we are the citicens of this land.

About the thread, some of what was writen is right, but it ended up being another of the 2012 theories, you know, breaking poles, water up, etc., and, because of the answer to the guy who said that the mayans do not exist, ("many reincarnated to ..."), I say either the OP or the asumed mayan guy who said all that, knows actually not much, or are just taking other theories.

21 de diciembre de 2012 will be the end of the calendar, the end of an era (cronologically speaking), and the beggining of the fifth sun, acording to ancient tales, but we will not see anything different.
Mayan population around here are not worried, but neither making ceremonies or big changes.
All that spiritual change has to be done, but not at o thinking of an specifical date, but we should do it now, and every day, just because we need it.
That´s all.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I can tell from what he's saying that these "Mayan elders" are the likes of Hunbatz Men and Don Alejandro. Both of these men have taken the writings of 2012 "researchers" and then repackaged them as ancient Mayan wisdom. Many of the claims made in what you posted are demonstrably wrong and come from the likes of John Major Jenkins and Jose Arguelles. It's true that the K'iche Maya (and only the K'iche) talked about multiple incarnations of Earth in the Popol Vuh there is no indication that this represents traditional Mayan beliefs. There is no mention of such a thing anywhere during the Classic period (the Popol Vuh comes from the post-Columbian period) and it has been found that the Popol Vuh along with the books of the Chilam Balam were written with significant influence from Christian beliefs.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto

21 de diciembre de 2012 will be the end of the calendar, the end of an era (cronologically speaking), and the beggining of the fifth sun, acording to ancient tales, but we will not see anything different.
Mayan population around here are not worried, but neither making ceremonies or big changes.
All that spiritual change has to be done, but not at o thinking of an specifical date, but we should do it now, and every day, just because we need it.
That´s all.

I've considered that as well. Almost as if 2012 is the release date for Humanity 2.0 but we are the ones that need to make that deadline.

Kind of like a bunch of programmers twiddling their thumbs, waiting around for the release date on their latest project not realizing that it is they who needs to be working on it and that it won't happen just because the release date arrives.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What a beautiful thread. It brought chills to my spine! While I knew some of these details, I could never seem to find a source that spelled it out (dummed it down for the average person).
We as a race are incredibly self destructive. Probably 90% of the things that could wipe our species out are caused by us. I really hope we can make it another year without totally destroying ourselves and this earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

No we aren't we was just made to think we are! Given the right time and place etc we are a very loving race.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
... nm

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
see how these elders are quite Race obsessed in their outlook, only the "indigenous" can correctly interpret prophecy..............

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

many have reincarnated for this exact mission, many have come back to this world to help at this time...

you ever go see a psychic? or ever go to a spritual hypnotherapist, someone who can speak with your guides/soul?

you ever ask for Truth?

ask yourself

isn't this the same stuff being told about Oct 28th 2011, and nothing ascended at all, ya'll just keep changing the dates around, nothing will happen except you'll still pay taxes

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

No, I do believe that was supposed to be the rapture..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

you ever ask for Truth?

ask yourself

im done seeking

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

No, I do believe that was supposed to be the rapture..

no oct 28th was supposed to be ascension, nothing about rapture, can't make a youtube video about the rapture if you don't know when it will happen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join