It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you change the World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
People always think they know better than others. I myself think it's my way or the high way. So... we have all heard the expression, 'If I was President'... well... lets go.. your now President... what exactly will you do?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Day 1) I would use the newly signed NDAA and round up all the bankers,signers of the patriot act and NDAA,military contract holders,lobbyists and billion dollar company tax evaders. Not tell anybody and watch any stragglers slither away... Day 2)... nope, don't think I would need a second day.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
William Shakespeare

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What about illnesses?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

1. Announce an end to American interventionism and nation building. "We will seek to spread democracy and liberty by serving as a shining example of our own ideals rather than forcing it at the point of a gun." Set a 6 month time frame for the closing of 90% of U.S. bases on foreign soil, leaving only a slim infrastructure of staging grounds in the event of a WWIII level calamity.

2. Institute a government purchasing policy that mandates 90% of goods purchased by each department, bureau or agency be manufactured entirely in the United States. From pens to electronics to jets and cars.

3. Declare proper use of tax incentives for corporations, immediately closing loopholes and bogus tax breaks. No longer will tax breaks and subsidies be given on the assumption that our corporate overlords will use the money for the employment/betterment of society. They get the carrot when they behave well as seen below.
3a. Announce that the energy company that develops and implements a 100% renewable, clean power source capable of meeting the power needs of any one of the 10 largest U.S. cities will be granted top to bottom tax exempt status for a period of 10 years with an additional 10 year phase in period back to a traditional taxation model.
3b. Announce a series of similar tax-free benchmarks for things such as mass transit, clean/renewable cars, infrastructure developments etc.

4. Draft legislation which links CEO and BOD payscales (including bonuses, profit sharing and all other soft money) directly to the wages of the lowest earning employee. A set ratio in the neighborhood of 20 to 1 should improve the quality of life for the underclasses, broaden the middle class and still not hurt our precious billionaires too much.

5. Return the markets to a tangible investment based model as opposed to the current perception/manipulation market. This will be done by passing legislation which require invesment vehicles from stocks to bonds to mutual funds and insurance be no more than 2 steps removed from the original source of income.

6. Re-route all savings in defense spending from the end of senseless wars and imperialism into our education system, while repealing NCLB, requiring an end to tenure, and requiring that all public school districts establish an account financially reward sustainable innovation.
6a. Increase funding for charter schools with a clear pipeline in place to allow excellent charter school companies and administrators to be able to take over underperforming schools.

7. Demand line item veto powers and announce that any riders and add ons not directly related to the core intent of any piece of legislation will be cut regardless of merit. Each initiative gets its own legislation for maximum transparency.

That should be a good start.
edit on 2-1-2012 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would do the exact opposite of everything that is being done now.
edit on 2-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join