It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Who Support Ron Paul: What About Your Reproductive Freedom?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Medical and Science has been used in abortion cases.

Faith is a belief. It is opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
The discussion here is about an individuals rights. Not a discussion on abortion.

The conclusion on Individuals Rights is not uniform? The right of abortion granted by the Federal Government is definitely uniform and not an opinion.

I don't disagree, but having a discussion of a particular right doesn't preclude discussing the substance of that right. It's actually about Ron Paul's stance on Roe v Wade and that this is something the Federal Government needs not create a blanket for.

Rights are not granted. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words so I won't bully the point.

In either case, because the government says or does something does not mean it's right or correct so I certainly can't hang my hat on that. You failed to address my point or answer my question.

Peace
KJ

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

In either case, because the government says or does something does not mean it's right or correct so I certainly can't hang my hat on that. You failed to address my point or answer my question.

Peace
KJ

At this time I can't really focus completely.

Hubby is home on vacay for a week

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
At this time I can't really focus completely.

Hubby is home on vacay for a week

Hey, fair enough. Tell that pesky man to leave you be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think you need to take a step outside of your bubble and visit some other parts of the country. I grew up in New York and lived in Oklahoma. My neighbor was an evangelical christian and it was a common belief among evangelical Christians that their values are under siege from godless liberals from the 2 coasts. They resent the fact that liberal values are being imposed on them by federal legislation. If you stopped ranting and actually listened to people who disagree with you, you would learn a lot.

You can't force everyone to agree with you, so to co-exist peacefully you need to compromise with people you disagree with. I can tell you that a lot of people in this country are pro-life and disagree with your stances on abortion, and that if you insist on fighting them at the federal level it will be a battle that will never end. Ron Paul's position represents the best compromise possible in a country with such a wide diversity of views.

From my perspective, the fact that people have wasted so much time debating over a wedge issue such as abortion when Obama just signed NDAA into law is really disheartening. This is exactly what the ruling elites want, for the plebes to be fighting each other over wedge issues like guns, gays and god and leave them free to dismantle the constitution.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jz1984
. . it was a common belief among evangelical Christians that their values are under siege from godless liberals from the 2 coasts.

Oh! GAWD! Not the persecuted Christian argument.

True - - they are losing their control on this country - - as should be. They don't own it

RIGHTS! This is about Freedom of individual rights.

I know many Christians that are anti-abortion - - - but still have the brains to understand RIGHTS!

And support CHOICE - - - RIGHT OF INDIVIDUAL CHOICE.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

All this talk about rights ...

What about the rights of the INNOCENT who are slaughtered at the hands of American imperialism/militarism/nation building/undeclared/unjust/pre-emptive RESOURCE wars?

What about THEIR rights?

Obama is undeniably pro-war, having illegally bombed more countries than Bush did. As IF Bush wasn't violent enough.

And then of course there are the other spurious GOP candidates who are all unapologetic warmongers.

But no, Ron Paul is the true culprit, invading our rights like that ... leaving the matter of abortion to the states and people.

AT LEAST be consistent in your little crusade for "rights"

Looks like mudslinging and wild inconsistency aren't just left to the candidates.
edit on 4-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Only in America...

Can a 75 year old man still fossick around your womb and tell you what you must do with it.

YOU WILL REPRODUCE.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Only in America...

Can a 75 year old man still fossick around your womb and tell you what you must do with it.

YOU WILL REPRODUCE.

Only in America can a group of psychopathic leaders fossick around in oil-rich lands and not even bother to tell the innocent civilians what they must do

YOU MUST DIE

They're just murdered, without the liberty of being told about it.

Yeah. Guess THOSE women don't deserve rights. Guess you've decided American women > than innocent foreign women/men/children/babies.

The level of suppressed cognitive dissonance required to rationalize your argument is deeply unsettling.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
dp
edit on 4-1-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

The level of suppressed cognitive dissonance required to rationalize your argument is deeply unsettling

Lil harsh, but ok...and err I'm not american.
and errr I dont know what you are on about.

