It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Will and the Mustard Seed (Jesus philosophy)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Frira

The new heaven and new earth will be void of sin. Without sin one needs no law. This is my opinion.

And without the law, there is no punishment of sin. I think it is the punishment that people don't want to hear about because they only want to hear about the rewards.

Which is the entire basis behind those non believers who claim "your God must be evil and not as omnipotent or all loving as he claims, if he will not forgive the wicked for being wicked anyway"

So you're actually saying many of the authors of the OT will not be forgiven for their wickedness?

They faced it in their day. Moses killed an Egyptian during a fight in which the Egyptian was beating a slave. Was Moses wrong in that? And which particular writer are you referring to?

David committed adultery and had a man killed. The prophet of God, Nathan, went to him and said "what would you do to this man who ruthlessly stole another man's sheep?" David gave his answer and Nathan responded with"It was you." David immediately recognized it was his own fault. The baby born out of that died and David took full responsibility for his actions. So yes, God does catch them.

Another instance was when Eli the prophet was warned by Samuel that God was not pleased by Eli's non-actions when his sons were raping women. Eli would not confront them and God decided enough was enough and killed Eli.

So yes, God demands justice no matter who we are.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Frira

The new heaven and new earth will be void of sin. Without sin one needs no law. This is my opinion.

And without the law, there is no punishment of sin. I think it is the punishment that people don't want to hear about because they only want to hear about the rewards.

Which is the entire basis behind those non believers who claim "your God must be evil and not as omnipotent or all loving as he claims, if he will not forgive the wicked for being wicked anyway"

So you're actually saying many of the authors of the OT will not be forgiven for their wickedness?

Nope, their faith in God is what saved them before the Son of Man. After The Messiah, faith in him is what saves us. Abraham is not in perdition, neither are any of the others who believed in Yah and chose to serve him and submit to his will. Even Moses who broke the tablets Yah wrote with his own hand and disobeyed God by striking the water from the rock with his staff when God commanded him to speak to the rock was allowed to enter the Lord's Rest. Their faith in Yah purified them.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Ah good....

So at least we can be sure that there are a few OT authors in "hell"...

Now if they are in hell, can you still take their writings seriously?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Frira

Nope, their faith in God is what saved them before the Son of Man. After The Messiah, faith in him is what saves us. Abraham is not in perdition, neither are any of the others who believed in Yah and chose to serve him and submit to his will. Even Moses who broke the tablets Yah wrote with his own hand and disobeyed God by striking the water from the rock with his staff when God commanded him to speak to the rock was allowed to enter the Lord's Rest. Their faith in Yah purified them.

So God will forgive murderers, rapists, and those who torture his children.... As long as they have faith..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ah good....

She never said Eli was in hell. As i stated in my above post their faith is what purified them. When God punishes his believers by killing them, think of it as being recalled. If you do not do his will after swearing yourself to him, he will recall you if you do not repent. Samuel warned Eli and it was Eli's inaction that caused him to be punished. Yah is a drill sargeant, when he says jump, you do not ask "how high?" you do it because he has commanded it and because he has reasons that we do not see but he does. We only catch glimpses of the picture, he is looking at the entire tapestry.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Notice though i did not specify which authors...

I wasn't talking about any of the people she replied with...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So God will forgive murderers, rapists, and those who torture his children.... As long as they have faith..

Jesus does, yes if they have repented and turned away from doing those things. The only sin that will not be forgiven is to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. That is the one sin Jesus will not forgive you for in this life or the next and that is the sin in which no matter how hard you plead and beg your cries will fall on deaf ears and no mercy be granted.

By denying the miracles the Miessiah performed in his ministry on earth, including his resurrection and ascension, those people are denying the truth of the Holy Spirit which equals blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. You don't have to go to church to believe and serve Jesus, the church is not a physical location it is a spiritual brotherhood, a spiritual bond with the other brothers and sisters in Christ and a personal bond and relationship with him. If my church that i got and fellowship with others at gets burned down, i am still a part of the Church of Christ. Our temple to him resides in our hearts.
edit on 2-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Jesus does, yes if they have repented and turned away from doing those things. The only sin that will not be forgiven is to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. That is the one sin Jesus will not forgive you for in this life or the next and that is the sin in which no matter how hard you plead and beg your cries will fall on deaf ears and no mercy be granted.

