It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphone spying getting easier for abusers, stalkers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I was reading this article and I am horrified that someone can just install an app on my phone and basically clone it to spy on me.

ofc they can.. A smart phone is a programble device.. If you load a program on to listen to conversations then you will be able to listen to conversations..
Just the same as if i install a key logger on your computer i can record the keystrokes..

Best thing is to have passwords set to enter the phone and a separate one to enter the setting menu. Further have you anti virus up to date and do not give your phone to someone you do not trust....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Do you know what always gets me when installing apps? Its the kind of information the apps want, for example, Phone Identity, contacts, owner name and phone number. This used to bother me so much that I remove any app that wants access to such information. I just don't get why a free app would require such information

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Good point and I know there is a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
On android search market for app called
Permissions

Lets you control what apps have access to.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

Thanks for that information. I will look into it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Can you even tell if someone is spying on you. I think if someone was spying, your phone would start acting all weird and stuff, and your camera would be turning itself on all the time. Wouldn't the spyware app show up on the installed applications menu, or on the spyware app. I don't have any stalkers that I know of, but you can never be so certain I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by TheOven

Thanks for that information. I will look into it.

I use it and it works well.

I am sure anything more sophisticated would hide from it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Its not really a big deal, they call it "spy bubble" but it isnt. You still have to install it on the phone.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If you arent doing anything wrong you aint got anything to worry about. If you need to spy on your partner well this means you are not being treated the way you feel you deserve. You either work on fixing it or you walk... If a partners actions are such that an affair is possiblity, then its not a healthy relationship...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join