It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this...what's up with this light at Fukushima ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

i can't grasp how that could be a work light either. it would have to be directed straight at the camera unless they use 360 lamps. most industrial work lights are directional. to me.... and i know nothing... it seems bigger and brighter than an industrial work light. the light fluctuation just doesn't add up to me that it's trees blowing around in front of it. industrial work lights are so intense they don't put them low to the ground because they would blind the workers. they are also usually pointed downward to light the work area.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is how it looks now...I circled the area with my curser....it is very pixelated, but you can see a red area there.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Yeah....I want to think it's the wind....but I'm just not sure....it's just so intense. I am usually the one saying..."oh it's nothing"....but honestly, when it did that today, it scared me. I hope I'm just trippin
But I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
there's definitely a red area which could be lens flare. it's really odd that the light is gone during the day. if something was happening with the reactor (on fire) you'd be able to see the light during the day.

edited to add that in full screen the red doesn't at all look like lens flare.
edit on 3-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I know. I thought lens flare at first too.....but I'm not so sure. Up until today, as soon as the light went out, you couldn't see any trace of it...but today....there was a single light still visible in exactly the same spot....I have it recorded....still need to upload....I will asap....it takes soooo long! I hope I don't make a fool of myself with all this, but I just thought I should put it out there just in case it IS important. Oh well.....it wouldn't be the first time I made a fool of myself

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

it could be nothing but there's the possibility something bad is happening. either way i don't think you'd look foolish for thinking a nuclear reactor that has been damaged might be about to blow. even if it's nothing it's pretty easy to be freaked out by a crazy light coming from a damaged reactor! i'm hoping it's nothing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I agree, that is the first thing i noticed. So i thought. Man thats a nice shot of a tree blowing in the wind.
Nothing unusual about that at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

My guess is that there was some arcwelding going on which as everyone knows not to look at the light directly, the camera can't make that distinction and therefore damages the photocells in the camera itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

My guess is that there was some arcwelding going on which as everyone knows not to look at the light directly, the camera can't make that distinction and therefore damages the photocells in the camera itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So do I.....I appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Techata

That's what I thought at first too...but there were a couple of welders on here that said that isn't what it would look like LOL! I don't know......it could be the wind, but it does it even when there is no wind. I'm not trying to make something out of nothing, really, I'm not. You have to kind of watch it over a period of time to see what I'm talking about. That's why I put up some older vids for comparison....if it were the wind or welding, why has it changed from a soft glow to this intense central light? Thanks for your thoughts, I'm not discounting that at all. It very well could be that.....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Good interview on the issue with Dr. Christopher Busby:

edit on 3-1-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Interesting....especially the part at the end about cracks in it and steam....which kind of creeped me out because I think that it looks like something is going up from that area. If you look at the light, you'll see that just as in any bright object, there's that "line" that goes through it (I hope you know what I'm talking about)....in the videos, notice that the thick part of the line, which looks like a plume, is obscuring the "flare line"....like it is separate...as in something spewing from a source upwards. Hope that made sense

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

i cannot see how it is even sort of possible that this kind of light would be from welding. i can SORT of see how it might be a work light because those things are blinding but welding seems completely unlikely. i'm not buying the welding explanation at all. the "plumes" look like lens flare so i'm not very concerned about that. the brightness of the light, how large it is considering the distance from the camera.... just plain weird.

Almost definitely not welding. For it to be a work light it would almost have to be equivalent to one of those lights that shine up at the sky rotating in a circular pattern over grand openings or other events.

The "plume" on the other hand does concern me because you can see some lens flare, just not where the plume is. However if you look at the clouds at the top of the video moving toward the left and compare it to the "plume" there is similar shading and movement. While there may be some glare the "plume" doesn't seem to be part of it as far as I can see.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Yes....it is at the very top of the "plume" that I was mentioning....if you watch it, it sort of spreads....obscuring the lens flare line which goes through the light, as if it were a separate thing. Am I making sense?
Sorry, I'm typing this while getting ready for work so in a rush....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by BABYBULL24

notice that the thick part of the line, which looks like a plume, is obscuring the "flare line"....like it is separate...as in something spewing from a source upwards.

Great description, that's the best way of explaining what it looks like to me too.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
welding just doesn't at all seem plausible. it just doesn't create that large of a light at that distance. i realize it's probably a crappy camera but that would make a weld at that distance look less bright.... in my inexperienced opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
why would they set up a camera here if they wanted to hide something? I cant imagine them purposefully setting up a camera then doing something they wanted to hide from the public, then blurring it out.
If you really want to know whats going on just sit there waiting for the light to come on and see if there is any people moving around prior to it coming on.
I doubt its aliens harnessing radiation lol. its probally the dilligent japanese people working at night.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of welding.
and this looks a lot like welding. sorry.

But! why do it at night??
any videos of it in the day?
you would still see it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I have seen a lot of welding.
and this looks a lot like welding. sorry.

But! why do it at night??
any videos of it in the day?
you would still see it.

it does look like welding until you take the distance into consideration. and why for so LONG in one spot?? to me welding (which i've seen) couldn't possibly be that bright that far away. how could the welder even stand the heat? if the camera were only a short distance away that might make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join