It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather States Documents Are Authentic!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I used to date a girl who was a journalist in NY, so I'm real cynical of the news, but isn't it a little convenient to print the story on a weekend cycle, when no one is around to respond until Monday? All weekend people will just hear the charge, not the response.

EDIT: Or I'm I being too cynical?

Yeah, I think you're being too cynical.

With 24-hour news networks like Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc., there's really no such thing as the "weekend" anymore when it comes to news coverage. Also, when it comes to newspapers, the Sunday paper is the thickest of the week and most likely to be read. Even people who don't have newspaper subscriptions will buy and read the Sunday paper.

If Matt Drudge is right wing trash, then Dan Rather is left wing trash. So I guess there's plenty of trash to go around.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I agree with you on that. This was the first time I heard Kerry called JFK .

If memory serves, we never saw him use his middle inital until 2004. Such a blatant use of famous initials. The "F" stands for phony

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I agree with you on that. This was the first time I heard Kerry called JFK .

If memory serves, we never saw him use his middle inital until 2004. Such a blatant use of famous initials. The "F" stands for phony

I checked John Kerry's website, and I only saw the "F" once, in his biography. I checked his site as Senator, I couldn't find the "F" at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

This document hoax stinks. I've never contacted one of the big three before. But I will now....

CBS News, President Andrew Heyward.

I only found this number: 212 975-3248. Their office hours are 8A to 9P, Mon - Fri. Next week I am going to call and tell them that Dan is done. I'm not going to watch CBS again until he's gone.

Does anyone know the email address or fax number for Mr. Heyward?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
CBS won't name its source for those "incriminating" documents about President Bush's National Guard service. That would violate its high journalistic principles (although lying about our president does not).

Instead, we get poor old Dan Rather, the crazy uncle of network news, insisting that those documents could have been typed on an early-1970s super typewriter, that there might have been just the right outrageously expensive machine in that fly-specked National Guard office � and that an officer who had never used it before would use it for note-taking.

Let me share some reality with Uncle Dan. I served in our active-duty military five years after those documents purportedly were written. I was in Army intelligence. And only the big boss's secretary had an electric typewriter � one too primitive to create those documents.

I worked on a manual machine made in East Germany (swear to God). In 1977. In a front-line division. The National Guard got the junk we didn't want. CBS lied. The sad thing is that they just might be able to stonewall America.

That's network news, folks. Defend forgeries. Defend "journalists" who support terror. Let our soldiers die. Let the American people rot. And trash our president in wartime.

No wonder al-Jazeera and al-Arabiya get away, literally, with murder.

Link:
www.powerlineblog.com...

[edit on 15-9-2004 by nanobyte]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Bill Burkett was set up I bet....... He would be a perfect suspect because of his unreliable history. Do you guys smell sabotage in the works. Someone is working overtime in the kitchen. The unimpeachable source is surely an opperative working underground brewing stuff up. hmmmm I wonder who they are?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It seems to me this thread needs an updated title.

Odd

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There are none so blind of those who will not see. Of course, any attack on George W. Bush , or should I say ST George has GOT to be wrong.

There are too... there are the blind that insist upon driving buses.

Beleive it or not, the man is not wrought of pure evil. He has done and will continue to do things that achieve positive results, whether or not you care to admit it.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Oh god what positive results has he accolplished please enlighten me?
Just name one unarguably positive result please I am begging to hear this?
I dont hate bush I just hate his policies.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
AWOL Fraud - at ABC, CNN, and FOX!
.... All 3 networks gave time to retired Lt. Col. John "Bill" Calhoun, who claims he saw Bush performing drills in Alabama in the SUMMER of 1972. There's only one problem with Calhoun's story - Bush's OWN records show Bush didn't get credit for any time until October. We don't need typewriter experts to prove that October is not in the SUMMER - making Calhoun's statements an obvious fraud.!

No - all it means is that the vast majority of people do not understand the way the pay system was back then. Everything was done on paper before it was input into a computer. There was quite a bit of lag time between when you performed any duty and when it got recorded and you got paid.

Of course it's been 32 years and people's memories fade, so on 2-24-04, Democrats.com submitted a FOIA request for Lt. Calhoun's records, to see if his drill dates overlapped with Bush's...