But ok.

Here a peace offering gift, Mormon magic undies from me to you.
Make sence? We on the same page now? good. Peace out.

edit on 4-1-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Harsh?

Harsh is dying needlessly at the hands of criminal interests, endorsed by an apathetic public.

Thanks for your disingenuous reply.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jz1984
I think you need to take a step outside of your bubble and visit some other parts of the country.

Excuse me? I an 56 years old and have lived all over this country.

I don't really care about the personal beliefs of evangelical Christians or whether or not they agree with me. I'm not forcing them to have an abortion OR to think it's a good thing. I just don't want to follow laws based on their religious beliefs. If they want to be religious, I'm all for it! But don't force me to live by their standards. I have my own.

... to co-exist peacefully you need to compromise with people you disagree with.

I don't need to compromise when the disagreement is over MY body and MY life. I make those decisions. No one else! They don't compromise with me when it comes to their lives... That's ridiculous!

Ron Paul's position represents the best compromise possible in a country with such a wide diversity of views.

Yes. It's a compromise. And he's not allowed to compromise with my life.

As I have said many times. The issue here isn't abortion. I disagree with Ron Paul handing so much over to the states. I used abortion to illustrate the problems inherent in the Federalist nation that is Paul's wet dream.

INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Yeah. Guess THOSE women don't deserve rights. Guess you've decided American women > than innocent foreign women/men/children/babies.

You do realize that Paul's non-interventionism would preclude him from being concerned about the "Rights" of women in other countries. Why should he worry about theirs if he's not even concerned with OURS?
edit on 1/4/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
ah geeez! abortion is NOT supposed to be birth control. The very fact that OP posted this thread as if Paul being anti-abortion also means he is against a woman's right to her own birth control is proof as to how insane the whole thing has become. Killing unborn babies as a means of birth control in itself is enough for me to want to repeal roe v. wade!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
The very fact that OP posted this thread as if Paul being anti-abortion also means he is against a woman's right to her own birth control is proof as to how insane the whole thing has become.

I didn't say or imply that Paul was against women having birth control. If the only way you can debate this is to put words in my mouth, your case is pretty weak.

I do agree that "this whole thing" is a bit insane.
But when a loss becomes a victory in your mind, I have to wonder just how sane that is...While I agree the Iowa Caucus winner isn't necessarily representative of the candidate, saying his loss is good news is indicative of his cult of personality supporters.

As is the fact that you twist my words to have something negative to say.

We all have our opinions. Some think states should have control over their women's bodies. I don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You do realize that Paul's non-interventionism would preclude him from being concerned about the "Rights" of women in other countries. Why should he worry about theirs if he's not ever concerned with OURS?

Exactly. The right from death by American imperialism/nation building. The rights of people who are killed/maimed as a result of America's DIRECT actions. That's as far as our legal influence expands, our deliberate actions.

How can someone possibly claim to care about women's rights when our own Gov't kills innocent women as a result of special/corporate interests? And further - voice opposition against the ONE candidate who has the conviction (and consistent anti-war voting record) to put a stop to it??

It's deranged.

You do realize that more innocent people were killed in the undeclared war on Iraq than during the entire span of Saddam's regime?

We've made war and violence a way of life. Ron Paul is the ONLY one who would stop this barbarism, bring the troops home, and disengage from the murder of innocent life in the middle east region. Obama won't/hasn't. He's expanded the war effort and bombed more countries than Bush did. The remaining GOP are all ruthless warmongers.

Enter Ron Paul.

Everyone claiming to be a defendant of human rights CANNOT absolve themselves from their apathy toward the ongoing wars. We the people must answer for our country's gruesome war crimes. It's terrifying how disassociated we are with the reality of OUR nation's foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How can someone possibly claim to care about women's rights when our own Gov't kills innocent women as a result of special/corporate interests?

