It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Who Support Ron Paul: What About Your Reproductive Freedom?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
okay, so lets let the country burn to ashes because we don't want to force states to legalize a form of killing

That is a personal opinion of abortion.

It has nothing to do with National Reproductive Freedom.

I really don't have an opinion. I only know me. If I were pregnant no amount of convience would prompt me to give up my child, not even the threat of my own life. I know myself from the superficial covering people refer to personality all the way down to the source. and the source of my being is no different than anyone elses. Opinions are of the mind. Simply seeing abortion for what it is is not an opinion.

Yes - it is an opinion.

It is your opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Geez I can't stay away from this with all the great two liners people are spouting and all.

This really blows my mind that someone could be so self-centric as to argue about their rights when killing their own child, for no other reason than their selfishness.

I support abortion to a certain extent, but it isn't because of some ego problem, it's because of the conditions a child would grow up in. One out of every 10 people are unemployed, more of them are criminals and only half the damn population pays taxes, but forget any sort of collaboration with the rest of society, the reason women are for abortion is because they want to have sex and not deal with the consequences.

"Reproductive freedom"? Last time I checked your ability to get an abortion didn't interfere with your right to have sex with whoever you wanted. Where did this come from? That doesn't even make sense, what would've happened if there was never such a thing as medical abortion, would women have less rights?

What the hell do you think men feel like? Even if we wanted to care for our children we wouldn't be able to do it because of the female, if she disagrees or leaves the man. The woman can sit by and do drugs all day cashing checks from the child's father, while the child grows up with a drug addicted, crappy mother. All the while supported by a court of law.

This kind of spitefulness and irresponsibility from females is what really makes me think you should have never gotten any rights in the first place.
edit on 2-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
This really blows my mind that someone could be so self-centric as to argue about their rights when killing their own child, for no other reason than their selfishness.

There is zero reason to have a child - - that is not a selfish reason.

But - not having a child you are not ready for - - can be an unselfish act.

-----------------------------------------------------------

However - - this is not about the semantics of abortion opinion.

It is about: Women Who Support Ron Paul: What About Your Reproductive Freedom?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I wouldn't say having a child is selfish. I guess that's your perspective huh?

Though I would say that having a kid and not wanted to take responsibility for it is selfish, you just don't want to reap the field that you sowed. That is selfish and somehow translates to you can do whatever you want with YOUR BODY.

If I wanted to kill someone with MY BODY, that would be illegal wouldn't it? Yet we still kill people for the good of society, if someone killed my family and I want capital punishment, is it my decision? No.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All this talk of abortion has made me nauseous. I defend a person's right to choose an abortion only because I am a strict Libertarian and believe that a person should have command of his/her own life with the room to freely make his/her own decisions within the paramaters of Constitutional and criminal law ... this *must* include abortion. At the very least, my personal feelings regarding abortion give me no authority whatsoever in anyone's life regarding this issue. God hasn't given me that authority (I don't want it) and neither has the state. It's as simple as that.

On a strictly moral and personal level, I find it intensely depressing and very revealing of our continued degradation and devolution as a culture.
edit on 2-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I wouldn't say having a child is selfish.

Really?

Name one non-selfish reason to have a child.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Because your partner wants a child.

Basically that is what we (most males) have been reduced to. It's always the woman's decision, with complete disregard for any opinion we might have.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

. . you just don't want to reap the field that you sowed. That is selfish and somehow translates to you can do whatever you want with YOUR BODY.

WRONG! I did take responsibility.

At least I speak about what I know.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

abortion is killing a life form. that is not an opinion, it is an observation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

WRONG! I did take responsibility.

At least I speak about what I know.

What happened to your on-topic self moderation now?

I guess that only applies to things you don't agree with. Can you do anything other than post two lines?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I rest my case.

You can not provide one non-selfish reason to have a child.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not the one making judgments on abortion.

When that is not the subject.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I rest my case.

Wow okay, apparently that is a selfish reason to you.

Some case you have.

I'm not the one making judgments on abortion.

When that is not the subject.

Yea you can stuff it with your amateur moderation. I thought this thread was about Ron Paul's stance on abortion, I would seem to me that abortion is a part of that.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I rest my case.

Wow okay, apparently that is a self reason to you.

Some case you have.

ego just wants to be right

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: never mind ... done with this thread

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Child that in your opinion you aren't ready for. You aren't making much sense

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is not a discussion on Abortion. Maybe now we can get back on track.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is not a discussion on Abortion. Maybe now we can get back on track.

Okay then, tell me what's wrong with Ron Paul and women's reproductive freedom?

Don't mention the word abortion since that is so off topic.

Basically you just want to talk about your opinion on things and censor anything you don't like.

GTFO, you want to argue the leaf without mentioning the tree.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Here is the subject of this thread:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You realize saying "Here is the subject of the thread:" over and over again is off topic right?

You are not a moderator. So...

Here is the subject of the thread:

Do you have sort of rational argument left or is this it for you? Let's make this into a joke, thanks. This is the internet, not Annees totalitarian electronic opinions.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

The broader GOP have already stated it's intent to end it. Imagine if you had one of them "funny uncles" and he raped you and impreganated you, they want to make you keep the kid even in the event you WERE NOT A WILLING PARTICIPANT in the act. This is to allow YOU THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF!

NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO TOUCH YOU UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT THEM TOO! It's your body, not someone else's! The right is yours and yours alone as to what occurs with it.

Govt gives you the authourity so it's not a power grab on their end it's actually a power forfeit. To you it's a power grab.

Some legal definitions covering the event of an attack of a sexual nature :

A Tier Misdermeanor - Simple Assualt - the act of someone coming up to you and they continue to put their hands on you regardless of how insistent you are that they do not!
Bumps up to the following as the acts of hostility and aggression intensify :
D Tier Felony - Sexual Molestation - This is defined as during the act of rape the actor places their hands upon the direct skin contact or genitals of the victim.
C Tier Felony - Sexual Assault - This is defined as during the act of rape the actor forcibly rips the clothing off of the victim in order to penetrate a victim or to have an actor force a victim to penetrate them (Since not all rape victims are younger females as there are many men that are raped by females it's just underreported).
B Tier Felony - Sexual Battery - This is defined as during the act of rape the actor using or displays violence and/or violent acts during the commission of the act.
A Tier Felony - 1st Degree murder with sexual battery - This is defined as after the act of rape has transpired the actor kills or murders the victim in order to prevent the victim from reporting the incident to law enforcement which in most states will buy you life!
edit on 2-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join