It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for layman book on quantum mechanics, etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks, sorry to be a bit dense. The 2nd link looked interesting, but some of the next level links didn't work for me. What I saw of it looked a little bit too advanced for me right now. The 1st link is about right I think but even that one will be challenging. If I can brush-up my knowledge enough to understand that first book I will be proud of myself.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

In Physical Chemistry II class (mainly about quantum theory and the math as applied to chemistry), required reading was "Alice In Quantumland" by Robert Gilmore: "An Allegory of Quantum Physics".

It takes the particles and behaviors of the quantum world, and gives them characters like when Alice went through the looking glass.

Weird but meant to aid in visualization of the quantum world, and that is already quite strange IMHO.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by cloudyday

In Physical Chemistry II class (mainly about quantum theory and the math as applied to chemistry), required reading was "Alice In Quantumland" by Robert Gilmore: "An Allegory of Quantum Physics".

It takes the particles and behaviors of the quantum world, and gives them characters like when Alice went through the looking glass.

Weird but meant to aid in visualization of the quantum world, and that is already quite strange IMHO.

Thanks, I added that one to my shopping list too. Probably this is silly, but I would hate to die without at least knowing about some of these interesting discoveries in physics.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join