Please look at this...what's up with this light at Fukushima ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by safpianist1
I believe the Google Earth image shown is not Fukushima...Go to the coastline and find it just to the south of a town called Futaba which is east of Koriyama...

Yeah, I found east of Futaba. It's 70km from the city of Fukushima.

Is this the plant?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Keep going up the coastline to the north...it is the next plant. It seems that there are two Futaba communities...zooming in you can see the damage. The image is dated 3/18/2011...the coordinates are 37^25'47.61"N 141^02'13.85"E....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the one thing that points to it not being anything other than a light is that you can't see anything during the day. it's big enough that you should still see light coming from it during the day if it's something bad. if it turns off at the same time every morning then it's a giant light.... which is what i really hope it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Exactly! I tried to find out if radioactive material can be seen at night, but not IN the light....but NADA so far. This could be an illusion after all, but I am still going to keep an eye on it....because....well....I'm 99% convinced....but that 1% keeps nagging me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Exactly! I tried to find out if radioactive material can be seen at night, but not IN the light....but NADA so far. This could be an illusion after all, but I am still going to keep an eye on it....because....well....I'm 99% convinced....but that 1% keeps nagging me.

Afaik you cant see Radioactive Material with your blank Eye's
but you can see a big ongoing Fission Afaik

On the Tepco-Cam or the JNN/TBS Cam
you have no chance to see anything more harmful
than what we are seeing since the Tsunami,
they will turn off the Cam asap
edit on 6-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

would you be able to see the fission in the daytime? i would assume the heat/light intensity would be visible in the daytime. what the heck do i know though....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I just read about "the Light" from the Reactor in Chernobyl,
they saw it a Night Time

A big Fission will produce a Temperature of 2.500- ca. 3.000 Celsius,
this will alter the atmospheric Condition a lot!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
my take on it .... please excuse my english, as it is my third language, so I might not always make sense...

I can understand the light if it is a hanging light, swaying in the wind, and very powerful. The bright line running down (and up) is standard for a CCD-sensor being overloaded by very bright source (called blooming). BUT, above that light, is this plume, that cannot be explained by me. I know lens flares, that we can see clearly in other parts of that picture, but that plume, that is what is unexplained to me. It seems as though there is some sort of a high-pressure steam vent in front of the light, that causes that plume, and if I mask the light out, the plume still keeps on changing as though it is steam or very hot air, or something, because it keeps on changing, even during the times the light stays constant. (I do deal (and have dealt) with image processing a lot, and photography, and optics, so I think at least I know how to get rid of lens flares, or other image processing artifacts). I cannot comment further on the light, but in my mind it is a light on a pole, or something that vibrates, (wind, or other tremors), that is highly focussed, and almost right in line of the lens, but behind that plume. I have done lots of image processing on hundreds of seconds on the videos, and can explain the light (IF it is mounted on a pole, or something that vibrates), but the onliest thing that is constantly there, but changing is that plume...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

I just read about "the Light" from the Reactor in Chernobyl,
they saw it a Night Time

A big Fission will produce a Temperature of 2.500- ca. 3.000 Celsius,
this will alter the atmospheric Condition a lot!

ack!! but what does that mean??

does that mean the light might not be observable during the day??

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

that is interesting about the lens flare.... i didn't take that into consideration. as an avid photographer it's movement doesn't really make sense to me. however, i don't do video so i don't know how lens flare acts with a moving light. hmmm....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Can you give me a link to that? I searched to see if anyone saw lights like this at Chernobyl and 3 mile island...but couldn't find anything like pictures.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thank you...your English is excellent, because you just put it into words I could not. That plume seems to be separate from the "light line"....and it moves, as you said, as if something were being ejected.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I know nothing about all that, but I have been trying to find out. The thought occured to me that maybe this type of light is not visible IN the light (or the emissions coming from it (aka the plume)...as I said....I don't know....I want to find pics of Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island, both day and night, to see.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I remember seeing those types of plumes in my earlier days, when I worked as a (very) junior engineer at some industrial plants, and in physics class, and I am sorry, I don't work in industrial environments anymore, so I can't easily film one of those high-pressure steam vents, but after doing a bit of a search on google, I found this (not as high pressure as some of the industrial plumes I've seen), but if I look at the movement of the steam, it sorts of seem familiar to what we are seeing here. will look if I can find a better representation.

or this

edit on 6/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That DOES have similar characteristics....maybe it should be the plume we look at even more than the light? Maybe the light is just trying to hide something else....but still...why can't we see it during the day? It may be because there is nothing to see.....but I am soooo curious and have that doubt. Is there a type of light or substance which can only be seen in the dark?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
no one read this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Berkeley, you mean about the plants? Yes, I did. You could be right....they do have some effect. What do you think about the plume like thing? Do you think that's lens flare or some kind of emission or steam? I'm kind of looking more at that now, like perhaps the light is just a light, but there is maybe something still going on near or behind it. I've said many times that I could be wrong....and nothing's going on....but something just strikes me about it. When I look at the TBS/JNN cam, that area (where the light and plume is, is out of view, so I'm hoping maybe it will pan over that way (sometimes they move the cam) I'm not dismissing what you're saying at all....and it's more likely that it's something like that as it's a TERRIBLE cam.....but you know how sometimes something just eats at you?
Maybe I have watched it too much....but I look at it and something just strikes me about how BRIGHT it is and how there seems to be something coming from the top of it....ugggh

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I agree with you that it is a POS camera. I believe all the things you are seeing, the plume and the blue line anomoly are nothing more than lens flares. The plume is for sure a lens flare and perhaps made by fog or other moisture.

I know you work at that time but this weekend, if you can, watch the cam at sunset.. that light comes on at 6:30 and it is still light enough to see the horizon behind it.

ETA
the light is bright because it is aimed ( I am sure not on purpose) in the general direction of the camera.
edit on 6-1-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just caught this....I HOPE this is wind. It looks very wavy and then starts shaking like crazy....especially the last few minutes. It could be the wind moving the camera, I haven't checked usgs yet....just wanted to get it up here first....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join