It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t I like Harry Potter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Harry Potter: I can’t stand the books, films or understand the dedicated followers.

I did try. I have attempted on many occasions to watch the movies, but, to no avail. I get about 15 minutes into the film and need to turn it off before I shout to the skies.

As for the books…zzzz… don’t get me started on the adults who say ‘actually, theyre some of the best pieces of fiction I’ve yet to come across, ya know?” give me a break and go read something intended for someone aged 16 plus.

Sorry, Harry. Goodnight.

Harry, I have something for you...

edit on 2-1-2012 by mandroids because: added thumbs down

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow was thinking the same as my sister is watching it right now, came on ats to get away from harry potter.
what annoys me is the amount of money people have made from this terrible fiction.
well its all finished now as their careers most likely will be.
S+F for a well aimed rant.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I liked them and began to read way before they destroyed my picture of the story with those films (never watched one). Same with LOR and others. Movies always have to destroy the story of a book (see Jesusmovie). 100s of pages gone through in 2 minutes of film.

just to be fitted "for the mass".

maybe if you read the first books before the hype around the movie films began, you would think otherwise
edit on 2-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I didn't like the movies half of them the guy is like 80 years old and still in grade school. Our kid really loves the movie. Then again she like to jump and land on my crotch. I hope both are out grown soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

So ur more of a twilight fan then?

I get too confused by all the stuff in potter movies. i think I've seen most of 1 once. it's all the same really.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Harry Potter & It’s a Pension Plan For Aged British Actors.

BTW, just how huge is Potter’s head?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by mandroids

So ur more of a twilight fan then?

I get too confused by all the stuff in potter movies. i think I've seen most of 1 once. it's all the same really.

TWILIGHT.....BE GONE WITH YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Harry Potter stories are highly imaginative. Just looking at that castle school alone draws me in. The characters are wonderful with intriguing story lines. What's not to love?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Harry potter is always so dirty. Why doesn't he wash up?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To be honest, when i was about 17 i dismissed them as for kids and swore id never read something so childish... Then i met a girl and she wanted to go to the movies to watch the 5th movie to which i obliged as i liked her...

Long story short i loved the film, i watched all the others and the ones since and the books are the most read in my collection. The ex girlfriend has gone but the best story i've ever read is still with me

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hey, I hate Harry potter. Never said me anything.
Can't even give you a reason, meh!

I hate facebook too, never used it once, I got my friends where I need them.
(don't need a wall to tell my friends/family what to do the next 2 hours)

I do like like to see some animated shows, just because I know its unreal, I can laugh by it, and actually feel I won't waste anytime. Because there is no acting needed.

I hate most movies, but of course I love some movies. I just hate them because most of them feel like waste of time, just because I know they are actors.
(would rather want to use my time to rant on some everyday thing)

But although I hate most of the movies there is, I love nearly every kind of music in this world.
I just don't like that music number with "Wiz Khalifa - black and yellow", if you know that song.

I love every person on this planet, and even when I meet some smart ass (rarely), I love that person.
I just pity that person, and hope he will become a little stronger, than he is.

Well, all in all, I hate something, you hate something, I love something, you love something.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They're great films, you moaning gits

They start to get darker as the series goes on and as you start getting to know all the characters it really draws you in. Unless you've watched them all and understand exactly what is going on and how it all unravels then people's rants aren't justified, there I said it

Haven't read the books though, and wouldn't, I prefer works by authors in the vein of Michael Moorcock.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join