It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#ISupportRonPaul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I do not post often on ATS, but I read these forums daily. For those of you who may have seen my name around, especially when dealing with American politics, you may know I am a strong supporter of the United States Constitution above all else.

I am currently registered as a Republican voter in order to elect Ron Paul as the Republican nominee, after which I will be switching back to the Libertarian party. I am aware of ATS' rules regarding the formation of protests and gatherings, but I have not been led to believe this extends to social media networks; in this case, Twitter hashtags.

For what it's worth, being the day before the Iowa caucus, if you are a supporter of Ron Paul and also happen to use Twitter for personal or political purposes, I believe it would be beneficial to use the #ISupportRonPaul hashtag to express why you support the candidate. The effect may be minimal, but nevertheless it may also cause others to research Ron Paul, or at least cause current supporters to learn more about him.

----------------------

Let me explain why I support Ron Paul;

Last election I was a few months too young to vote for the future President of the United States, and to be honest, I didn't really care too much. While listening to speeches from Ron Paul I began to wonder about the current state of our nation - this is when my interest in politics, U.S. political history, and ways to positively change our country started.

I am a Libertarian and Constitutionalist, and I support Ron Paul because he caused me to become aware, to pay attention and care about what happens to the land that I took for granted.
edit on 1/2/2012 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good words. This is the type if thinking that will save the nation, otherwise be ready to become the Imperial States of the New World Order.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Ron Paul is an old gadfly politician who's been around and running for President since G_d was a girl. He will not be nominated by the Republican party nor elected president by the voters in November 2012 even if he runs as a third party candidate.

Mr Paul's views about and opposition to the growing National Security State are courageous. But the best place for him to do something about them is in the U.S. Congress where laws are enacted and can be repealed. Mr Paul has been in the House for a long time and so far has enacted only one piece of legislation. Before electing him president I would like for him to put together the coalition that will either significantly amend or repeal the Patriot Act. Once he has done that I a "liberal" Democrat would take a long hard look at him even though his economics are those of a century or two ago.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sorry dude, but Ron Paul is NOT going to be your savior. While I truly admire his foreign policy and belief that the U.S. military is for defensive purposes only, his social policy is stuck in the 1800's. It seems to me that no one who supports Paul really has a clear understanding of his social policy, including the fact that he wants to deregulate adoption, and feels that abortion should be illegal even in the cases of rape and incest. So here ya go... no if's and's or but's about it... these are his views...

ontheissues.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunatux
reply to post by Konah

Mr Paul has been in the House for a long time and so far has enacted only one piece of legislation. Before electing him president I would like for him to put together the coalition that will either significantly amend or repeal the Patriot Act. Once he has done that I a "liberal" Democrat would take a long hard look at him even though his economics are those of a century or two ago.

As much as you could blame him for not enacting more pieces of legislation, couldn't you also blame the treasonous politicians currently residing in the Congress for usurping the underlying principles of the Constitution? Also, aligning yourself to a party, as a "liberal" Democrat, before the Constitution and your country is your first error; what has party-politics achieved for our nation... ever?

Believe what you will, but what is your alternative? More of the same? Two-faced, treasonous liars? Obama, again? Do you really think Keynesian economics is going to save the world by continuing the boom-bust cycle?

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
Sorry dude, but Ron Paul is NOT going to be your savior. While I truly admire his foreign policy and belief that the U.S. military is for defensive purposes only, his social policy is stuck in the 1800's. It seems to me that no one who supports Paul really has a clear understanding of his social policy, including the fact that he wants to deregulate adoption, and feels that abortion should be illegal even in the cases of rape and incest. So here ya go... no if's and's or but's about it... these are his views...

ontheissues.org...

It seems to me that those who oppose Ron Paul don't seem to understand the majority of his policies. In my OP I explicitly stated I was a Constitutionalists (read: I believe our politicians should act strictly within the confines set by the Constitutions and enact laws that are bound by the same constraints) - so I'm not sure of the point you are attempting to make. You should do a little bit more research yourself while attempting to discredit the man, who would indeed like to decrease Federal regulations to leave the decisions up to the States. I understand his views very well, it seems that you are the one who should be doing the reading and understanding the role of the Federal government, as laid out by our Constitution.

@Both of you

I understand you do not support Ron Paul for your own reasons, and I honestly could care less. The way in which you both have responded obviously shows your lack of support in or desire to follow the Constitution, so we will never agree; this is not the point of my post. The point of my OP was to forward fellow supporters to an outlet to express their support Ron Paul before a crucial vote. Plenty of other threads exist to debate whether or not you entertain his values.
edit on 1/2/2012 by Konah because: Grammar

edit on 1/2/2012 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I understand Ron Paul’s points of views, I have done my research and you must look deeper into why his legislation are opposed, everybody laughs at his political views, even though they know deep inside he is right on everything he says, congress is bought and paid for along with the media; who in turn twist Ron’s views and words to make him appear stupid, dumb, etc… a proven fact over the last few weeks.

The problems with most people are they are not prepared to take the upcoming collapse that is going to happen with or without Ron Paul. Congress will continue to prop up a failed system until there is no escape from it. When that happens, things will be 2 or 3 times worse. Ron Paul is the only candidate that is willing to take on the cause of the problem… and willing to put a plan in place to correct and fix the system.

If you want to be stupid again, go ahead and vote for the other controlled candidates, keep listening to the controlled media minds, all of which are controlled by corporations and elites. These people don’t care about the average American, all they care about is how they can make more money and how they can manipulate laws so that they can control everything without being opposed by us, the American People.

top topics

join