It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomena at the Bobadilla Army Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I had never heard of this before reading the article.
I searched ATS, and there is nothing on it here.
It's a fascinating read for those of you interested in UFO activities.
I'm doing some additional research to see what else is out there
about the phenomena at this Army base.

Spain: Strange Phenomena at the Bobadilla Army Base
www.ufodigest.com...

The Bobadilla Military Facility is located in the province of Málaga, which was an operating military base with considerable activity for a long time, but it is still not known for sure why the Spanish army stopped making use of it, at least as far as public opinion is concerned. Given that it is under the control of the EA – Spain's “ejercito del aire” - the air force) and its activity is completely zero, many wonder the reason why the Ministry of Defense insists on keeping it open, even when it has no use whatsoever, in theory.

In the 1970s, while this air base was operational, a strange UFO event took place within it. Toward the end of the decade, a fleet of unidentified flying objects was photographed by a group of UFO buffs from the lovely province of Málaga who decided to look into the sighting, requesting permission from the highest official in charge to secure information on sightings in the area. The officer-in-charge placed a sizable file on the surface of his desk and named a price for it. In spite of this, and the materialistic interest in the subject, the base has been and remains the subject of phenomena related to the UFO phenomenon.

Mod edit: From the Terms & Conditions:Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website
edit on 2/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Interesting, I have been near there several times.

Might have to check it out next time I travel to the area.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This sounds similar to some suspected underground bases elsewhere....
Oh how i would like to see all the various reports and stories flied in one big craay computer.....
There must be some very pertinent information we could glean by having all this stuff in one huge file......cross referencing for similarities and statistical analysis etc.....
Brazil has had some UFO incidents with their army posts that remain mysterious....etc.....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here's a little bit of information and history on the base. I haven't found any more additional information on the unusual events there, but I'll continue searching.
www.ejercitodelaire.mde.es

Autonomous Region: Andalusia
Province: Malaga
Address: Air Quartering Bobadilla
Zip Code: 29540
Phone: 952720023
Bobadilla Logistics Squadron

Date of establishment: 1939

Its history goes back to the end of the decade of the 30's, where wooden barracks were built along the stream of Jars (approximately in the vicinity of the main well water supply of the unit) for storage of explosive material from Italy and Germany for the Spanish Civil War.

In 1943 moved to its present location, Cave Hill, beginning the construction of the quartering of troops and magazines at the end of it, were assigned to work TORMAC company based in Madrid.

Participating in them about 1,500 men, a hundred mules and some trucks. It finally concluded the work of the main tunnel and galleries in 1949.

After the first stage of construction of the magazine, in late 1945 began to reach incendiary explosives and lots of cartridge, mostly of Italian and German.

The first shipments were made by rail, but after the first few years, fell significantly, and are made almost exclusively by truck.

On November 23, 2004, visit this unit HE. Sr. General del Aire D. Mr. General of Air D. Francisco Francisco José García de la Vega, Chief of Staff of the Air Force.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thanks for posting this, isyeye!
This is very interesting to me. I had my "through the looking glass" experience very close to Bobadilla (I used to live 15 mins drive from the lakes).
I did not know that there was a military base there though. I thought the closest one was Moron de la Frontera (USAFB with a very long runway and plenty of unexplained sightings linked to it).
Bobadilla is a lot closer and I think has an equally likely connection to the thing I saw.

Anyway, one of these days I must go up there for a bit of sightseeing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It goes like this...forget UFO's or OVNI'S as their known here in spain.
Its a budget thing, the ministrty of defence knows if you dont spend what the government gives you each year, the following they give you less.

This base is there to keep the minstry's of defences budget reasonable.

The base just makes up for numbers even though nothing happens there.

If they shut the base the following year the MOD will give the airforce a couple of million euros less,so they keep it open, but empty, running at an absolute minimum, to justify their budget claims.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
intresting, if it could provide evidance

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapidtregal

Here's something I found. I have no clue what it is on the screen, but the end is unusual.

There is another video on the internet that was recorded at Bobadilla, but was found to just be a video of Venus. I'll see if I can locate it to save anyone looking into this some time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Originally posted by isyeye

...a fleet of unidentified flying objects was photographed...

It would sure be nice to see those pictures.
My google search yielded nothing, but was limited to English search terms.
Would be nice if someone who speaks Spanish could do a search too.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Did a bit of searching and found this (scroll down for images)

I can't translate all of it at the moment as I can hardly see it and I'm a little busy with work. However I wouldn't be surprised if the original post contains the translation.

However I'll have a bash at the header:

On the night of the 9th of May 2010, a UFO which changed size and shape appeared above an ammunitions depot of the air force in the Malaguenan locality of Bobadilla Estacion, being seen by a good number of military personnel and picked up by one of installation's security cameras. A reporter from ANO/CERO has managed to break the wall of silence surrounding this case, by obtaining the images of the unidentified object and interviewing some of the witnesses in this exclusive.

The part in blue says it is not the first incident and details the story of the 1.2 meter creature.

In retrospect I don't think I've actually added anything other than pointing to the source material in the OP.
Sorry about that.

ETA The video above is, I believe a projection (during a presentation) of the surveillance footage.
edit on 4-1-2012 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join