It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal conspiracy possibly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here is the self explanatory off topic post which i wrote following an insight flash on another thread.....(Park Ranger Thread....)
Wondering if this little paranoid flash is even possible or economically feasable for the Org. Crime guys to attempt.....
Perhaps it would be years before they could harvest this new cash crop, but it may be a way to proliferate the stuff so badly it must be legalised or tolerated somehow.....?
Just thinking that Org Crime is in things for the long haul, and plans to be around as long as there is good pickings to be had living outside the law.....perhaps they have projects that take the longer term view of things...
Obviously there is the funds to hire all kinds of brains to forcast trends etc for them.....
waht say you?
Perhaps there are other things that may occur to you?

regards s

ps i didnt post this on the thread because i feel it ranges too far afield....

That hadnt occurred to me till just now......
You dont think the Cartels have transplanted the coca trees to the northern mountains do you?
It WOULD be the ideal scam because i sincerely doubt the LEOs nor many others really look for coca trees....They are looking for grows of a far less harmful substance which is illegal purely for political/socio/economic reasons........
I would be willing to bet that fifty times more ordinary people would recognise the latter than the former ......
The cartels have the resources to flood the northern mountain states with the right climates with wild coca trees.....
Not that they would want to have their markets usurped, so i think they could easily finance a control network as well.......
This would become a severe pain in the arse to law enforcement.....
As they are already quite overwhelmed with all the other problems which they deal with......
It would be fairly easy to get something like this going for the organised crime syndicates immense resources, and i am sure american gangsters are no less enterprising than south american ones.....
Perhaps there are already coca tree grows in the US......unbeknownst to the law.....
It isnt my area of expertise, but it seems thatthe right conditions must be available somewhere in N americas vast hinterlands.....
Wonder of LEOs have even begun to consider such a proposition.....
US crime syndicates would probably just LOVE to cut out the myriad south americans taking their end off the shipments of coke going north, driving up prices at this end, and cutting profits.
Anyone really know if this kind of criminal operation may be feasable or even on record as actually ever getting busted up here?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
delete this
edit on 2-1-2012 by akapapasmurf because: (no reason given)

new topics

join