By denying the miracles the Miessiah performed in his ministry on earth, including his resurrection and ascension, those people are denying the truth of the Holy Spirit which equals blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. You don't have to go to church to believe and serve Jesus, the church is not a physical location it is a spiritual brotherhood, a spiritual bond with the other brothers and sisters in Christ and a personal bond and relationship with him. If my church that i got and fellowship with others at gets burned down, i am still a part of the Church of Christ. Our temple to him resides in our hearts.
edit on 2-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

1.impious utterance or action concerning God or sacred things.
2. Judaism .
a. an act of cursing or reviling God.
3. Theology . the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God.
4. irreverent behavior toward anything held sacred, priceless, etc.: He uttered blasphemies against life itself.
5. The act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

The act of Murder is blasphamy against the spirit... so is rape....

We are all priceless children of God... If you violate another person you blasphame against the spirit of God.

Blasphemy is more then just a verbal proclaimation...

Are we not sacred entities... all of us in our own right? And priceless? Every last one of us?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by sacgamer25

IF you chose to teach the message of Jesus... Why do you preach outside of his words?

I expected you here. And I still defend Paul as being inspired by the Holy Spirit. I have never asked so I think I will. What are the specifics behind why you choose not to believe in the writings from Paul? What is in the writings that you feel don’t agree with Christ’s message?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ah good....

We can not be sure of anyone but ourselves. To say one knows is putting oneself on the thrown of rightousness that has been given to the Son.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You said authors of the OT without naming them, so which writer of the OT are you talking about? You don't even know who they are and assuming them to be those things you accuse them of. That violates the 9th Commandment, thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

But we live in this day and time, but the commandment still stands, only now we call it libel when it is written. So you threw the accusation out there, who specifically are you saying did those things?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

IF you chose to teach the message of Jesus... Why do you preach outside of his words?

I expected you here. And I still defend Paul as being inspired by the Holy Spirit. I have never asked so I think I will. What are the specifics behind why you choose not to believe in the writings from Paul? What is in the writings that you feel don’t agree with Christ’s message?

There are several that i don't agree with...

specifically to name at least one...

Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

This proclaimation makes paul a liar... and i will never trust a liar

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Ah good....

We can not be sure of anyone but ourselves.

Incorrect.....

The lessons of Jesus are without flaw... This I KNOW

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You said authors of the OT without naming them, so which writer of the OT are you talking about? You don't even know who they are and assuming them to be those things you accuse them of. That violates the 9th Commandment, thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

But we live in this day and time, but the commandment still stands, only now we call it libel when it is written. So you threw the accusation out there, who specifically are you saying did those things?

Read through the evill bible website....

pretty much any author within those passages are who im refering to...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You still do not know who they are. so why don't you read it and then get back with me on that.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

And isn't that exactly what some religions teach, that you can be like God?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You still do not know who they are. so why don't you read it and then get back with me on that.

I am vague because of your approach...

Which i return to you...

Figure it out for yourself...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

And isn't that exactly what some religions teach, that you can be like God?

Perhaps....

Religion can teach a lot of things...

Not my style personally but to each their own

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

mathew 1:23
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

So I imagine you don't agree with Mathew either? Quite litteraly this passage answers all questions about who Jesus was. He was however 100% man subject to all the same temptations we were. He was showing us how with the Holy Spirit we could overcome and become like him. So being 100% man he was subjected to the authority of the father, just as the Holy Spirit, the very Spirit of God is subject to the authority of the father.

To me this as much as I try to understand the trinity. I look at it as sort of a family that makes up the variables of one love. In earthly terms Father, Mother, and Son make up the different variables of love. Each part is equally necessary for us to understand love but are all part of one. I believe the trinity is best understood this way. They are all one equally necessary to form the understanding of love. The Son and the Holy Spirit are subject to the father but are equally part of the love that makes up the father. In this way they are subject to the father and one with the father.

edit on 3-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Nope, their faith in God is what saved them before the Son of Man.

So if people in the OT could save themselves from eternal punishment for their faith in God, then the whole point of God sending himself down to Earth to kill himself, to save us from a rule he implemented in the first place was.......?
edit on 3-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join