And if they don't
what does that mean?

Nothing. Maybe Calhoun was at the base for any number of reasons and saw Bush or ran into him or went to a flight briefing with him. Guardsmen put in a bunch of time for briefings, etc without being in a pay status.

(democrats.com...). However, in February the White House ordered the Pentagon to reject ALL FOIA requests - so the truth remains a mystery."

Nor should he, until and if Kerry authorizes the release of ALL of his records.

I don't think this was a CBS fraud. I'm just unsure now.

You ignore the 'authors' son and his wife, both of who state that they were forged. You ignore, not only one, but three document examiners that say the documents were questionable, if not forged. You ignore that the 'phantom' source can not be found and may not exist [it's not that hard to track him/her/it down].

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It cracks me up how everyone can be caught up in the debate over memos when the truth of the matter is that George Bush was AWOL for almost a year! Who gives a crap what the memos say, ask ol' George himself or rather those in his flight group. He failed to follow through on his physical for flight because he wasn't there! DOH! His fitness reports will state as much but you don't see that being handed out why? because they are under lockdown that's why. While John Kerry was patrolling a mozzie infested river waiting for enemy fire day by day Bush was partying down AWOl. We as Americans on a whole can be exceptionally naive at times thinking that the men in office are good little rich boys that tell the truth. Also Bush claims he is a christian but I don't remember Jesus Christ saying blow up little children my disciples.

I heard a guy from west virginia say on NPR that he was going to vote for bush because "you could see the compassion in his eyes and he believed Bush would do what he says he will do and that he does not believe he will give the terrorists room to relax but continuously slap them in the face."

How can Americans be so dumb? You actually think you can tell the heart of a person by what they say or what you see in their eyes on TV or because you FEEL he is a good person? Time always proves the person what he is or isn't. We are in Iraq for many reasons:

Bush plan - didn't have one was given options to choose from and was persuaded by cheney and rumsfeld to choose the wolfowitz plan - motivation - revenge for Dad

Wolfowitz plan - protect Israel, create democracy in Middle east, establish perimeter to fight terrorism (I didn't know civilians were great generals)

JCOS plan - increase budget, continuous combat experience, new weaponry, not necessarily in that order

Cheney plan - establish bases and corporations along oil pipeline, own all tire contracts, retire the biggest bad ass in washington

RESULTS:
Creation of a million man terrorist nation of which Syria and Iran will utilize for keeping pressure off themselves. Syria has always used other countries for warfare as they are masters of espionage to keep their country in tact. Who do you think trains palestinians to blow themselves up hmmm...
Just like Rome America will be accosted by the barbarian horde - terrorists. Baghdad will become an epicenter of wealth where money laundering and terrorist funding will reach new heights. Just as germany sacked poland so the United states will not stop there - oh the power of taking a country! Bush administration's favorite line, "take a number who's next?" Wanna see some action over the next 20 years join the military - you'll get plenty. Just make sure you don't drive a truck as US tactics have yet to adapt to urban guerilla warfare.

The think tank neo conservatives primarily the new american century severely lack in the study of cultural society namely muslim society. You cannot give power to a muslim nation especially those with a million + militia and expect them to not wage war against imperialists who do not know Allah. For one you must read the Koran to understand the thinking of a muslim extremist. You must understand that the words the Koran teach are to kill those who do not believe in Allah and accept Mohammed as prophet. Today when you search on the net Islam will be watered down with many preaching the kind, good Islam compared to yesterday's Islam. This is simply propaganda to take pressure off religious recruiting. Those who believe in a nice Islam do not accept the teachings of the prophet mohammed who believed in Jihad and wiping the infidels or unbelievers from the world and establishing a complete muslim state.

Thats the way it is and no debate can change this. Go to Mecca and ask any cleric in the street what the goal of the prophet mohammed is and what his commands are for the muslim nation. It's the same as democracy -world domination - so there will always be war. The new american century think tank wanted to strike first ASSUMING that you can spread the wire out as far as possible. The theory being that if we are fighting terrorism abroad it will be less likely fought at home. Where this theory came from (someone's ass) I don't know. Setup an A camp in Iraq and set your wire 400 meters out from your CP and see what happens - gooks in the wire!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join