reply to post by Kostas
1. Announce an end to American interventionism and nation building. "We will seek to spread democracy and liberty by serving as a shining example of
our own ideals rather than forcing it at the point of a gun." Set a 6 month time frame for the closing of 90% of U.S. bases on foreign soil, leaving
only a slim infrastructure of staging grounds in the event of a WWIII level calamity.
2. Institute a government purchasing policy that mandates 90% of goods purchased by each department, bureau or agency be manufactured entirely in the
United States. From pens to electronics to jets and cars.
3. Declare proper use of tax incentives for corporations, immediately closing loopholes and bogus tax breaks. No longer will tax breaks and subsidies
be given on the assumption that our corporate overlords will use the money for the employment/betterment of society. They get the carrot when they
behave well as seen below.
3a. Announce that the energy company that develops and implements a 100% renewable, clean power source capable of meeting the power needs of any one
of the 10 largest U.S. cities will be granted top to bottom tax exempt status for a period of 10 years with an additional 10 year phase in period back
to a traditional taxation model.
3b. Announce a series of similar tax-free benchmarks for things such as mass transit, clean/renewable cars, infrastructure developments etc.
4. Draft legislation which links CEO and BOD payscales (including bonuses, profit sharing and all other soft money) directly to the wages of the
lowest earning employee. A set ratio in the neighborhood of 20 to 1 should improve the quality of life for the underclasses, broaden the middle class
and still not hurt our precious billionaires too much.
5. Return the markets to a tangible investment based model as opposed to the current perception/manipulation market. This will be done by passing
legislation which require invesment vehicles from stocks to bonds to mutual funds and insurance be no more than 2 steps removed from the original
source of income.
6. Re-route all savings in defense spending from the end of senseless wars and imperialism into our education system, while repealing NCLB, requiring
an end to tenure, and requiring that all public school districts establish an account financially reward sustainable innovation.
6a. Increase funding for charter schools with a clear pipeline in place to allow excellent charter school companies and administrators to be able to
take over underperforming schools.
7. Demand line item veto powers and announce that any riders and add ons not directly related to the core intent of any piece of legislation will be
cut regardless of merit. Each initiative gets its own legislation for maximum transparency.
That should be a good start.
edit on 2-1-2012 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)