I'm not sure of the connection. I DO care that our government kills innocent people as a result of corporate interests. I am VERY much against the wars and our foreign policy and I support Paul's foreign policy position. It's his DOMESTIC policy that has me VERY concerned.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not sure of the connection. I DO care that our government kills innocent people as a result of corporate interests. I am VERY much against the wars and our foreign policy and I support Paul's foreign policy position. It's his DOMESTIC policy that has me VERY concerned.

VERY much against the wars ... so much so that you're willing to take a personal risk by voting for Ron Paul who would fight diligently to prevent the monopolistic-war-machine from manipulating us into another "occupation" under false pretenses (deeply unconstitutional) ... unlike ANY other presidential hopeful?

We're talking about considering the very certain death of innocent people over the hypothetical future event of you losing your right to an abortion in your respective state ... GIVEN that your state/any state actually bans abortion ... given that you ALSO happen to get pregnant ... given that your pregnancy is ALSO unwanted ... and ALSO given that your final decision is to terminate your pregnancy ...

That is a myriad of contingencies, statistical possibilities that become less likely as they compound in that necessary order.

It's the mere possibility of losing your right to an abortion in a specific area vs. inevitable, certain death of hundreds possibly thousands of innocent lives in the current ongoing wars and the expanding war effort.

I'm asking people to see how thoroughly we have dehumanized the citizens of our "enemies". We no longer speak in real human terms, but in terms of cold calculating militaristic capability. It's sick. We are not absolved from the diabolical actions of our Gov't. We must assume responsibility for these atrocities because NO ONE ELSE WILL.

I'm asking you to extend compassion to those women/men/children/babies who will inevitably suffer at the hands of the military-industrial-complex if ANY pro-establishment candidate is elected ... which is everyone barring Ron Paul.

This is a watershed moment for our nation, for the globe. Difficult, dire decisions must be made. As regrettable as this may be, we simply don't have the time to sit here lamenting about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

VERY much against the wars ... so much so that you're willing to take a personal risk by voting for Ron Paul who would fight diligently to prevent the monopolistic-war-machine from manipulating us into another nation building "occupation" under false pretenses (deeply unconstitutional) ... unlike ANY other presidential hopeful?

I am tempted, yes. I'm trying to decide whom to vote for. I'm exploring my options. Ron Paul is one of those options. Can you get off my back just a little bit?

I TOLD you it's not about abortion. I'm 56 years old. It's not MY abortion rights I'm concerned about! It's the federally protected rights of all citizens, including me.

... the hypothetical future event of you losing your right to an abortion in your respective state (which wouldn't be unconstitutional) ... GIVEN that your state/any state actually bans abortion ... given that you ALSO happen to get pregnant ... given that your pregnancy is ALSO unwanted ... and ALSO given that your final decision is to terminate your pregnancy ...

It's not about ME. I think of more than just myself, for Christ's sake! I'm not a pregnant teen or a poor woman who finds herself pregnant. I'm married to the person of my choice (for 20 years) and I'm white. It's not MY rights I'm concerned about. It's my FELLOW AMERICANS'. That comes FIRST to me.

I'm asking people to see how thoroughly we have dehumanized the citizens of our "enemies". We no longer speak in real human terms, but in terms of cold calculating militaristic capability. It's sick. We are not absolved from the diabolical actions of our Gov't. We must assume responsibility for these atrocities because NO ONE ELSE WILL.

I completely agree.

I'm asking you to extend compassion to those women/men/children/babies who will inevitably suffer at the hands of the military-industrial-complex

What makes you think I don't? You're so sure Paul would end the wars, but I'm not convinced.

As regrettable as this may be, we simply don't have the time to sit here lamenting about it.

The election is 10 months away! I most certainly DO have time to research, discuss my concerns and exercise my first amendment right before deciding who I will vote for.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join